LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Only people upset at the name change are the Anti SF fans

No. It has nothing to do with anything anti-SF, the only people who don't understand that are self-consumed SF residents or people from nowhere Bay Area cities who cling to the city as their source of identity. :lol:

It's pretty easy to understand why east bay residents who are life long fans, many of whom have seen the number of fans from other parts of the Bay increase significantly since 2008, would feel some type of way about the team taking on a new identity.

I haven't met any east bay or Oakland fans who are actually upset. Most would like to see the team remain Golden State. Most are incredibly excited about a new arena and the prospects of the franchise transcending to the next level, most are dreading transit to and from games.

I live in the East Bay and I know a ton of people who are mad that they are leaving Oakland for SF aswell as them changing the name. "I don't root for any team in SF"

There are idiots everywhere. Were both speaking anecdotally, I'm sure neither one of us is in touch with a enough fans to meaningfully speak for the fan base.

Anyone else have a gut feeling Melo and lebron will join the lakers and team up with kobe ?

Warrior fans nightmare

They're going to the Lakers and will team with Kobe, Nash and Sacre (who already make $34 million combined). Lebron and Carmelo would definitely take pay cuts to play there :lol:.
Kobe screwed that team. They could've been big free agent players this year, or more importantly next offseason, but he decided to get paid for doing nothing.

They're going to the Lakers and will team with Kobe, Nash and Sacre (who already make $34 million combined). Lebron and Carmelo would definitely take pay cuts to play there :lol:.
Kobe screwed that team. They could've been big free agent players this year, or more importantly next offseason, but he decided to get paid for doing nothing.
Your playing days are winding down you have a family . Would you want to take a pay cut ?

Your playing days are winding down you have a family . Would you want to take a pay cut ?

Maybe its because I've never been payed like that, but my grandchildren, my kids, and I can live fine and then some for that 48.5 million :lol:

EDIT: But yeah i think we're all in agreement that as long as it keeps the Lakers in the down under, we're happy :smokin

Last edited:

You would have an arguement there, if he actually played a minute of basketball.

And exactly. In not complaining. I hope Kobe doesn't play next year either so he can eat that 50 mil and the lakers can keep being trash

san francisco warriors = good bye decent regular season ticket prices

the move is great for the team financially, terrible for working class fans who'll pay an arm and a leg to sit in the nose bleeds

Only people upset at the name change are the Anti SF fans

It's not anti-sf it's lacob a bs reason for wanting to move/rename.

The team was in Oakland and made the playoffs once in 20 yrs. and was shown fantastic support. As soon as lacob shows up he says he wants to move and rename the team. Says he's missing out on free agents bc the team is in Oakland.

I don't believe the guy at all. The east bay, the bay in general, is a nice place to live. I'd like to know what players told him they would've signed if only they were 10 miles west in sf.

Let's be real he's moving the team to line his pockets with more money. I have no problem with it personally. Just don't pretend and lie like it's for basketball reasons.

And yes I know Cohan was worse, before anyone says it.

The team was in Oakland and made the playoffs once in 20 yrs. and was shown fantastic support. As soon as lacob shows up he says he wants to move and rename the team. Says he's missing out on free agents bc the team is in Oakland.

I don't believe the guy at all. The east bay, the bay in general, is a nice place to live. I'd like to know what players told him they would've signed if only they were 10 miles west in sf.

Let's be real he's moving the team to line his pockets with more money. I have no problem with it personally. Just don't pretend and lie like it's for basketball reasons.

Pipe down ...

The warriors came from Philly and was originally in San Francisco so get outta here with that 20 years in Oakland non sense..

If you were coming to sign would you play in Oakland or in San Francisco ? Not just basketball but work wise/career SF is the clear cut winner ...

And yes San Francisco does = more $ what's wrong with making money if you are a GM ? It's his money not yours

b

Pipe down ...

The warriors came from Philly and was originally in San Francisco so get outta here with that 20 years in Oakland non sense..

If you were coming to sign would you play in Oakland or in San Francisco ? Not just basketball but work wise/career SF is the clear cut winner ...

And yes San Francisco does = more $ what's wrong with making money if you are a GM ? It's his money not yours

Did you not read what I wrote or are your reading comprehension skills not up to par?

I clearly said I don't have a problem with Lacob putting money in his pocket. I said my problem w/ the move is that he is claiming that free agents are not signing w/ the team b/c of their location. That free agents will flock to SF b/c Oakland isn't good enough for them. Its a few miles away, the eastbay isn't some 3rd world country a thousand miles away. Its a move for money he just needs to say it.

And me personally, since you asked, I'd choose the eastbay. Berkeley is my favorite city in the bay, so I'd like to live closer to it. BUT if I were a free agent and Lacob said, "Hey the team is moving across the bay to a part of the bay that isn't your favorite part. You will be a multimillionaire so you can afford rent in X city. Will you play for me?" I'd say who the hell cares about the move. I'm rich, can afford a house in X city and if I hate that city I'll get a driver and live outside of that city. So I guess its not a clear cut winner, non-business wise, champ. I know this is shocking, but there are people who live outside of SF by choice.

He's disillusion if he thinks the players care about the move that much or is flat out lying to the fans b/c most will be upset that he's moving for money. Players want to be in a big MARKET. Oakland and SF is one big market.

The team will win just fine if they stay or go. Drafting well, properly utilizing cap space, and being in a big MARKET (not city) will determine how the Warriors do.

....Lets see if they take this extra money and go over the cap every year

Last edited:
all i know is, unless they put the new arena in a place with ample access to public transportation, having an arena anywhere near downtown sf is gonna is gonna be a nightmare.

correct me if im wrong but lacob saying FAs won't come to gsw due to the location is similar to lew wolff saying the A's need to move out of oakland. it's all BS. these guys could just be honest and say it's about money.

FAs weren't willing to come to the warriors in the past not because theyve been in oakland but because the team was at the bottom of the western conference for a majority of its tenure in the east bay. if gsw was a 30 win team in SF kevin love wouldn't give a rat's *** about the team being in sf. these rich athletes have luxury sports cars to drive, aint nothing stopping them from getting out to sf/sj if they desired. spare me all that "sf is a more desirable" location bull ****

Pipe down ...

im willing to bet that the last time they were called the sf warriors, a vast majority of the current fan base weren't even a thought yet. that was 40 years ago.

with the move to sf, let's welcome in a new era of warriors' games being a schmoozing event for techies who know nothing about basketball

Pipe down ...

The bolded part really is bs though. :lol:

There's actually a significant number of properties in the Oakland Hills that belong to pro athletes who used to play here but now play in other cities. When they come here to play they buy, get traded or sign somewhere else later on in their careers, and hold onto their properties or keep their families here outright because it's such a great place to live. I'm pretty sure there are a lot ex players with homes in the Hayward Hills too.

It might be hard to believe but I actually JUST had an in depth conversation about this exact topic with Adonal Foyle on Sunday.

He was adamant in saying Orinda/Moraga/Lafayette>Oakland>>>>>>>>San Francisco to live for someone like him. He was a big factor in convincing Curry to move to Orinda last winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom