|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yayyyyy... Summer League Analysis.

Do you possibly think that perhaps the **** offense we had last year had anything to do with it... We were dead last in FG% & 3P% by over 2% each. Lack of spacing. Lack of ball movement... Lack of quality Pick & Roll Bigs... Nahhhhhhhh that can't be the problem.
Why are you such a Homer

Last edited:
Why are you such a Homer

Not one thing I said there was wrong.

Summer League is the most useless thing to judge how a player plays or how a player will play. Most of the guys on Summer League teams will be bagging groceries in a week.

Also when 3 of the 4 other starters on your team shoot from historically bad to really bad it's fair to give some leeway to your PG. Especially if the offense is rudimentary, outdated, and not playing to any strengths of the guy holding the ball.

As for the team as a whole. The last few years have been unavoidable, and very little in terms of the decision makers would change our outcome. Have they made mistake? Absolutely. Infuriating ones too. But the best owner or the greatest GM would only be able to put this franchise at slightly better and in turn and in hindsight in a much worse position

Last edited:

Watching Simmons in SL, he has the vision and command of the offense D'Lo was supposed to have.  We'll see how Russell develops but right now he's just a scorer who can make a few nice passes a game 
mean.gif

Yea Ben looks amazing. One thing to keep in mind, he's a lot more advanced physically than D'Angelo was at this time last year. (They're only 5 months apart)

Let's see how D'Angelo looks now that he's added some strength. I think it'll make a big difference. 

Also, I agree with Mamba wrt Mozgov. It's a bad deal any way you slice it.

Not the end of the world and it won't change the overall trajectory of the team, but it's a bad deal.

True that the Moz deal is bad due to the extra years and the money. But if you're gonna say that then you have to say ALL deals this off season have been bad. Literally everyone has been overpaid for too many years. So don't just point the finger at our FO like we the only ones overpaying people. This is the new NBA landscape. But trust me I would have rather gave Biyombo the money so I get it. But some in here need to realize the landscape and how our roster is viewed to these star players.

And Moz literally tried to come back early and developed a cyst. If one more person says that man have bad knees :lol:
Trust I had the same reaction when the trade first went down but did a little research an educated myself. Go Lakers!

Simmons is what 4-19 now shooting in the summer league.  His passing is absolutely incredible, but I think people are going to figure out real quick that he basically exclusively drives left then finishes with his right hand.  Not a good combination.

Last edited:
@EricPincus The Lakers will receive the Denver Nuggets 2018 2nd and Chicago Bulls' 2019 2nd in the Calderon trade, no protections @BBallInsiders
Works for me.

True that the Moz deal is bad due to the extra years and the money. But if you're gonna say that then you have to say ALL deals this off season have been bad. Literally everyone has been overpaid for too many years. So don't just point the finger at our FO like we the only ones overpaying people. This is the new NBA landscape. But trust me I would have rather gave Biyombo the money so I get it. But some in here need to realize the landscape and how our roster is viewed to these star players.

And Moz literally tried to come back early and developed a cyst. If one more person says that man have bad knees
laugh.gif

Trust I had the same reaction when the trade first went down but did a little research an educated myself. Go Lakers!
Right. That's why I'm not too upset, I do think he'll help next year and possibly the year after.

My concern is the last two years. He's almost certainly gonna be a backup by year 3, so hopefully they plan on Zubac replacing him by then or they can use his bloated contract to trade for another max player.

Seeing all the videos of clarkson working on his game and seeing his interviews man the kid wants greatnes...glad hes a laker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom