Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

oh okay.

just wondering 'cause my friend recently had work done to the unhappy triad at Ting's office and that dude had all sorts of memorabilia from past athlete patients.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

So the surgeon I'm most likely gonna choose to operate on my knee worked with many Warriors in the past; Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, Baron Davis etc etc.

gl man, im bout to get my second acl surgery on my left knee as well in the next week. is urs the acl?

So the surgeon I'm most likely gonna choose to operate on my knee worked with many Warriors in the past; Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, Baron Davis etc etc.

gl man, im bout to get my second acl surgery on my left knee as well in the next week. is urs the acl?

When I was 17, the operation was 77k, but my dad's insurance covered it (which I'm still currently under)...So I'm assuming it'll cover it again.

Originally Posted by Ayepae

Thanks. I had my ACL done 5 years ago along with my shattered meniscus which was pieced back together. ACL is over tightened and this time it's for my meniscus because it's thinning out, so I need to have it replaced.

If you're in SF, DO NOT get Eugene Wolf...Complete d-bag who doesn't care about you unless you're a professional athlete.

When I was 17, the operation was 77k, but my dad's insurance covered it (which I'm still currently under)...So I'm assuming it'll cover it again.

Thanks. I had my ACL done 5 years ago along with my shattered meniscus which was pieced back together. ACL is over tightened and this time it's for my meniscus because it's thinning out, so I need to have it replaced.

If you're in SF, DO NOT get Eugene Wolf...Complete d-bag who doesn't care about you unless you're a professional athlete.

Icic yeah i already have a surgeon, hes really good, i believe he is one of the surgeons on the UC Berkeley sports team staff. Jefferey Mann, hes done my last 3 surgerys, 2 on my right foot where i pretty much had to get it reconstrcted and the acl surgery on my left.

Icic yeah i already have a surgeon, hes really good, i believe he is one of the surgeons on the UC Berkeley sports team staff. Jefferey Mann, hes done my last 3 surgerys, 2 on my right foot where i pretty much had to get it reconstrcted and the acl surgery on my left.

What's the hottest place to be right now in the NBA draft? It appears to be the mid-lottery. 

The Pistons, Bobcats, Bucks and Warriors are getting flooded with calls from teams looking to move into that range. 

Among the teams that have made calls? The Rockets (who are offering picks Nos. 14 and 23), the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush), the Knicks (No. 17 and Toney Douglas) and the Spurs (George Hill). 

Sources say the Rockets and Spurs are interested in Jonas Valanciunas if he ends up sliding. The Spurs also are eying Washington State's Klay Thompson, according to sources. The Knicks are looking at both Thompson and Jimmer Fredette with that pick. For the Pacers, it's Fredette. 

The bigger question is, will any of them make a deal? 

What's the hottest place to be right now in the NBA draft? It appears to be the mid-lottery. 

The Pistons, Bobcats, Bucks and Warriors are getting flooded with calls from teams looking to move into that range. 

Among the teams that have made calls? The Rockets (who are offering picks Nos. 14 and 23), the Pacers (No. 15 and Brandon Rush), the Knicks (No. 17 and Toney Douglas) and the Spurs (George Hill). 

Sources say the Rockets and Spurs are interested in Jonas Valanciunas if he ends up sliding. The Spurs also are eying Washington State's Klay Thompson, according to sources. The Knicks are looking at both Thompson and Jimmer Fredette with that pick. For the Pacers, it's Fredette. 

The bigger question is, will any of them make a deal? 

I say we pick klay thompson #11 and trade up for biyombo aswell since it looks like his draft stock is dropping. Id be very satistfied with that.. or just staright up trade up and get kanter. cant wait to see what happens.
pimp.gif
I know he doesn't know everything, but Spears has Biyombo being a bust.  He doesn't think that a guy 6'7 is going to make it.

I say we pick klay thompson #11 and trade up for biyombo aswell since it looks like his draft stock is dropping. Id be very satistfied with that.. or just staright up trade up and get kanter. cant wait to see what happens.
pimp.gif
I know he doesn't know everything, but Spears has Biyombo being a bust.  He doesn't think that a guy 6'7 is going to make it.

I really like Toney Douglas.
Solid PG who can fill up the points/assist column when given a decent amount of minutes.

Hell, he can shoot 3's...And probably doesn't play defense.

I really like Toney Douglas.
Solid PG who can fill up the points/assist column when given a decent amount of minutes.

Hell, he can shoot 3's...And probably doesn't play defense.

Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
Comment(0)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

490888.jpg

in 2003, Arenas was named the NBA's Most Improved Player, prompting the Wizards to offer a six-year, $65 million dollar deal that the Warriors couldn't match.

490890.jpg

In his rookie season, Spreewell averaged 15.4 points and 3.8 assists, and was an All-Star in 1994, 1995, and 1997.

490935.jpg

Mullin made five All-Star games in 12 seasons with the Warriors, averaging a career-high 26.5 points in 1989.

MORE WARRIORS NEWS[table][tr][td]Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks[/td][/tr][tr][td] Ratto: Questions in aftermath of Rowell departure[/td][/tr][tr][td] Warriors president Rowell stepping down[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cheaney leaves W's, heads back to Indiana[/td][/tr][tr][td]Warriors extend qualifying offer to Williams[/td][/tr][/table]

490900.jpg

Fuller played just two seasons for the Warriors, averaging 4 points and just over 3 rebounds per game.

490905.jpg

Despite averaging 4.4 points and 5 rebounds per game from 1998-2004, the Warriors signed Foyle to a 6-year, $42 million dollar contract in July 2004.
JUNE 22, 2011

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com

The NBA draft lottery was introduced in 1985. Since then, the Warriors have been involved in plenty of draft lotteries, and wound up with all kinds of varying picks. Here's a look at five of the best picks the Warriors have made since then ... and five of the worst.
BEST

Gilbert Arenas (second round, No. 31 pick overall, 2001): Arenas was part of one of the greatest Warriors' greatest drafts. General manager Garry St. Jean selected Jason Richardson at No. 5, Troy Murphy at No. 14, and then Arenas. Richardson and Murphy turned out to be solid pros, but Arenas was the elite player. Maybe not for the Warriors, but still.
http://
Monta Ellis (second round, No. 40 pick overall, 2005): When Chris Mullin selected Ellis with the No. 40 pick, virtually nobody had heard of him. He was a little known high school player out of Mississippi. The Warriors benefitted from there being doubts about Ellis' knee, which he had had surgery on in high school. Suffice it to say, the Warriors got incredible value on that pick.

Latrell Sprewell (first round, No. 24 pick overall, 1992): Not too many Warriors' fans were familiar with the name Latrell Sprewell when Don Nelson drafted him out of Alabama back in 1992. He was considered athletic and raw, but Sprewell ended up being a four-time all-star and first-team All-NBA selection in 1993-94.

Chris Mullin (first round, No. 7 pick overall, 1985): The Warriors finished the 1984-85 season at 22-60, tied with Indiana for the worst record in the NBA. They had visions of center Patrick Ewing, but ended up with the No. 7 pick and great disappointment -- until Mullin showed up and proved he was a pretty good player in his own right.

Tim Hardaway (first round, No. 14 pick overall, 1989): Many thought Hardaway was too smallish of a point guard to be selected at No. 14, but few knew how competitive and quick Hardaway was. Hardaway had a run where he was one of the most explosive point guards in the league. He was a member of five All-NBA teams (one first team, three second teams and one third team).

[RELATED: NBA Draft Headquarters]

WORST

Chris Washburn (first round, No. 3 pick overall, 1986): He was supposed to be a franchise-changing center, but injury and drugs derailed Washburn's career. He played only 43 games for the Warriors over two seasons, averaging 3.8 points per game.

Todd Fuller (first round, No. 11 pick overall, 1996): Had fate been kind to Fuller, he would have simply gone down as a big man who didn't make it. But the real problem was a player by the name of Kobe Bryant was selected two spots after Fuller, which -- unfortunately for Fuller -- always linked the two in the Bay Area.

Adonal Foyle (first round, No. 8 pick overall, 1997): The Adonal Foyle pick was a result of franchise disorganization, period. Owner Chris Cohan fired general manager Dave Twardzik three weeks before the draft, and allowed newly hired coach P.J. Carlesimo to run the draft. Carlesimo, a coach at heart, selected Foyle at No. 8. Tracy McGrady went No. 9.

Ike Diogu (first round, No. 9 pick overall, 2005): The Warriors needed a back-to-the-basket player, and Chris Mullin pulled the trigger on Diogu. Even at the NBA level, Diogu could score in the low post, but he struggled in other aspects of the game. In the end, he turned out to be an undersized four who had a limited upside. The fact of the matter, though, is the Diogu blow was softened by the Ellis pick in the second round.

Patrick O'Bryant (first round, No. 9 pick overall, 2006): O'Bryant had opened some eyes late in the 2005-06 season for Bradley, showing a very soft touch around the basket and a skill level that exceeded most other bigs. But, you can't measure heart, as they say, and O'Bryant simply didn't have the inner fire to compete at the NBA level. He's still trying but not getting anywhere.

Read more: Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

always the same problem. W's draft a big man but they never contribute early. Udoh has been the first guy to play quality minutes since Joe Smith i believe, 1995. smh

Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
Comment(0)
email.png
Email
print.png
Print[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/facebook.png[/img] Facebook RSS

490888.jpg

in 2003, Arenas was named the NBA's Most Improved Player, prompting the Wizards to offer a six-year, $65 million dollar deal that the Warriors couldn't match.

490890.jpg

In his rookie season, Spreewell averaged 15.4 points and 3.8 assists, and was an All-Star in 1994, 1995, and 1997.

490935.jpg

Mullin made five All-Star games in 12 seasons with the Warriors, averaging a career-high 26.5 points in 1989.

MORE WARRIORS NEWS[table][tr][td]Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks[/td][/tr][tr][td] Ratto: Questions in aftermath of Rowell departure[/td][/tr][tr][td] Warriors president Rowell stepping down[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cheaney leaves W's, heads back to Indiana[/td][/tr][tr][td]Warriors extend qualifying offer to Williams[/td][/tr][/table]

490900.jpg

Fuller played just two seasons for the Warriors, averaging 4 points and just over 3 rebounds per game.

490905.jpg

Despite averaging 4.4 points and 5 rebounds per game from 1998-2004, the Warriors signed Foyle to a 6-year, $42 million dollar contract in July 2004.
JUNE 22, 2011

STEINMETZ ARCHIVE

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com

The NBA draft lottery was introduced in 1985. Since then, the Warriors have been involved in plenty of draft lotteries, and wound up with all kinds of varying picks. Here's a look at five of the best picks the Warriors have made since then ... and five of the worst.
BEST

Gilbert Arenas (second round, No. 31 pick overall, 2001): Arenas was part of one of the greatest Warriors' greatest drafts. General manager Garry St. Jean selected Jason Richardson at No. 5, Troy Murphy at No. 14, and then Arenas. Richardson and Murphy turned out to be solid pros, but Arenas was the elite player. Maybe not for the Warriors, but still.
http://
Monta Ellis (second round, No. 40 pick overall, 2005): When Chris Mullin selected Ellis with the No. 40 pick, virtually nobody had heard of him. He was a little known high school player out of Mississippi. The Warriors benefitted from there being doubts about Ellis' knee, which he had had surgery on in high school. Suffice it to say, the Warriors got incredible value on that pick.

Latrell Sprewell (first round, No. 24 pick overall, 1992): Not too many Warriors' fans were familiar with the name Latrell Sprewell when Don Nelson drafted him out of Alabama back in 1992. He was considered athletic and raw, but Sprewell ended up being a four-time all-star and first-team All-NBA selection in 1993-94.

Chris Mullin (first round, No. 7 pick overall, 1985): The Warriors finished the 1984-85 season at 22-60, tied with Indiana for the worst record in the NBA. They had visions of center Patrick Ewing, but ended up with the No. 7 pick and great disappointment -- until Mullin showed up and proved he was a pretty good player in his own right.

Tim Hardaway (first round, No. 14 pick overall, 1989): Many thought Hardaway was too smallish of a point guard to be selected at No. 14, but few knew how competitive and quick Hardaway was. Hardaway had a run where he was one of the most explosive point guards in the league. He was a member of five All-NBA teams (one first team, three second teams and one third team).

[RELATED: NBA Draft Headquarters]

WORST

Chris Washburn (first round, No. 3 pick overall, 1986): He was supposed to be a franchise-changing center, but injury and drugs derailed Washburn's career. He played only 43 games for the Warriors over two seasons, averaging 3.8 points per game.

Todd Fuller (first round, No. 11 pick overall, 1996): Had fate been kind to Fuller, he would have simply gone down as a big man who didn't make it. But the real problem was a player by the name of Kobe Bryant was selected two spots after Fuller, which -- unfortunately for Fuller -- always linked the two in the Bay Area.

Adonal Foyle (first round, No. 8 pick overall, 1997): The Adonal Foyle pick was a result of franchise disorganization, period. Owner Chris Cohan fired general manager Dave Twardzik three weeks before the draft, and allowed newly hired coach P.J. Carlesimo to run the draft. Carlesimo, a coach at heart, selected Foyle at No. 8. Tracy McGrady went No. 9.

Ike Diogu (first round, No. 9 pick overall, 2005): The Warriors needed a back-to-the-basket player, and Chris Mullin pulled the trigger on Diogu. Even at the NBA level, Diogu could score in the low post, but he struggled in other aspects of the game. In the end, he turned out to be an undersized four who had a limited upside. The fact of the matter, though, is the Diogu blow was softened by the Ellis pick in the second round.

Patrick O'Bryant (first round, No. 9 pick overall, 2006): O'Bryant had opened some eyes late in the 2005-06 season for Bradley, showing a very soft touch around the basket and a skill level that exceeded most other bigs. But, you can't measure heart, as they say, and O'Bryant simply didn't have the inner fire to compete at the NBA level. He's still trying but not getting anywhere.

Read more: Steinmetz: The best, and worst Warriors' draft picks
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

always the same problem. W's draft a big man but they never contribute early. Udoh has been the first guy to play quality minutes since Joe Smith i believe, 1995. smh

The Rockets deal seems good. If someone good is still available at #14 (Singleton, Burks, etc.) I'd do it. Or draft Biyombo and/or Morris there, and take Selby with the 23.
pimp.gif

The Rockets deal seems good. If someone good is still available at #14 (Singleton, Burks, etc.) I'd do it. Or draft Biyombo and/or Morris there, and take Selby with the 23.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

pimp.gif
true but he has an unusually massive wing span which really makes up for his height i heard its like a 7'2 wingspan thats pretty monster.

pimp.gif
true but he has an unusually massive wing span which really makes up for his height i heard its like a 7'2 wingspan thats pretty monster.

pimp.gif
His predraft measurements were 6'9.5" with shoes and a 7'6" wingspan.

pimp.gif
His predraft measurements were 6'9.5" with shoes and a 7'6" wingspan.

Back
Top Bottom