|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Clarkson is the one who gets traded eventually out of the current core 3 young players.

He's the expendable one. You can find a clarkson type in FA. It's a lot harder to find someone with dlo's vision, or randles combo of strength, speed, agility, and competitive edge.

I'd rather not trade any of them, but if it costs one for a superstar, then clarkon's out.

Last edited:
Ska, from the Kobe thread, yes, I do see your wear/tear point, but 21-22-23-24 year old Kobe wouldn't wear down from that.

Also remember, Shaq was a nothing defender those years, just "Big". Kobe was an All League defender. On top of putting up 30-7-6 over 82 games.

And when Shaq would take games off and Phil asked Kobe to step up, he went for 35+ a night for a month against every teams best defender while he still locked down every teams best wing.

I highly suspect he could have done that with his highest energy years.

Also, to avoid trouble in that thread, Duncan? 19 years, one coach. 14 of them with BOTH Parker/Manu, HOFers.
15 with at least Parker.
And then David with him the previous 4 years.

Meaning?

Duncan played every single season of his career with one HOF coach, and at least one HOF player. And 14 of the 19 with multiple HOFers.

But Kobe, and ONLY Kobe rode some coattails. Even tho Duncan became a part time player back in 2008 and no one says anything about it a decade later. :nerd:

(For sake of me avoiding banishment today :lol: )

Do we give some credit to byron for how he coached dlo? Remember our #1 complaint about him at the beginning of the season? Dude is playing with a fire that was completely non-existent when he last started. 

Prime Eddie Murphy level comedy right here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm
Watching the game on mute at a restaurant.
All I see are replays of kobe, are they even talking about our young core of guys ?

Clarkson looks complacent at times with being "good enough" to be in the league.

I don't wanna read too much into it, but his
whole vibe screams "I've made it."

DLo looks like he wants to be far better than just "good," that's why I have faith in him. He will put in the work to be great, I'm not so sure about Clarkson. He seems content with his Hollywood fame and inevitable fortune.

Originally Posted by PMatic
Originally Posted by DarthSka
Originally Posted by CP1708

How you feelin about his rookie year?
Not gonna lie, dude: I'm giddy. I'm not real big on building around PGs, and I think he's going to be a great piece to a team that's a contender every year. And I reaaaallly hope that's us, but every part of me thinks we're going to trade him for a superstar, then turn around and try to find someone just like him, someone who isn't a superstar but is a niiice contributor and will give his man a problem every night.

You?
Absolutely fear this a la Wiggins-Love.
Exactly.

Exactly, exactly, exactly.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by LoveHateSelf

I'm
Watching the game on mute at a restaurant.
All I see are replays of kobe, are they even talking about our young core of guys ?
Jon Barry literally just said right before coming back to the 3rd quarter that Kobe is getting all this fanfare tonight, but it was DLo and Randle that have the Lakers in this game tonight and they look real good for the Lakers moving forward.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CP1708

If we get #1 (Ben Simmons) Randle will be the one dealt.

If we get Ingram, all 4 can stay.
I don't really want Randle to go, either. 
ohwell.gif

See, Kobe hitting 4 in a row was nice, but that 5th attempt was forced.

And now... ok, never mind, he tried to dump down to Randle but CHI stopped it, then he just tried to hit Clarkson on a nice cut that didn't work.

So never mind.

I'm interested to see how many TV games we get next season if we don't get anyone of significance this summer, hopefully tix go down as well.

Randle is such a blackhole, which is disappointing because he has passing skills and vision.

Clarkson looks complacent at times with being "good enough" to be in the league.

I don't wanna read too much into it, but his
whole vibe screams "I've made it."

DLo looks like he wants to be far better than just "good," that's why I have faith in him. He will put in the work to be great, I'm not so sure about Clarkson. He seems content with his Hollywood fame and inevitable fortune.

Strange timing to say something like this. He's having his best month of the season playing lights out. Really don't know what yall be watching sometimes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom