LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

FlatbushFiyah23 wrote:
But I don't get what you are trying to question.  It has already been explained by Jacob what the island is.  I don't get why we are looking for something more that is not there.

dude that is not the final answer to "what the island is". the whole show has been leading us up to the point where the island is a cork metaphor? that's it? i want something tangible.

we still don't know who jacob and smokey or the rules are so we don't know what the island is IMO.
so far we just got a broad idea of what it's purpose is. or jacob isn;t being entirely truthful.

as  i said a while ago. books will probably come out after this show is done. too much money to be made and too many pissed off people when they don't answer half of the questions.

i don't like that BS that they want everything to be ambiguous. you can't have major plot points be "whatever you want" over and over again.  that's just throwing +%$% at the fan and hoping your audience will fill in the blanks. i still think they will answer walt and why the mothers can't have babys.

more importantly i think that the visions that charlie had were the MIB manipulating him. i think all those visions of boone and eckoa nd charlie were MIB. that is him influencing people on teh island like richard told jacob he would
See fans with this kind of thinking disappoint me.  What more do you want?! That is clear answer of what the island is....more things will be explained over the next few weeks.  The writers have done an amazing job over five plus seasons and will do us right.  If you are not satisfied with the island stopping evil answer then I don't know what to say to you.  SMH.

I think too many LOST fans fail to realize that many things have been answered already but just because it is not said explicity and some miss the clues/answers you end up with people who are frustrated or want more when what they need has already been placed in front of them. 

Listen to this man.
My wife and I have been watching LOST religiously since the show came out and this guy is right. They have answered a ton of stuff already and last weeks episode really made it all click for us. I keep tabs on this post and after last weeks episode and talking about it with her I was about to jump on here to explain what I thought. One guy a couple pages back explained it pretty well and to tell you the truth, it's pretty difficult to explain. All I can say is just wait, after the season finale you will be thinking this was one of the greatest shows ever.

and i hate fans like you guys who put the writers balls in your mouth and pretend they can do no wrong.
tongue.gif
i go on lostpedia i check out all the island mysteries and all that. i'm not a casual lost fan i read all the analysis and blogs and what not. what's partially solved, solved, unsolved. the writers have left GIGANTIC plot holes that you are telling me are super cool because it's ambiguous.

for example: desmond turned the key and all of a sudden started getting flashes. that isn't implying anything. that isn't answering anything. that's not ambiguous. it's just a writers technique to get someone to see the future without explaining how or why.             

you guys defend them at times when they use obvious writing techniques to get out of finishing something they started. oh yeah Walt, his story is wrapped up because locke said "he's been through enough" ooookay. ingenious. yup i just don't understand it

i said the metaphor isn't an adequate explanation. once we learn the rules and who jacob and smokey are then we will learn the true nature of the island. and flatbush you said that it's a clear answer yet you also said more will be explained. so obviously it isn't crystal clear yet.they only wet our beak. for the record i'm not upset that is what the island is. i'm all good with that. doesn't bother me one bit i knew it would be something supernatural or religious

we are all fans of the show. you have to understand that i'm holding to show to an EXTREEMLY HIGH CRITERIA because it's already a top 10 show ever. i'm just waiting (not so patiently) to see how far it's gonna go down the list... top 5? top 3?

Yo nobody is riding the writers balls. I think its just simply that some people get it and some like you don't and are missing the point.  You have ridiculous expectations for everything to be explained at once.  You want more than a simple CLEAR answer to what the island is....sometimes a metaphor is the best way to give an answer to something and it works.  Just take it for what it is!! Why does it HAVE to be explicitly explained to you.....LOL like the writers have time to go into a whole lengthy explanation about the island. 

The metaphor was clear to me and many others but I think your ridiculous expectations are blinding you from seeing the answers that have already been presented.

I said there is more to be explained because there are SEVEN EPISODES LEFT! And obviously the writers are going to answer more questions.  I hope you enjoy the last few episodes of the show but it seems to me like you don't get it and no matter what you are going to be disappointed.

first off i respect your opinion so any foul language i use isn't meant to personally attack you i'm just frustrated at times with the show. my bad

why does it have to be explicitly explained? because "what is this island and why are we here" is the premise of the entire show. 6 years leading up to this. and i know it will be explained. and i LIKE the whole cork metaphor. and keeping evil in and the numbers got out and all that. i really do. but what we saw isn't enough of an answer and there will be much more to it.

what don't I understand? this is like when someone says they didn't like the sopranos ending. "they didn't get it" DUDE I get it! i understand it! I don't like It! lol

"the writers don't have time to explain" THAT'S RIDICULOUS. just 100% false. they wasted (IMO) their time with some stupid stuff like libby, kate's horse, those 2 diamond thief's and a whole damn season of this flash forward !%$%. don't tell me they didn't have time to explain anything they wanted.

that's just liek when the creators said "we are only gonna answer stuff that the passangers of the flight would care about" DUDE they are the writers! they can make the passangers care about whatever they want! it's just funny to me that people are okay with the "they didn't have time to explain things" answer.

the whole claire psychic thing. how can you like that if they don't explain it? i'd love to know how you would be okay with them being ambiguous about something that big. don't get me started on walt.

will the flash foward stuff have meaning? of course. but i can understand something and not like it.

first off i respect your opinion so any foul language i use isn't meant to personally attack you i'm just frustrated at times with the show. my bad

why does it have to be explicitly explained? because "what is this island and why are we here" is the premise of the entire show. 6 years leading up to this. and i know it will be explained. and i LIKE the whole cork metaphor. and keeping evil in and the numbers got out and all that. i really do. but what we saw isn't enough of an answer and there will be much more to it.

what don't I understand? this is like when someone says they didn't like the sopranos ending. "they didn't get it" DUDE I get it! i understand it! I don't like It! lol

"the writers don't have time to explain" THAT'S RIDICULOUS. just 100% false. they wasted (IMO) their time with some stupid stuff like libby, kate's horse, those 2 diamond thief's and a whole damn season of this flash forward !%$%. don't tell me they didn't have time to explain anything they wanted.

that's just liek when the creators said "we are only gonna answer stuff that the passangers of the flight would care about" DUDE they are the writers! they can make the passangers care about whatever they want! it's just funny to me that people are okay with the "they didn't have time to explain things" answer.

the whole claire psychic thing. how can you like that if they don't explain it? i'd love to know how you would be okay with them being ambiguous about something that big. don't get me started on walt.

will the flash foward stuff have meaning? of course. but i can understand something and not like it.

I somewhat agree with you on some key points. 
There are some things, and situations they threw at you in the beginning that you thought were awesome and important, turned out to be a non-issue.
laugh.gif

At the same time, the writers were trying to gather themselves as much possible, to make this last season worth the wait, while overlooking some things.

I still expect the last few episodes to be breathtaking.

One plothole I just thought of, if Jacob has been watching everyone, and they were all destined to come to the Island... then whats up with the plane crash being explained earlier on as Desmond failing to push the button?

What if he pushed it? Then they would have never crashed... and never came to the Island... so confusing

MAJOR spoilers are out on Darkufo.

I really, really regret reading them.

STAY AWAY.

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOOWWWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOMGOMGOMGOMGOWMOMWOWOWOWOWOWOWOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM

Tempted at looking at the spoilers, but nahhh been spoiler free this whole season. No point in ruining it for me now.

Its cool man no hard feelings taken at all.  We are all fans here discussing our feelings.

Fair point about you not liking it.  I can't tell you what to like obviously and I hear your points. I think what you are looking for will be explained though man but to be honest I have accepted that everything wont be answered and I am cool with that.

However, I wont disagree that certain things would not annoy me....the Claire psychic thing would annoy me but I have a good feeling that we will get a good understanding that there were alot of people working for someone (either Jacob, MIB or even Widmore) to bring the Losties to the island.  I have faith that all the people that affected the Losties as far as getting to the island will be exposed.

Now as far as Walt goes...I too hope they explain at least why he is so special.  This probably would annoy me more than Claire....I obviously don't expect to see dude again but at least explain why he was so special.

I understand your point about the writers having creative control but the writers on this show unlike almost any other show I have watched including my favorite show "The Wire": are really in tune with their fans.  I have faith that they will do us right and I am just going to enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

In the season 5 finale, Flocked kicks Jacob in the fire after Ben stabs him.

But at that point, it's apparent that Jacob is still alive. The rule is that MIB/BSG can't kill Jacob. So what happened there?

http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

reposting again since we're all questioning Lost now..
laugh.gif

I DEMAND ANSWERS
You realize that MIB figured out a loophole and got Ben to kill Jacob right?! Therefore not breaking the rule you stated.

Maybe I am confused by your questioning but its nothing more than that.

flatbush my favorite show is the wire as well. and THAT is how you finish off a show. we shall see...

flatbush my favorite show is the wire as well. and THAT is how you finish off a show. we shall see...

Indeed. *SPOILERS* Marlo walking back through the hood was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. I just didnt like how Michael ended up, even if he had one of the funniest lines of the series "and thats just a knee
grin.gif
"
roll.gif

But at that point, it's apparent that Jacob is still alive. The rule is that MIB/BSG can't kill Jacob. So what happened there?

http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

laugh.gif

I DEMAND ANSWERS
You realize that MIB figured out a loophole and got Ben to kill Jacob right?! Therefore not breaking the rule you stated.

But like I said, ben DIDN'T kill him.

Jacob was still alive after Ben stabbed him.  Jacob then falls down to the floor, Flocke talks to him, Jacob says something back, then Flocke kicks Jacob into the fire while Jacob is still alive.

watch the video.

I agree that was perfection....everything was wrapped up perfectly.  Although they left out two questions unanswered I was more than pleased! Glad to see another The Wire/LOST fan on here!

http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/yVgUDv0Akb4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

laugh.gif

I DEMAND ANSWERS

But like I said, ben DIDN'T kill him.

Jacob was still alive after Ben stabbed him.� Jacob then falls down to the floor, Flocke talks to him, Jacob says something back, then Flocke kicks Jacob into the fire while Jacob is still alive.

watch the video.
Yeah but are you insinuating that Flockes kick killed him?!

lol...the fire killed jacob.

but the only reason the fire killed jacob...is because Flocke kicked him into it...

So Flocke killed jacob...not ben.

BUT

jacob doesn't "die"...he just vanished.  *#! does this mean?

The fact is that Ben stabbed Jacob, thus leading to his death. I'm pretty sure if Flocke never kicked Jacob into the fire he would've bled to death. I think you just have to either stab Jacob or MIB. Or that's the only way to do it.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

MAJOR spoilers are out on Darkufo.

I really, really regret reading them.

STAY AWAY.

WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOOWOWOOWWWOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOMGOMGOMGOMGOWMOMWOWOWOWOWOWOWOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM
I googled darkufo went to the site. Went to the spoiler section looked at the episode but all it had was some casting info. Nothing else. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Link plz. I don't usually look at spoilers. . .

EDIT: Alright found it. I was looking in the episode section instead of the news section.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

The fact is that Ben stabbed Jacob, thus leading to his death. I'm pretty sure if Flocke never kicked Jacob into the fire he would've bled to death. I think you just have to either stab Jacob or MIB. Or that's the only way to do it.

Exactly my dude. 

SMH @ people reaching and looking for plot holes. 

Back
Top Bottom