|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way things are going, I think we need to fill up cap space now instead of back loading JC's contract and giving another low end free agent big money.

I'd have to agree with that decision. No point in paying JC $20-24 mil in years 3 and 4 if there's no reason to save money this season. Hopefully our young guys will be developed by then, and that extra $10-12 mil will help draw FAs.

2017 is the year it would have helped in theory. If they actually improved as a team. That extra 7 mil could be the difference between getting 2 max guys to team up rather than just 1. Even sillier that Russian Hibbert was the one getting the 17 mil not really improving the team.

2017 is the year it would have helped in theory. If they actually improved as a team. That extra 7 mil could be the difference between getting 2 max guys to team up rather than just 1. Even sillier that Russian Hibbert was the one getting the 17 mil not really improving the team.
It's a gamble. This team is likely more than a year away from being a FA draw. I see us being in a similar position next year -- scraping the bottom of the barrel to reach the salary floor.

Either way, we got JC for $12.5 mil a season. I think a max from another team would average out to more than $14 mil per.

Last edited:
That's not how the rule works. If he they strike out next summer then it won't matter for 2018. He's either A. Likely gone if he hasn't shown himself to be a capable starter or B. He's in the fold and you don't have to go overpay for an older vet whose max will be higher than the 22 JC will be making in 2018. It's really no risk at all. Just baffling they wouldn't even attempt to let the system okay out and take advantage. Now we can't offer 2 30% max deals next summer after tonight. Offseason is at a D right now. And an Evan Turner signing away from a F.

Times are hard in Lala land when Laker fans see Mozgov 4/64 as a good deal. Lake show just wasted up some much needed cap space that they could have saved for the next couple summers.

2 max deals for next year?? for what positions man??? we have 8 guys to develop ranging from C-PG :lol:... give it up, the FO is betting the house on the talent that we already have developing into max talent down the line. U have at least 3 potential max guys on this roster

Last edited:
Dude's in the Knicks thread aren't too happy about signing Joakim.

They'd be even unhappier if they signed mozgov instead

False, the majority of us would've been happy to get MozGod back for the right price

However, I will admit that I wasn't expecting him to get that much to sign with the Lakers. But in today's market, it's an ok signing.

Last edited:
Pls just sign Brandon Rush to a one year overpay. Do not want contracts that are going to last three or four yrs. I do not trust Mitch handing out money in free agency.

View media item 2087697

I've calmed down a bit but still I someone like pachulia or mahinmi couldve been had for cheaper and less years, and with lesser usage/a smaller role

or whiteside :frown:

my man JC :pimp: hes getting that Philippines endorsement pesos he dont need all the monies :pimp:

Last edited:
Seriously at this point there is ZERO reason why Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak should be involved with player personel decisions after this summer.

I really hope the Buss kids ultimately vote to have Jim fired and also just get rid of after this season, his contract ends in 2018 anyways.

Everyone in this thread hated the thought of Phil Jackson being brought into the front office and be involved in player personnel decisions and laughed when took over the Knicks.

Say what u will and that the Knicks still are trash. But look at the moves he made so far just because of the respect he commands with hid 11 rings. He got them DRose, Joakim, draftec Porzingis, and kept Melo. Yeah that team isn't close to contender status anytime soon.But they will make the playoffs at least for the next few years.

Look at what Jim & Mitch have done since Dr. Buss died and passed on bringing back Phil for a 3rd run with the Lakers. Make no doubt Jim Buss is the reason why Phil isn't here despite the death bed dying wish story from Dr. Buss

So we're rationalizing re-signing Melo, trading away Chandler (or more importantly taking back Calderon), overpaying for Rose and Joakim now. Come on. :lol:

NBA free agency: Lakers express interest in Kent Bazemore

The Lakers’ quest to facilitate their rebuilding project led them toward reaching back to their recent past.

The Lakers expressed interest on Thursday in acquiring Atlanta forward Kent Bazemore, according to league sources. But two years after Bazemore became a lost casualty of the Lakers’ heavier priority on star free agents, the Lakers will field stiff competition from other teams interested in his services.

Bazemore met with representatives of the Houston Rockets on Thursday night and has shown interest toward six other teams, including the Hawks, league sources said. After averaging 11.6 points on 44.1 percent shooting and 5.1 rebounds in his second season with Atlanta, Bazemore has become a rising commodity because of his offensive and defensive versatility.

The Lakers wanted to re-sign Bazemore in the 2014 offseason. He had averaged a career-high 13.1 points per game through 28 appearances with the Lakers, arriving in February after the NBA trade deadline in a deal that sent Steve Blake to the Golden State Warriors.

But the Lakers opted against giving him a $1.1 million qualifying offer to make him a restricted free agent in order to maximize purchasing power for LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. The Lakers also finalized deals with Jeremy Lin, Nick Young and Jordan Hill.
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2...ncy-lakers-express-interest-in-kent-bazemore/

Jordan-Belfort-Throws-Out-Money-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

I have Mozgov at $15.193mil first year now, comes out to $64.998mil, don't feel like getting it to the dollar.. It converts to $11,313,400 in 2015-16 dollars...

I would have much preferred the deal to start at $11.313mil in 2016-17, and go from there... Would have come out to 4 year / $48mil.. And still had a team option for year 4. That would have came out to 3 year / $35.4mil

Instead it comes out to $65mil, and if there's a 4th year team option, it comes out to 3 year / $47.6mil

Last edited:
Rather we gave the Moz deal to JC and vice versa, but in aggregate $28 M per year for both isn't bad. The problem is we will get killed in the out years on that Moz deal

Rather we gave the Moz deal to JC and vice versa, but in aggregate $28 M per year for both isn't bad. The problem is we will get killed in the out years on that Moz deal

Considering Beal just got 5 year / $128mil.. And DeRozan got 5 year / $139mil.

If you told me Clarkson got 4 year / $65mil... I'd say, somewhere in the A range in terms of signing.

So I'm just going to consider the signings were reversed, and now I'm okay with it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom