|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we actually just wait until he gets the keys or whatever yall call it and see what he does, that's as accurate as you can get. We'll get to see first hand how he does against the starting PGs around the league on both ends.  All this other stuff is hypothetical. 

Last edited:
Or you give him the keys his first game, and you let him get a year of trial and error... You know like most coaches do, and like Byron has done in the past... This isn't like we got Eddie Jones on the roster right now, and Eddie Jones is a really dynamic and good young player.

Instead of jerking him around all season..

Can't close in games too close, can't close in games too out of hand... Can't start because you don't just want to hand it to him, but you started him the first 20 games anyway. Then bench him because the first unit gets off to bad starts, and still getting off to bad starts when you inexplicably took Russell & Randle out of the starting lineup. Tell him you want him to be more aggressive, then bench him because he was being too aggressive.. Say you have a good relationship with him and that it's a very "playful" relationship, and then blast him in the media for being too playful. Say he's going to start Russell after the All Star Break.. Doesn't and says he doesn't talk to Russell about his role and his minutes.

There's are all things Byron has done this season.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh none of this can impact a player.

Last edited:
@MarkG_Medina
Byron said that D'Angelo didn't close out simply bc he didn't start. Byron said that would happen soon

This is the quote we got almost 60 games into the season.

Not to mention he said his number 1 priority the rest of the season is to win games first.. Then develop the young guys.

And this

@FlyByKnite
Why didn't Byron Scott close with Roy Hibbert then?

Last edited:
We know you harp on it every day. Everything is Byron's fault. Nobody has any accountability except him. You just posted the starter numbers vs bench numbers for D'Lo, reb is up, everything else is slightly worse. We obviously need a coaching change nobody is disputing that. Once that happens (hopefully this summer or early next year) we'll hopefully have a better idea of what he can and can't do in what should be a more conducive environment and make our judgments then. 

We can get to what the players are and are not doing, if you want. I have plenty to say where each of them can improve. Hell I just wrote a damn page on Jordan Clarkson. Have done it for Julius Randle. Have even done it for Russell.. Not a single one of them are without flaws, nor finished projects.

If we were a playoff bound team, then holding the Young Guys back is fine, it makes sense, I understand..

We are a lottery team, you build their confidence. You let them play. You learn by doing, not by watching. Despite whatever Byron thinks. You make a mistake, you learn from it.. Oh I screwed up doing this last time, let me try something different. Instead, we basically are wasting a damn year. Rather than getting everything you can out of your situation, you get mixed messages.

Accountability always goes from the top down, not the bottom up.

Byron is their boss. If any of us worked for a boss like him, we'd probably take our damn chances on the unemployment line because Byron is demanding things from his players that are contradictory in nature.

So if we needed a new coach... Instead of having a guy who had the rigors of an NBA season, and worked through them, we now have a guy who still has to learn a bunch of things that he could have easily experienced already.

All Mark Medina Quotes from a Lakers Outsider twitter

"I've been told the Lakers haven't yet decided on the future of Coach Byron Scott. They want to see how these last 20+ games left." Medina.

"But with Mitch dismissing the Byron Q's recently at practice. That doesn't look good. I can't help but think this is it for Byron Scott."

Medina again said there is a 0% chance any Front Office changes happen this summer. LA will wait until the Summer of 2017. (Jims deadline)

"I don't think it's very realistic at all. They must have a solid plan B when the top guys turn them down." -Medina on LAL KD/DeMar FA 2016.

Medina went on to say the Lakers don't have anything to sell to those top free agents. A top FA who wants to win now will not come to LA.

"That they do bad enough to keep the top 3 pick. And more development of the young guys. Otherwise it's a lost season." -Medina. Sheesh.

"A lot of top tier Free Agents will see the Lakers are headed in an unknown direction." -Medina

When it comes to Free Agency.. I think they have the ability to approach it where it makes it a bit more intriguing.

And rather than go at KD by his lonesome. Go after KD & Horford at the same time. Say to KD; we have room for you, but we're also talking to Horford. Not only do we have the room to add both of you guys, we have that plus more, and we make enough money every year that we don't give a damn about money. We have to work within the cap, but we don't make cost cutting measures that kill a team's title window. We spend as much dollars as needed to get to a title team if it is within reach.

Not only do we have room for you two, but we still have a little more cap space, and we could maneuver in a way that could make a run at someone who is a star next year.

Not just that we have enough room to add the pieces to make a run in the playoffs now. We also have a bright core for the future that add depth now, and can sustain us as a winning franchise for the rest of your career.

That's something we couldn't do in 2013, because we were already well over the cap. In 2014, had 1 max cap slot, and nothing to really sell. In 2015, I think we had a legitimate chance of getting a name if we could have put something next to it. Kobe's contract put the kibosh on that.

You gotta really push for a haul. Not one then the other.. Gotta sell them that we want both of you to come here, and when that happens, we make the last signing, lock up Clarkson & Tarik Black, and then we'll be ready to make a run.

That's one of the major problems with our pitches, besides the focus on what our TV Network shows are.. Is that we were not able to provide direction. The best pitch we had to Aldridge was we can pay you max money.. We have Russell, Clarkson & Randle... But once we signed Aldridge it became "THEN WHAT," and there was no way to put a good answer to that.

Now we can say... We can add two big names, and a 3rd the following year, and have a significant amount of depth with our young guys.

Last edited:
He's really making it tough to pass him up

Think he may be a little polarizing to guys like KD, Horford & Batum. So we'd likely not get a team up FA.

So I'd try to team two of those 3 guys together first.

I Think Whiteside sits a bit longer. And we can swing back to him. And Miami likely moves in a different direction. We offer a lot of what he wants. Role, platform and money.

Not a bum, a guy that actually can play.

And I'm of the belief Whiteside should be priority number 1 in free agency, he's the most gettable. Can't risk him going somewhere else .

Last edited:
Not a bum, a guy that actually can play.

And I'm of the belief Whiteside should be priority number 1 in free agency, he's the most gettable. Can't risk him going somewhere else .

Don't see why not. The draft can tighten up like it did last year. But this draft seems a lot more like 2014. 1 takes Wiggins.. 2 has to take Parker. And vice versa if 1 took Parker.

Yeah the Whiteside thing is really tough. What you're saying makes sense. But damn it's tough.

If you get KD to listen. And he says I will if you convince Horford. You put yourself in a weird spot if you agreed to sign Whiteside.

So even if KD is a long shot, even if he's a 5% chance. He's gotta come first. And you see what he wants and what it will take if anything.

Whiteside priority number 2? That's fine. Unless KD says he wants something else.

Last edited:
I'm just trying to play the probability game. Whiteside will take the least amount of selling and he fits a void right away.

It sure would be nice to get a rim protector for the defense and roll guy for D'Angelo. A shame he's a knucklehead and doesn't pass.

I think of Bynum when I see Whiteside. Attitude wise that is :lol: the kid has talent no doubt about that.

Russell is starting. Needed that extra couple days to think about it.

I'm curious what he's going to say when Lou Williams closes.

I can see it now D'Lo gets 33 minutes, dammit Byron why didn't you give him 35!?!

I can see it now D'Lo gets 33 minutes, dammit Byron why didn't you give him 35!?!

Let him start, let him finish. Run he, Clarkson & Randle together a good amount. Let him have more than 30 minutes. And I'm fine.

That's very little to ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom