**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say Beast Mode has been kind of a bust for the Raiders?

Yes. I didn't like the signing to be honest, but that's me. No shade toward Marshawn.
Marshawn can still bruise and score, but I just want to see him used more appropriately (whatever that means...)
I just liked what they were building with Murray.

Case is hot right now and before I thought maybe the Vikes should remain with him but looking at it now, Teddy can do exactly what Case can do but there is more upside with Teddy assuming he is fully healed with nothing taken away by the injury

Agreed. And as of right now, they've set themselves up to be in a position to make that change in the next couple of weeks or so. Throw Teddy in there for a couple of games and if he's really playing that bad, scrap the idea and go back to Case. I don't think that would happen, but it gives them time to go back.

651akathepaul 651akathepaul

People continue to write off Murray, but I still think he is a good back to have on the roster. His speed is elusive and he can burst when he commits to a hole.
His contract should have been extended in Oakland IMHO, but **** happens . I wish him the best.

He's been playing well of late. He's definitely needed since Cook got injured. I'd be worried with every hit he or McKinnon took if they were the only ones available. Plus those two have varying styles and Shurmur has done a great job mixing them both in.

651akathepaul 651akathepaul

i'm not saying overuse caused dalvin's injury by any means, cause obviously dude only played a handful of games.. but why werent mckinnon and murray incorporated more early?

IMG_5775.JPG
He was a rotational player stop it

Murray got off to a really slow start and wasn't producing a whole lot. McKinnon is virtually the same player as Cook, just a lesser version, so he'd only come in sparingly to let Cook rest. It was a perfect situation, really. McKinnon is much improved from last season though (Oline has helped in this regard too) and the Vikings may not have fully expected that, which could be why he wasn't mixed in more often earlier on. It bodes well for next season if they have all 3 of these guys available.

i dunnio.. i mean i know cook can do similar things as mckinnon.. but i see dude as a legit RB.. mckinnon i see more as a fast dude, but is more of a 3rd down receiving back

but i could easily see cook in the 15-20 touch range.. then murray and mckinnon both in the 10 touch range (murray more rushes vs mckinnon have say 5-6 rushes with 4-5 receptions)

like dude (cook) would have been perfect for us with blount and sproles (and i would see blount/sproles int he murray/mckinnon roles above)

i dunnio.. i mean i know cook can do similar things as mckinnon.. but i see dude as a legit RB.. mckinnon i see more as a fast dude, but is more of a 3rd down receiving back

but i could easily see cook in the 15-20 touch range.. then murray and mckinnon both in the 10 touch range (murray more rushes vs mckinnon have say 5-6 rushes with 4-5 receptions)

like dude (cook) would have been perfect for us with blount and sproles (and i would see blount/sproles int he murray/mckinnon roles above)

Cook is no doubt a #1. McKinnon is a luxury to spell Cook when needed, but Cook is epitomizes and every down back.

I know a segment of the Texans fans' population feel nostalgic about Yates, but he ain't that dude anymore. He's only 30 but injuries made him age in dog years. That young scrappy dude that led them to clinch their first playoff appearance and throwing bombs to Andre is gone. May as well roll the dice on Josh Johnson or Braxton Miller for the rest of the season.

Such a long day man :smh: I rarely do two cups of coffee but I feel the need to today. I've been busy but time's been dragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom