Long Island ice tea, is it a males drink?

You will be hard pressed to find a recipe with more alcohol that is so drinkable. There's like twice as much alcohol as hypnotiq or those Bicardi mixdrinks and it tastes just as good. The only way I could see someone call this female is because of the blue color it may have or because relatively it tastesgood. The Flanagan's down the street has these in the tall water cups for $3.50 at Happy Hour. Sometimes when I pick up food for my family or maybeI'll sneak in have one, a couple times two, and ride and I get tipsy as hell.

I usually mess with Cranberry & Grey.....i chill sippin' on that. I've seen some males and females get sloshed from Long Island Iced Tea'sthough. It's not a pretty sight.

Toyko >>> Long Island

its anybodys drink though.....nobody gonna call you a pansy when you got 4-5 diff spirits in your glass.

I used to down those. That was my favorite drink in my drinking days.

Definitely a man law sanctioned drink.

Long Island Ice Teas are
pimp.gif

Remember trying this once in Rome but I'm 99% sure they only put vodka, rum and coke in it and it was 80% full of vodka and whiskey. *!*! was damn nearimpossible to drink
laugh.gif

I say drink what you want, just be able to handle your alcohol. Nothing worse than someone stumbling all over the place or falling asleep at the bar.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

TGIFridays makes a good Long Island Ice Tea....

laugh.gif
i came in here to say this...I always get the "ultimate" LI when i eat at fridays...but i have never ordered it anywhere else (club/bar etc)

Ultimate long Island + Jack daniels steak and shrimp
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This.

I get an Ultimate Long Island, Jack Daniels Sampler and whatever my meal is. Cant go wrong there.

I used to get busy with them......but the repercussions werent worth it

I think its a "young persons" drink cause as you get older, you probably get tired of being totally trashed

It's a "girl's drink" that's perfectly acceptable for guys to have from time to time. .. like flavored vodkas. LIIT is good for getting ayoung chick drunk in a hurry.

Ima go against the grain on this one and say its a feminine drink.

Man drink = Liquor and 1 (possibly 2) mixers

Woman drink = many different liquors + extra sweet to hide the flavor of the booze + the fact that it has sour mix in it

(save me the "whiskey sour" argument, thats a ******ed drink. If you dont like the taste of whiskey, dont order it)

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I think its a "young persons" drink cause as you get older, you probably get tired of being totally trashed
I think its more of a "young persons" drink because the drink itself lacks balance. Its really all liquor and an arbitrary amount ofsugar (basically wherever the bartender stopped pouring liquor = all the sugar). I didn't have to measure #*%* when I make them and the people who boughtthem loved them. All that liquor in there is just cut once you throw the sweet and sour mix in there. With that said, I'd order them anytime I was tryingto get ****faced without regard to the taste of it
laugh.gif

edit:
Originally Posted by oo206oo

Woman drink = many different liquors + extra sweet to hide the flavor of the booze + the fact that it has sour mix in it
Agreed, though I've had plenty of good "gentleman" type drinks that didn't fall in line with that. The Corpse Reviver is onethat definitely comes to mind, though I haven't been to a good enough bar to be able to order one on the regular.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

You wanna get smacked quickly, drink two Long Island's......

with NO ice, filled to the brim, no straw, extra 2 shots of vodka...tell me u wont be feeling some kind of sexy

(save me the "whiskey sour" argument, thats a ******ed drink. If you dont like the taste of whiskey, dont order it)

True on all accounts

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I think its more of a "young persons" drink because the drink itself lacks balance. Its really all liquor and an arbitrary amount of sugar (basically wherever the bartender stopped pouring liquor = all the sugar). I didn't have to measure #*%* when I make them and the people who bought them loved them. All that liquor in there is just cut once you throw the sweet and sour mix in there. With that said, I'd order them anytime I was trying to get
devil.gif
faced without regard to the taste of it
laugh.gif

yeah...I think thats why I used to get them

I agree with you to a certain extent....BUT, The Ultimate Long Island at Fridays taste like STRAIGHT liquor...and they put that Joint in a 20oz soft drinkglass filled to the RIM
laugh.gif
/
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom