|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How movable is Timmy's contract?

Only as movable as the market dictates. And can't know of the market until you get there.

But if it has a team option year 4? And if he stays healthy for 2 years... Granted he had a knee issue but has only missed 6 games in the past 3 years

You probably find a taker. Especially when the cap goes up again and gets to $110mil, and a 25% max starts at $25mil

How movable is Timmy's contract?
You know its a bad deal when he hasn't officially signed yet and people are already talking about trading him
laugh.gif

Glimpse behind curtain from Twitter.....

Luke faced him two years in a row in Finals. Scouting, Film, gameplanning, etc.
B. Shaw coached him.
Mitch has always liked Moz.

That may be why they pursued.

Also, maybe they pull a stretch 4 at some point, matchup there instead of Randle. Solve some spacing issues.

And IF 4th year option, really 3/48, deal gets less bad.

Be patient til we have more answers.

Ryan Anderson?

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

JC is back on a 4 year $50 mil deal

:nthat:

so windhorst was right about the 4th yr being a team option. so its essentially a 3 yr / 48 mill contract. i dont agree the moz should of been the first call but looking what these other guys are getting, it could be worse dollar wise. if his knees hold up, could be a decent signing for the size of that contract. @CP1708 brought up some good points. walton prep against him and shaw coached him. they might know something everyone else doesnt.

By the way for the push the money to 2017, and sign a Center then crowd... These were/are the options.

Rudy Gobert Restricted
Steven Adams Restricted
Nelens Noel Restricted
Andrew Bogut
Greg Monroe
Mason Plumlee (Restricted)
Alex Len (Restricted)
Kelly Olynyk (Restricted)

Mason Plumlee may be the only realistic option that would make more sense.

Monroe is better than Mozgov, but he really mailed it in this past season after getting some money. For a good team too. That's concerning

Last edited:
A lot of you guys in here need to chill and think rationally. Its been broken down already. The market was set already for Centers and its high. Cap is up salaries are up. People need to realize that a lot of these base salaries are going to be a lot higher than what we are use to. Mozgov accounts for 15% of our cap this year. Last year that was an 8mil player. Im sure everyone one would've been cool with that. The fact that the last year is a team option is a huge plus.

We didn't max out these "potential" type players like Whiteside. Be happy about that. We got Clarkson back on a really team friendly deal. Be happy about that. And we still got alot of money to spend.

What I'm most upset at is the fact that he was the first guy called at 12:01 :lol:

Last edited:
This makes me feel a lil better

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 23h23 hours ago
Count Houston, Miami, Golden State and San Antonio among the teams interested in Timofey Mozgov, along with the Cavs, per league sources

I remember laughing at the cavs when they first got moz and then being impressed with how good he actually was and thinking they got a steal. Just praying he can make a full recovery

A lot of you guys in here need to chill and think rationally. Its been broken down already. The market was set already for Centers and its high. Cap is up salaries are up. People need to realize that a lot of these base salaries are going to be a lot higher than what we are use to. Mozgov accounts for 15% of our cap this year. Last year that was an 8mil player. Im sure everyone one would've been cool with that. The fact that the last year is a team option is a huge plus.

16M today is like 12M last year which is still a lot for a guy coming off of a failed knee surgery.  I will give them this, mozgov has incredible footwork when healthy and is an absolutely beast as staying vertical when protecting the rim.  IF he can stay healthy it wont be a terrible signing, I think there is just a lot of disappointment that people were talking about potentially getting whiteside to getting the Cavs backup center.

I really wish I could hear how the Moz negotiations went down

Am I crazy thinking dude would've been ecstatic to double his salary and get $10 M per?

I've always admired how the spurs evaluate talent. If they were after mozgov, then I'm good with him. Especially when you take the current salary scales into consideration and his 4th yr being an option.

I've always admired how the spurs evaluate talent. If they were after mozgov, then I'm good with him. Especially when you take the current salary scales into consideration and his 4th yr being an option.

Ya if you believe what the agents feed the media to gain leverage for their clients

@Mike_Bresnahan Lakers are "in the mix" for Harkless but nothing serious yet. He's a restricted FA; teams are cautious about tying up money this early.
Harkless was had for a measly second rounder last summer.

Damn. Was half asleep last night and was hoping that was a dream. Hopefully Jimbo and Mitch don't just blow all the cap flexibility we have next years and lock us into another decade of bad contracts.

Time to start researching the current top 3 prospects next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom