Losing friendships with people after they have kids unappreciation

Im at this stage now in my life and I'm happy for my friends..
I'm INTP so them not being around as much doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:
It's funny. I thought I was the only one. I would think if I got married tomorrow I wouldn't even have a lot of people to invite.

All of my friends are spread out globally. Relocate for job, family, etc.
At least you are honest. Many folks wouldn't even admit that a big part of them getting married is for the pop and circumstance

Look how OP is talking.......

When you compare to selfish mothers the difference is drastic.

My father is amazing btw

Nah sweetheart I've seen my fair share of disgusting moms. I wanna asked the dads what was you thinking with her.

laugh.gif

You dont think threads like this are the reason why people minimize the role of the father when it comes to raising a child?
iQm99FJthcbRe.gif

So why do you think people minimize the role of the father when it comes to raising a child?

Perception.

Traditionally men are expected to be the breadwinners while women are expected to be the nurturers.

So right off the bat a lot of men have a knock on them because they can't always be there because of financial obligations.

Society has us pigeonholed as providers so our role as a parent is seen by many as ancillary or suplementary, but not necessarily essential.

You can see how this perception plays out in custody battles, a man could very well be making exponentially more than the woman but because of his availability (or rather the lack thereof) he is seen as an unstable presence in a child's life.

It's why we see so many women win custody battles because she's the one picking and dropping off the child to school, taking the child to his or her appointments and helping the child with their schoolwork.

She's been doing it all along so why change anything.

Times are obviously changing and now there are more stay at home dads, but they in comparison to their female counterparts are often stigmatized.

Its actually funny how stay at home moms are lauded while stay at home dads are condemned.

Its all good if a woman has a long employment gap for raising her kids but if a man does it it's a negative.

Last edited:

Only people I talk to I can count on one hand. OP, you's a child b. grow up.
Lost count of the whole "grow up" phrase, most of you don't even know what you mean just think it makes you sound mature or something like that.  Like I said if it means old and boring I'm good 
The problem is you don't seem to understand other people's point of views. You should probably self reflect when no one seems to agree with you. Nah, you think you're right and you're not going to listen to anyone.  That's why people are telling you to grow up. 

make ur kids ur friend, n ur wife ur best friend

Low key one of the best replies in this thread....

I have 4 main dudes whom I grew up with, we keep in touch through a chat and link up when we can, I don't have any kids but they do and we all know at this age we can't hold each other accountable for not having time to kick it and this doesn't affect our friendship....to me I married my best friend, I think that's the way it should be for any dude in a relationship....if you have a kid you really shouldn't be stressing over your boys and should be more than focus on that kid....you have 2 kids currently living and growing up without you bruh...I think you should worry about not seeing them as opposed to not spending time with your homies.

In a place called reality, you should visit sometime.

this. people who claim they have kids don‘t understand the amount of attention needed and required attention. then just baloneying and trynna start dialogue... if ur wife aint ur best friend or best companionship you married the wrong person.

Werd although I enjoy the company of my fellas every now and then, 95 out of 100 times I rather spend my time off with my wife....

all know what. I'm going to be real with my NT dam cause I love all of you and I'm here for you.

I would live to someday have a family of mown and at least a little boy who I can teach all I know and hope and help him to be better than me. I really do. Teach him to ride a bike, then dirt bike, etc. I don't know/think it will ever happen. But if it ever does, My son will be a great man someday!

its supposed to be that way. male species out there to protect the family. cant even compare the two. ur kid bleeds your blood.

Grown men don't have too many friends past a certain age....look at your fathers...well if hes actually in your life.

Back
Top Bottom