LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Completely agree.

Although I dont think the Klay piece is the hold up in this potential trade (if it ever was in the first place).

With the recent signings of Chandler Parsons and Gordan Hayward.....the Warriors would be absolutely ******ed to not want to include Klay in the deal for Love.  I thought this before....but it is even more apparent now.

By not trading Thompson, we essentially would be making the commitment long term to him, and he would need a contract that was similar if not larger than the two contracts given to Parsons and Hayward.  To me, it is an absolute no brainer for our team to build around the Curry/Love combo instead of the Curry/Thompson combo.  This is not even close to me.  And the Curry/Love combo would probably only cost around $4M more a season, if that.

We need to make this trade. I just think as time passes, we are less likely to.....which upsets me.
kawikami supports your thoughts.
Essentially, the Warriors’ three-year veteran just became a $16-million-a-year value, in a flash of other people’s contract agreements.

How nice for Thompson, right? He spends the first part of summer as the player Minnesota most wants—and the Warriors to this point will not surrender–in trade talks for Kevin Love.

And this week Thompson sees two other guys re-set the price for multi-dimensional young wing players in a boom-boom market.

If Thompson and his agent were contemplating a $12 million average (still pricey!) before the Parsons and Hayward deals, that’s outdated now.

Hayward got a “mini-max” $15.75-million average salary in his new deal while Parsons got a $15-million average, with Utah and Houston deciding whether to match those deals.

Thompson’s next deal has to start at his maximum level, which is estimated to be slightly more than $15 million next year for a player of Thompson’s experience level.

Has to start there, and has to average about $16-17 million overall, unless Thompson’s career collapses, which it probably won’t.

Does Thompson’s ballooning long-term price make it more likely that the Warriors would be willing to put him into a Love deal?

You’d initially think so.
How can they fit Love’s expected massive deal in with Thompson and all the rest, even if Lee deal goes to Minnesota in the projected trade?
Wouldn’t Thompson have to go, too?
But again, I’ve heard that the Warriors believe they don’t get into title contention with Love unless they keep Thompson, too.

I’m told the Warriors have done the spreadsheet work and believe Thompson can still be squeezed in.

Now this doesn’t mean that Thompson is untouchable… and if the details can be worked out, I believe the Warriors would consider putting Thompson into a Love offer… if that’s what it would take, ultimately. They wont like it, but they’d think about it.

Still, the Warriors front office is generally planning for many years with Thompson, that’s the word for now, and it includes Thompson at $16 million a year.

I think the Warriors can fit Thompson’s long-term money into this… only if they can move either Lee’s or Iguodala’s contract before then.

And if Love comes on board, it’d take the off-loading of both Lee (in the trade) and Iguodala (at some point) to fit Thompson’s new market rate, I believe.

That’s a lot of pieces all put in motion without Klay Thompson doing much of anything, except watch his stock price go through the roof.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/07/09/klay-thompsons-excellent-summer-continues/

what happens if parsons and hayward fall off and klay doesn't show much improvement this season? would the FO have some leverage in future contract talks?

David Lee and Klay Thompson for Kevin Love and Zach LaVine. Can't happen until August, but there's no way the Warriors could(should) extend Klay at that price. Teams are on something paying good players superstar money.

Man for all we know we offered klay and the wolves said no. They really may have no intention on trading Love at this moment.

Should've traded for Klay 
mean.gif

Cleveland prolly gonna swoop on Love now. FAAAK

There is still SOME hope:

Cavs have opened trade talks for Kevin Love by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett & 1st-round pick to T-Wolves. » http://t.co/IkA4qiJQ3K
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 11, 2014

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:!

“@timkawakami: Second NBA source: The Warriors have no plans to offer Klay Thompson to Minnesota, even if CLE comes in aggressively for Kevin Love.”

Dubs 1:20 odds for the title in Vegas, finally catching wreck, Cavs 1:4 chance is straight bull tho

Last edited:
Hopefully KLove don't get dealt this offseason, so he can sign next summer

Last edited:
There is still SOME hope:

Cavs have opened trade talks for Kevin Love by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett & 1st-round pick to T-Wolves. » http://t.co/IkA4qiJQ3K
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 11, 2014

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
!
ESPN says CLE has opened trade talks with MIN by offering Waiters, ABennett and a pick for Kevin Love. Assume Wiggins will be in mix too.

that's a deal for MIN 

if and only if it's waiter, bennett, wiggins, pick.

Back
Top Bottom