Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

so is shaw gonna try and run the triangle offense here? i dont think thats gonna work here. lets just hope he doesnt bring kurt rambis results
sick.gif

[h3]Warriors Receive Permission To Interview Shaw[/h3]
May 13, 2011 10:28 AM EDT

Riley_Larry_GSW_100829.jpg

Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, who has become a hot candidate for a few head-coaching vacancies in the NBA, including his current team, has gotten the OK from management to interview for the Golden State Warriors head coach opening.

"Yes, we have been given permission," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said in a text message Thursday. He said the Lakers also gave assistant coach Chuck Person permission to talk to the Warriors.

Shaw, a candidate to replace Phil Jackson with the Lakers, also had been given permission to interview for the opening with the Houston Rockets.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ve_Permission_To_Interview_Shaw#ixzz1MFsiNhlx

[h3]Warriors Receive Permission To Interview Shaw[/h3]
May 13, 2011 10:28 AM EDT

Riley_Larry_GSW_100829.jpg

Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, who has become a hot candidate for a few head-coaching vacancies in the NBA, including his current team, has gotten the OK from management to interview for the Golden State Warriors head coach opening.

"Yes, we have been given permission," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said in a text message Thursday. He said the Lakers also gave assistant coach Chuck Person permission to talk to the Warriors.

Shaw, a candidate to replace Phil Jackson with the Lakers, also had been given permission to interview for the opening with the Houston Rockets.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ve_Permission_To_Interview_Shaw#ixzz1MFsiNhlx

Maybe I'm just bat**** crazy, but I love Kanter's game, and would just hope and pray that yall can get him, trade away Udoh/Biedrins for a legit wing (Andre Iguodala?).

It'll probably take more than those two, along with taking someone else back..

Curry
Ellis
Iguodala
Lee
Kanter

I know I'm just throwing around random ideas.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm just bat**** crazy, but I love Kanter's game, and would just hope and pray that yall can get him, trade away Udoh/Biedrins for a legit wing (Andre Iguodala?).

It'll probably take more than those two, along with taking someone else back..

Curry
Ellis
Iguodala
Lee
Kanter

I know I'm just throwing around random ideas.
laugh.gif

latest news is Mike Brown focusing in on Dubbs coaching job..... I did not like Brown when he coached the Cavs....

latest news is Mike Brown focusing in on Dubbs coaching job..... I did not like Brown when he coached the Cavs....

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

sick.gif
sick.gif
Not a fan of MB either.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

sick.gif
sick.gif
Not a fan of MB either.

Can't say it was unexpected, but still
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors

comment.png
Comment(3)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

469367.jpg

Jerry Sloan and Jeff Van Gundy will not be stalking the sidelines in Oakland.

MORE FROM MATT STEINMETZ[table][tr][td]Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Warriors poised to move soon on coach?[/td][/tr][tr][td] Warriors get permission to talk with Lakers' Shaw[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Detroit's Monroe wins Round 1 over Udoh[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Brown would signal major shift for W's[/td][/tr][/table]
May 13, 2011

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com

The Warriors have reached out to former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and former Knicks and Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy about their coaching opening, but both declined interviews with the team.

In Van Gundy's case, a source close to him said he was "intrigued" by the Warriors' position but didn't want get back into coaching at this time because of family reasons. According to a separate source, Sloan indicated to the Warriors that he was not likely to coach again.

On April 27, the Warriors announced they were not picking up the 2011-12 option on head coach Keith Smart.
http://Since then, the Warriors have reached out to six known potential candidates. The Warriors have either interviewed or requested permission to interview Dallas assistant coach Dwane Casey and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coaches Brian Shaw and Chuck Person.

[STEINMETZ: Warriors get permission to talk with Lakers' Shaw]

The other candidate for the job is former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown.

The Warriors are said to also have interest in Boston Celtics assistant and former New Jersey Nets head coach Lawrence Frank.

It is unknown when in the process the Warriors contacted Sloan and Van Gundy.

Sloan, 69, was in his 23rd year of coaching the Jazz when he resigned in February, the longest tenure of any coach with one team in NBA history. His 1,221 wins rank third on the all-time coaching victories list behind Don Nelson and Lenny Wilkens.

Van Gundy who grew up in Martinez, coached the Knicks for parts of seven seasons, making the playoffs six times and getting to the NBA Finals in 1999. He coached four years in Houston -- making the playoffs three seasons -- before stepping down after the 2006-07 season.

Read more: Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Can't say it was unexpected, but still
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors

comment.png
Comment(3)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

469367.jpg

Jerry Sloan and Jeff Van Gundy will not be stalking the sidelines in Oakland.

MORE FROM MATT STEINMETZ[table][tr][td]Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Warriors poised to move soon on coach?[/td][/tr][tr][td] Warriors get permission to talk with Lakers' Shaw[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Detroit's Monroe wins Round 1 over Udoh[/td][/tr][tr][td]Steinmetz: Brown would signal major shift for W's[/td][/tr][/table]
May 13, 2011

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com

The Warriors have reached out to former Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and former Knicks and Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy about their coaching opening, but both declined interviews with the team.

In Van Gundy's case, a source close to him said he was "intrigued" by the Warriors' position but didn't want get back into coaching at this time because of family reasons. According to a separate source, Sloan indicated to the Warriors that he was not likely to coach again.

On April 27, the Warriors announced they were not picking up the 2011-12 option on head coach Keith Smart.
http://Since then, the Warriors have reached out to six known potential candidates. The Warriors have either interviewed or requested permission to interview Dallas assistant coach Dwane Casey and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coaches Brian Shaw and Chuck Person.

[STEINMETZ: Warriors get permission to talk with Lakers' Shaw]

The other candidate for the job is former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown.

The Warriors are said to also have interest in Boston Celtics assistant and former New Jersey Nets head coach Lawrence Frank.

It is unknown when in the process the Warriors contacted Sloan and Van Gundy.

Sloan, 69, was in his 23rd year of coaching the Jazz when he resigned in February, the longest tenure of any coach with one team in NBA history. His 1,221 wins rank third on the all-time coaching victories list behind Don Nelson and Lenny Wilkens.

Van Gundy who grew up in Martinez, coached the Knicks for parts of seven seasons, making the playoffs six times and getting to the NBA Finals in 1999. He coached four years in Houston -- making the playoffs three seasons -- before stepping down after the 2006-07 season.

Read more: Sloan, Van Gundy decline interviews with Warriors
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

In Van Gundy's case, a source close to him said he was "intrigued" by the Warriors' position but didn't want get back into coaching at this time because of family reasons.
I believe him. It has nothing to do with how pathetic our team has been over the years.

In Van Gundy's case, a source close to him said he was "intrigued" by the Warriors' position but didn't want get back into coaching at this time because of family reasons.
I believe him. It has nothing to do with how pathetic our team has been over the years.

Originally Posted by What up

Hey, you don't know Mrs. Gasol is a !*$%*.
She's a nice lady!

But at least it's good to know the Warriors went after Sloan and JVG...Gives us hope knowing they're heading in the right direction...Sorta.

Originally Posted by What up

Hey, you don't know Mrs. Gasol is a !*$%*.
She's a nice lady!

But at least it's good to know the Warriors went after Sloan and JVG...Gives us hope knowing they're heading in the right direction...Sorta.

Back
Top Bottom