LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Thanks to some LOST research i just did on the real richard alpert, i learned who Larry Brilliant is, dontated $50 to the SEVA foundation, and placed a bid ona Whole Earth Catalog circa 1971. im gonna miss this show.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

did anyone else notice ellie waving her hands over dan's eyes?
nerd.gif
magiC?
I assumed she was closing his eyes.

By the way, does anyone know why people do this? Close the deads eyes? I always thought it was out of respect for the dead or something, but is there some other reason?

I always thought it was out of respect for the actors so they won't have to keep their eyes open
laugh.gif

Sorry, but I haven't read the entire thread since my last post. I just want to say...You guys should re-watch this episode and look at the scene withRichard and see what he's doing in the very beginning, right before Locke shows up.

Who wants to be the first person to take a stab at what we can see. Or what we're supposed to see???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^He's building a model of The Black Rock, the very ship he arrived on the first time he came to the island AND the model ship secretly has his originalcrew on it shrinked down to a "Honey, I shrunk the kids!" size so that he can torture them for eternity because Richard Alpert is a Highlander?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

^He's building a model of The Black Rock, the very ship he arrived on the first time he came to the island
I noticed that and thought this guy really has too much time on his hands
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by StreetSmarts

did anyone else notice ellie waving her hands over dan's eyes?
nerd.gif
magiC?
I assumed she was closing his eyes.

By the way, does anyone know why people do this? Close the deads eyes? I always thought it was out of respect for the dead or something, but is there some other reason?

I always thought it was out of respect for the actors so they won't have to keep their eyes open
laugh.gif

i was about to post the same exact thing..its hard keeping your eyes open focused on one thing with people and cameras looking over you
roll.gif

This episode just made me believe my theory more and more, what happened..has happened. I feel like we're watching a loop, the same events have happenedbefore but its the first time us as viewers has seen it. Or is it so early that I'm talking out of my behind.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

I cannot wait for next week, but then again....it's kind of sad. After that, we have to wait another 9 months for the FINAL season.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Matthew Abaddon

Anybody else think LOCKE=JACOB? That's my guess...... It would be kinda funny if he ended up killing himself thus trapping him in a state of limbo stuck in an old crappy cabin for eternity and asking his old self to "Help Me"..... He's been screwed by everyone else in life, why not have his biggest let down come from himself.
Interesting.....

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Anyone catch how Stuart mentioned Kate being Swayers gf.
laugh.gif
Yeah I noticed that.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

What pisses me off more is Jack's stuborness as usual..........

Oh I'm not all that hyped with the Locke knowing he had to have Richard help his past self
Exactly. Dude was starting to gain some cool points with me. Looks like it won't last long.

I thought that was kinda cool, Locke set the whole thing up. Richard had no clue what was going on...... or did he?

Originally Posted by vector23

Why did she go back to the island?

She said it was to bring Clair back..... but knowing Kate who knows.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

The incident will teleport Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Juliet, Sawyer and everybody else in 77 back to the present day...right smack dab in the middle of John trying to kill jacob, battle lines will be drawn and the final battle will begin.

Who the F&*% is John Locke?! Did this guy transform into Sho'nuff and make Ben Leroy? Is he crazy? Is the island telling him to Kill Jacob? Or, are his new "powers" a fake and he wants to kill Jacob so he can rise to the level of a God on the island..?

It's gonna be a long week

That'd be CRAZY. Jack would finally follow Locke

laugh.gif
Locke is THAT DUDE right now.

Yes it will be, 6 days 11 hours 50 minutes.
laugh.gif

^He's building a model of The Black Rock, the very ship he arrived on the first time he came to the island AND the model ship secretly has his original crew on it shrinked down to a "Honey, I shrunk the kids!" size so that he can torture them for eternity because Richard Alpert is a Highlander?
Awesome lulz.

So sawyer made the map. Hurley is still hilarious. Radz needs to die. Middle aged Ellie is stacked. Those are my takeaways.

Ok....I've had a little time to collect my thoughts. Here's what I'm thinking....

1. How do you kill what's already dead?....this works on two levels this episode. One, Locke said he's going to kill Jacob. How the hell does thatwork? and number two, it seems like Ben and Richard might conspire to try and bring Locke down a peg or two. That being said, this assertive version of JohnLocke is a blast to watch.

2. Two scenes/episodes I must see next year before this show ends (
frown.gif
).Number one, I want to see the Black Rock roll up to the island and what ensues after that. Number two, I want to see the scene in the swan where that rat finkRadzinsky blows his brains out. I cannot stand him.

3. Nice racks all around!!!! Juliet was looking magnificent in her low cut top and when middle aged Ellie got out of the water...
devil.gif

4. Like I mentioned before, I hate to even write this, but our time to enjoy this is getting shorter and shorter. Just think, by this time next year, it willall be over. I really don't know what I'll do. Oh well, guess we better just enjoy the ride.

3. Nice racks all around!!!! Juliet was looking magnificent in her low cut top and when middle aged Ellie got out of the water...
devil.gif

I know right!
eek.gif

I would watch that Hurley/Miles spin-off every week. 10+ seasons of awesomeness.

I had to watch that again. It was great even the second time.

Juliet is the hottest broad on this show by far. I cant stand Kate. Luvd Ellie coming out the water, def Milf except she isnt even a mother yet LOL.

Richard and the bottleship...has to be the black rock right? To me that would indicate him being on the it, maybe like a first mate on the ship. Maybe its ahint to his origin.

John has a purpose. Swell, He wants to kill Jacob. For some reason I dont think its as bad as it sounds. Jacob asked John for his help. I think he is stillworking toward that goal.

John first flashed to the future from 2004 to 2007, where he meets Richard at the plane.

Didn't Richard also give him the compass and tell him to give it back to him when they next meet? Whichwas 1954. Now the Island told him the exact time that he flashed to, to set this circle in motion. Is that about right?

Poor Sun!!

They obviously don't use these tunnels very often, if they did they wouldn't have buried the bombthere. I think/hope they used Smoky to move it. Unless super-strength is another Other power we don't know about. LOL They probably just have a giant sledfrom their building days laying around somewhere.

I wonder how many other tunnels they have. Maybe leading to places all over the Island maybe even to theStatue.

Any science wizs on here? Would a hydrogen bomb actually affect the magnetic force? Wouldn't it contributeto the incident? I know nothing about this subject.

I liked that for the first time since meeting Elle that she doesn't seem to know all the answers or whatsto happen next.

I also have a strange feeling that She is the leader and that Widmore isn't the leader leader, he just gotCO-power cause he smashing. Especially considering Richards comments. What yall think?

17 in 1957, 20 years later

Ellie is basically 37 in 1977, pretty late in getting pregnant...

Originally Posted by truestt

17 in 1957, 20 years later

Ellie is basically 37 in 1977, pretty late in getting pregnant...

Older than that. 17 in 1954. So she is 40 in 1977.
I might be wrong about her not being a mother yet. Daniel could be born already off Island. And now that she knows he is supposed to be a Physicist, she wentto the mainland to raise him and make sure he becomes one.
No clue just reaching.

I heard her say 20 years ago I was 17 etc etc so I just assumed 1957 but 54 is right

I think that might be the reason she left the island.

so i was randomly thinking to myself...

1. since it doesn't seem locke believes that anyone has really communicated with jacob, maybe he means to kill everyone's perception of jacob?

2. maybe jacob has wanted locke to come back to kill him, and by that it could be helping jack set off the bomb?

damn you lost....damn you

Richard and the bottleship...has to be the black rock right? To me that would indicate him being on the it, maybe like a first mate on the ship. Maybe its a hint to his origin.
I like it

Maybe Richard Alpert is an anagram for Pirate something. The other letters would be RCHARDL

mmmm. LRC Hard Pirate.

Lulz.

Maybe the ship in the bottle was metaphorical.

The boat is stuck in there and isn't going anywhere. All I can do is take in the view "through the looking glass" and observe its outersurroundings.
Maybe the Black Rock is in the same situation...It's stuck somewhere, powerless to improve it's situation and it silently observes the surroundings...

Although, I'm probably reading too much into it!
laugh.gif

I haven't posted since the episode ended so I don't know if this was covered already but:

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Ok....I've had a little time to collect my thoughts. Here's what I'm thinking....

1. How do you kill what's already dead?....this works on two levels this episode. One, Locke said he's going to kill Jacob. How the hell does that work? and number two, it seems like Ben and Richard might conspire to try and bring Locke down a peg or two. That being said, this assertive version of John Locke is a blast to watch.

Because Jacob doesn't exist. He's the product of smoke and mirrors. Think, the man behind the curtain/wizard of oz, etc...

Locke is in tune with the island now and he knows that and wants to expose it. I've had this theory since Jacob was introduced to us (in season 1?)

I haven't been able to figure out who it is pulling the strings yet, but I'm very inclined to believe that Alpert and Radzinski know a bit more aboutit than they're letting on...

Ben suspects, but isn't 100% in the know.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Well this episode put a lot of things in perspective and IMO has made the finale very predictable.

Here is how I think next week goes down:
Everything that is happening in 1977 is happening how it is supposed to. Think about it...Faraday's mother and Widmore making sure he was a physicist, Faraday's mom getting jack and the gang back to the island because it was their "destiny". Whatever happens next week in 1977 will happen just as it was supposed to happen. That would also explain how Ben wound up in the present day while the rest went back to 77, cause Ben wasn't supposed to be in 77 in the first place. Anyway, next week I think it will turn out that the detonation (or non detonation) of the bomb and the release of the source of energy is the "incident" we've all heard about. Once the "incident" occurs Richard and Ellie will see Jack and Sayid plus a bunch of Dharma folks die. So they think. The incident will teleport Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Juliet, Sawyer and everybody else in 77 back to the present day...right smack dab in the middle of John trying to kill jacob, battle lines will be drawn and the final battle will begin.
that would be
pimp.gif
eek.gif
. Although I don't think that's what's going to happen.

But I honestly have NO IDEA what to expect next week. Thus, should make for an extremely ill season finale.

And Alpert has to be constructing the Black Rock. I don't remember all that much about it so I'm gonna get on Lostpedia. But, yeah, it has to be theBlack Rock. Right NYC?
nerd.gif

edit: yup, still a lot of questions about the black rock.
laugh.gif

right now .. I'm thinking this "Jacob" character is fake and more like propaganda than anything. I mean, when Hurley saw the cabin and Locke wentinside there was Christian and Claire. I don't really remember the dialogue but I'm almost positive Locke asked Christian "Are you Jacob?"and he said No.

Back
Top Bottom