|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="PMatic"]It makes sense.[/quote]How, sway?

Playing that scenario out, exactly as it was typed, we are stuck attempting to trade a guy that has a max contract and is hot garbage. What team in the league says to themselves 'We need a guy who is terrible but has a max contract. No bargains. We need to spend the equivalent of $40 for a stale meat patty on a molded bun'?

Max him.

Realize he's trash.

Try to flip him.

I award you zero points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

That part was just for special effect. He'll put up the same numbers he did in Toronto. Somewhere down the line the Kings will make boogie available, or a similar scenario with another team. Philly will have already traded what they have. Teams will have to choose between derozan or Boston's pile of trash, which they will have probably traded to Philly already. Then we flourish.

This is under the condition that you can't pick up anyone better than derozan anyway. Plan b.

You guys would really rather trade basically the whole core for jimmy butler? Is that what it is?

They're afraid of DeRozan under all circumstances. They've watched the last 12-15 games of his and believe that's who/what he is as a player. Previous work means nothing, apparently.

But from an asset collection standpoint, it works. You grab 26 year old all stars where/when you can, and sort it all out later. I agree.

id like the lakers to trade #2 for boogie.
dont want whiteside for a max deal but no way he sign without a max.
dont want anyone currently in canada.
i throw the house at kd. i mean start working on a presentation that wont even let him leave LA without a deal.

add McLemore ,,:nerd: DO IT MITCH KUPCHAK,,, please!!!!

[quote name="PMatic"]It makes sense.
How, sway?

Playing that scenario out, exactly as it was typed, we are stuck attempting to trade a guy that has a max contract and is hot garbage. What team in the league says to themselves 'We need a guy who is terrible but has a max contract. No bargains. We need to spend the equivalent of $40 for a stale meat patty on a molded bun'?[/quote]

Once we reach the cap, like other teams, you have to be close to matching to make deals. 20 mil, for 18 mil, no more 20 mil for 2 mil. (rough example)

Having a guy that makes 20-25 helps net a deal for another guy (say a disgruntled star that is demanding a trade) The other team can't accept 2-3 young pieces that don't make any money, AT LEAST getting DeRozan gets them something. Picture Kwame, going out the door with a first rround pick in Critt, and then 3 future first round picks. They didn't want, or need Kwame, they needed Kwame's contract.

His logic is basically a similar situation, tho varied now with the new CBA.

It makes sense.

Thank you. This man gets it.

Franc and leemelone battling for worst of the worst?

Terrible idea that would never happen...

No team would trade for somebody with over $60 million and 3+ years on his contract especially if said guy is "trash"

I don't think fans as a whole understand the cap is going WAY up. 60 million is going to be nothing as soon as next season. Teams would jump at a mirage as good as derozan for that price. Especially a joke team like Sacramento. They could build a treadmill team easy with a core of derozan/wcs/gay.

The kwame trade is exactly the type of thing I'm getting at. Spot on CP :pimp:

I don't think he'll put up the same numbers here. He'll be worse. It's a stupid idea.

He'll put up numbers. It's what he does, he's an empty numbers guy if nothing else. What's dumb is trading away the whole core for one player and killing a dream cap situation.

Last edited:
[quote name="PMatic"]It makes sense.
How, sway?

Playing that scenario out, exactly as it was typed, we are stuck attempting to trade a guy that has a max contract and is hot garbage. What team in the league says to themselves 'We need a guy who is terrible but has a max contract. No bargains. We need to spend the equivalent of $40 for a stale meat patty on a molded bun'?[/quote]
I don't like DeRozan, but the premise leemelone is presenting is understandable from a asset accumulation standpoint. Of course they would have to weigh the consequences (development of youngster, short-term moves, etc).

But if the front office wants to secure DeRozan to eventually offer him in a trade down the road, it's not the worst idea in the world.

Once we reach the cap, like other teams, you have to be close to matching to make deals. 20 mil, for 18 mil, no more 20 mil for 2 mil. (rough example)

Having a guy that makes 20-25 helps net a deal for another guy (say a disgruntled star that is demanding a trade) The other team can't accept 2-3 young pieces that don't make any money, AT LEAST getting DeRozan gets them something. Picture Kwame, going out the door with a first rround pick in Critt, and then 3 future first round picks. They didn't want, or need Kwame, they needed Kwame's contract.

That's good when it's an expiring deal. This Boogie scenario DD would have 3 years/75 mil left on his deal, makes no sense. And the detriment to the development of the young guys would be even worse.

That's good when it's an expiring deal. This Boogie scenario DD would have 3 years/75 mil left on his deal, makes no sense. And the detriment to the development of the young guys would be even worse.

You're also using just one example. Other players will become disgruntled over the next 3-4 years.

DeRozan is on a garbage team, in the damn Conference Finals. It's not like he's Smush Parker. He can play. He may not play the way you guys like, but he's not garbage, not even close. Argue all you want, he was a top 20 player in the NBA this year, and he's 26 (going on 27) Having him for 2 years, and then maybe he gets dealt, maybe he doesn't, won't cause any harm when 2-3 years from now they'll be handing out 35+ mil a year for max slots to guys like Devin Booker. :lol:

GP2 hasnt been on any of the mock drafts in round 1 thus far.

Looks like he'll be available at 32 :nerd:

Strangely, everywhere I look, GPII is down in the mid to late 40's. :\

So not sure if he's not "worth" 32, or he's just overlooked because he's almost 24 already.

I was using the scenario leemelone proposed actually. Has he been a top 20 player in these playoffs? Or last postseason? Or the one before that?

Get a big with #32 not crazy about adding another guard....

Zimmerman or Qi.... think of a bigger, better Ryan Kelly (come in shoot a few 3s, couple boards , cutbacks and off) that will get 2 yrs of D-League to develop into a modern day C's

Last edited:
so the players, coaching and the city of sacramento have nothing to do with it :nerd:

So you are saying Boogie will attract KD, but in all his time in Sacramento he attracted 0 good free agents?

And if you want to blame coaching, don't you have to blame Boogie for the constant coaching carousel?    Being coachable is kind of a part of the reason they are where they are.

i see your point. if LA wants kd, no one on the roster is convincing him to go to LA.

i agree 100% but Simmons is more NBA ready and ready to start

I disagree. Simmons has a lot of work to do. He has no jumper and rarely finishes with his left hand. Even when he drives left he usually finishes with his right. Simmons may very well become the better player, but it is going to take him a couple yeare to develop offensively.

I was using the scenario leemelone proposed actually. Has he been a top 20 player in these playoffs? Or last postseason? Or the one before that?

Yes, because judging a player on one standalone series is the way to do it. That's exactly how the NBA works.

i see your point. if LA wants kd, no one on the roster is convincing him to go to LA.

Coach killer me first boogie sure as **** isn't going to be the one who gets him here. Then when we don't sign KD we can just become the Kings. Awesome plan.

It's not going to stop teams from offering the max, it's not going to stop teams from trading for him. Especially if it's the best they can get.

I totally get what you're saying dude. I'm not a fan of double d either. But he would make a solid asset and it would be way better than trading away 3 potential franchise guys for one, which is not happening regardless.

Yes, because judging a player on one standalone series is the way to do it. That's exactly how the NBA works.

:lol: at one series.

You brought up last year. 1 series.

And the year before that, 1 series.

This year he's played 2.

I mean...... :lol: He has like 20+ career playoff games now, and you're judging him by those, over his previous 3 FULL seasons.

You don't find that stupid? When he's surrounded by bad players and bad coaching? You really don't see any issues with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom