LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Ben isn't dead. I'm not sold on that.

When Sayid shot and Little Ben just stood there .. I thought it was gonna be on some Last Dragon %#%% and he was gonna be like "AHHAHA, can't kill me."

but damn.
eek.gif
That's what I'm thinking, doesn't the island have healing powers anyways?
grin.gif

Not anything that relates to the plot, but I just remembered my favorite line in a long time,

"Three years, no burning buses. You all are back for one day."

Sawyer is in my top 3 favorite characters for that one.

Oh, one thing tho, what if Ben does live, and DOES remember being shot by Sayid for those 30 years. Just to throw another theory in there. He seems like thekind of guy who thinks before he acts, and calculates a plan that gets him what he wants no matter how long it takes.
I dont know why he wouldnt have Sayid killed or anything, but I'm just typing as I think.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Pretty good episode IMO. I don't like ANYONE from Dharma.

I've been looking at the pages and one comment stood out. Can't remember who said it but I definitely thought I saw the sky change colors too when Sayid was being "tortured". Gotta check it out again.

Glad I wasn't just seeing things. Also with all these theories regarding little Ben getting shot - effecting older Ben...even though the Farraday - Desomndsituation made sense, shouldn't Ben already know about the gunshot if it happened 30 years ago (real time) and it's really 2007?

I think it's going to be like Desmond seeing Faraday coming to the Swan in his dream. It's going to be like a new memory. And I can't reallyremember how many days 316 has been on the island but it could be possible that Ben is layed up on the Other island, not from Sun, but from a past gunshot?

I've been looking at the pages and one comment stood out. Can't remember who said it but I definitely thought I saw the sky change colors too when Sayid was being "tortured". Gotta check it out again.

When Sayid lunges forward at that Oldham (sp?) dude it looks as if his side is dark and Oldhams is light.

Pretty good episode, I was in the library til 3:00AM last night (
indifferent.gif
) so I just not got a chance to watch it.

Radzinsky needs to off himself. I can't stand that dude.
I couldn't believe he shot young Ben. But I definitely think that Ben isn't dead.
The Separate Reality book has to have some significance.
Kate was about to tell sawyer why she came back, but young Ben already schemin' messed it all up.
Now the question is what happens with Sayid? Does he meet up with the hostiles?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Ben isn't dead. I'm not sold on that.

When Sayid shot and Little Ben just stood there .. I thought it was gonna be on some Last Dragon %#%% and he was gonna be like "AHHAHA, can't kill me."

but damn.
eek.gif
That's what I'm thinking, doesn't the island have healing powers anyways?
grin.gif
True, Ben shot Locke in the same manner and he came back. Damn he's tried to kill Locke like twice already
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by truestt

Glad I wasn't just seeing things. Also with all these theories regarding little Ben getting shot - effecting older Ben...even though the Farraday - Desomnd situation made sense, shouldn't Ben already know about the gunshot if it happened 30 years ago (real time) and it's really 2007?

i noticed this too, i thought some crazy stuff was about to go down.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

I think it's going to be like Desmond seeing Faraday coming to the Swan in his dream. It's going to be like a new memory. And I can't really remember how many days 316 has been on the island but it could be possible that Ben is layed up on the Other island, not from Sun, but from a past gunshot?

I agree it will be something along the lines of that.
Spoiler [+]
In the next episode, "Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron"
. As for Ben being laid up in bed, I feel like Sun and Frank may have brought him back and play it off, I don't remember if they got on the boatright away after Sun knocked Ben out. Someone getting shot is hard to cover up and I feel like they would have mentioned him being shot in earlier episodes asa cliffhanger.

For Othervilles being mess, wasn't it due to the smoke monster being released also remember Widmores people set off a bomb or two.

^Nice recap.

Anyone else think Amy (Ethan's Mom) kinda resembles Locke's Mom when she was young. Assuming she's around 35 in 1977, this would put her at thesame age.

Originally Posted by vector23

ArsnalJ23 wrote:

He'll likely have the memory of being shot and a scar, but the fact that he's grown to the age he's at in 2007 proves that he doesn't die, otherwise you have a paradox. The way they've explained or displayed it to this point, you can influence the future but you can't change what's going to happen.
The point is that you can't change what has already happened. Sayid killing young Ben doesn't prevent the Purge, because the purge already happened. Sayid killing young Ben occurs after the Purge. It's relative to the primary time line. Plus, the event occurs at one point in time and effects both time periods, 1977 and 2007, at the same instant. Meaning, IMO, the second young Ben got shot in 1977, is the same instant old Ben remembers and is wounded in 2007. He should die in 2007, if there isn't any intervention.

I understand what you're saying, but logically that wouldn't work. If it already happened when he was a kid then he wouldn't turn around and diefrom that same wound as an adult, even if it is following one timeline of events (in fact, especially if that's the case). If he died as a kid he'dcease to exist at any age older than that. You're correcting history in the existing timeline you're living, but you're not changing the alternateone. Not to mention we'd have to assume that the event (the purge) is more important than the person responsible for it (Ben) if his death doesnt alter itin some way, and we don't know that yet. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired and on my iPhone.

Random thoughts...

1) Could a paddle to the head leave Ben in that bad of condition? Or could he be dealing with being shot in the 1977 in current times? If that even makessense?

2) Ben knows everything because he's been through it already? Time loop right? What if young Ben/ living dead Ben is the one advising current times Ben?Young living dead Ben = Jacob?...

A lot of holes in that theory but I'm just throwing out random thoughts.

3) None of the characters have good relationships with their fathers. What's up with that?

lilfeet47 you really got me thinking now, sad to say but I never thought about the bad relationships they ALL got with their father. There has got to besomething up with that.

damn i been thinking...sayid accepted being a "killer"...so I think he might go after all the hostiles and try to end this whole thing himself andultimately get himself killed
frown.gif

they better not kill off sayid...or im down to just desmond on the lost characters i like

Can someone make a gif of Roger flipping out on Ben? lilfeet47- Ben has had contact with Jacob, I believe that would be a paradox
Spoiler [+]
397f6de0ef3da94345245863ae599f5c.jpg
f4a3d117b66a45ce363644f3eaf1f42a.jpg
ben.jpg
We'll see the four-toed statue from the front this season. Ben will explain explicitly why he killed Locke. Miles will reveal why Ben wanted $3.2 million this season. Darlton apologise to Rebecca Illana may not have been working for Charles Widemore Whatever Happened, Happened contains Kate flashbacks Carlton chooses: The Jupe, The Fifth Toe (they both love it, have it on their list), The Twinkie, The Droids You're Looking For, The Zombie Bake Sale, Smokie's Dorm Room, The Spanish Inquisition. Damon chooses: Baby Diaper Covered in BBQ sauce, The Exploding Pretzel Jar, Jack Gets Pregnant (Damon says this happens), The Hooded Leprechaun (Damon's favorite - he says that it reflects the final scene?), The Zygarnich? something? (you'll have to wiki it).

Originally Posted by lilfeet47

3) None of the characters have good relationships with their fathers. What's up with that?
Walt
Ben (Pops whooped his %$# somethin' decent)
Jack
John
Hurley?

list the rest I don't want my brain to explode
laugh.gif

you got Jack and his dad never respecting him and his skills as a doctor, you got Claire who's father is Christian and he was never there for her, you gotKate who killed her step father, Hurleys dad left him as a kid and came back for the money, i'm sure Charlie and his dad never got along cause I think himand his brother mentioned that in a flashback scene, Sun and her dad don't get along and Sun bought into the family business just to make her dad mad, yougot Jin ashamed of his dad and tells everyone he is dead, Sawyers dad killed his mom and himself, Locke of course tried his best to get along with his dad andthat never worked, Ben of course was blamed for his mothers death and his dad treated him like crap.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by lilfeet47

Walt
Ben (Pops whooped his %$# somethin' decent)
Jack
John
Hurley?

list the rest I don't want my brain to explode
laugh.gif

Claire
Kate

ArsnalJ23 wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but logically that wouldn't work. If it already happened when he was a kid then he wouldn't turn around and die from that same wound as an adult, even if it is following one timeline of events (in fact, especially if that's the case). If he died as a kid he'd cease to exist at any age older than that. You're correcting history in the existing timeline you're living, but you're not changing the alternate one. Not to mention we'd have to assume that the event (the purge) is more important than the person responsible for it (Ben) if his death doesnt alter it in some way, and we don't know that yet. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired and on my iPhone.
The writers of LOST might be using the fictional concept of hypertime. It's not based on logic by the way.

Hypertime is a superdimensional construct which, under very limited circumstances, can allow versions of characters from one continuity to interact withversions from another.
Hypertime works like this: the main, or "official" timeline is like a river, with a nearly infinite number of distributaries-alternate timelines- branching off. Most of thetime, these alternate timelines go off on their own and never intersect with the main timeline. On occasion, the branches return, feeding back into the maintimeline - sometimes permanently, sometimes temporarily. Thus, history can sometimes change momentarily and then change back (or not). If characters from avery different Hypertimeline move into our own, this accelerates the process, causing more noticeable (but shorter) changes to the timeline.
Hypertime
Just something to think about in the LOST universe.

So I'm watching an old episode on Sci-Fi titled "Par Avion" and it has Rousseau, Locke, Sayid, and Kate holding Mikhail captive. (Someone refreshmy memory on what happened to Mikhail?!)

And Kate is asking him questions. Sayid says "Stop talking like you know us."
Mikhail responds by saying "Sayid Jarrah. Kate Austin. You guys are complete strangers to me. But you, John Locke, are different from what I remem"and then Rousseau cuts him off.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

So I'm watching an old episode on Sci-Fi titled "Par Avion" and it has Rousseau, Locke, Sayid, and Kate holding Mikhail captive. (Someone refresh my memory on what happened to Mikhail?!)

And Kate is asking him questions. Sayid says "Stop talking like you know us."
Mikhail responds by saying "Sayid Jarrah. Kate Austin. You guys are complete strangers to me. But you, John Locke, are different from what I remem" and then Rousseau cuts him off.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Hmmm. Was Mikhail in the WWII camp then? Was John in contact with Mikhail at any other time?

And we havent seen Claire since then, when she and Christian were in the cabin.

Back
Top Bottom