Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

Yea I carry around a travel size of mouthwash with me anywhere I go. If not, I have gum, or mints. Some breath freshening device has to be on me at all times.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea I carry around a travel size of mouthwash with me anywhere I go. If not, I have gum, or mints. Some breath freshening device has to be on me at all times.

Do you have bad breath or are they to offer to ppl with the stinky mouth?

Do you have bad breath or are they to offer to ppl with the stinky mouth?

I just carry it around because I always want my breath fresh. I don't have any oral issues (NH). But as time goes on and you are out all day, your breath progressively gets worse. So I wash out every hour or so.

I just carry it around because I always want my breath fresh. I don't have any oral issues (NH). But as time goes on and you are out all day, your breath progressively gets worse. So I wash out every hour or so.

Damn these threads always go 5+ pages when someone asks if something high end or something expensive is worth it... just buy it if you like it

Half of NT is gonna say hell no why would you pay that much just for a name blah blah

Other people justify it if they have the money...

Point blank they make good wallets... if you want it buy it.

Damn these threads always go 5+ pages when someone asks if something high end or something expensive is worth it... just buy it if you like it

Half of NT is gonna say hell no why would you pay that much just for a name blah blah

Point blank they make good wallets... if you want it buy it.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

I have the money and can't justify it
ohwell.gif

That wallet is gonna be stuck in my back pocket all day

I don't need to spend 400 dollars for a card/money holder
eyes.gif

Dudes are just dumb...word to son who spent 1500 on a man purse...

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

You know, this is just one of those things that people have to agree to disagree on. There isn't one "right" answer to it all, it's solely a matter of opinion.
As with nearly EVERY article of clothing, there exists a full range of that same type of item at vastly different prices/qualities. Which one you prefer is totally up to you.
In cases like electronics or watches the higher the price typically means it's made with superior parts, which in turn makes for a better functioning or longer lasting device/watch.
That same theory applies sometimes when it comes to clothing/accessories but I'd be lying if I say that EVERY high end clothing brand is automatically better than a cheaper priced brand.

I currently have a LV damier graphite wallet that I purchased the day the graphite line released (can't recall what year) and it still looks brand new. I keep it in my back pocket as I've
done with all wallets and it has held up great. immediately prior, I owned a Gucci black guccisma (monogram embossed leather) with the signature stripe. I had it for under a year and
after regular use, it was terribly beat with holes in the corners etc.
I also own a leather Fossil wallet that has held up almost as well as the LV and a Coach wallet that held up better than the Gucci...

I say this to say that while some high end brands can have superior quality, some may have that of a cheaper brand and sometimes a cheaper brand may be in fact better than a
high end brand or just plain CHEAP. There's not ALWAYS a definite answer, so I encourage people to look into what they buy and find what best suits THEM.
I know now from my personal experience that the LV coated canvas wallet works well for me, they can withstand the stress of back pocket use in hard denim (strong stitching and the "welded" edges)
and look classy enough when dressed up. But in NO way will tell someone that a less expensive wallet can't suit them just as well, if not better.

And people that are totally flabbergasted at a man spending $550+ on a wallet, remember that price is all relative. $500+ to one man may not be valued as much as $500+ to another.

SPSFINEST212 - There are many factors in what makes someone buy a high end brand. One being the quality issue as I addressed and another being the LABEL. But not always
in a negative way though. i know a couple people from VERY wealthy households that buy high end items because that's ALL they know. it's not to "stunt", they need a wallet so they
simply go buy a wallet, which just so happens to be LV because that $500 is literally nothing to them. Then there's people that use high end items to help establish their status. Some may
say this is negative but I disagree. I see nothing wrong with people that have worked hard for their money buying NICE items if they feel that it helps them feel like they can "play" as hard
as they have worked. Also, you have to take location into consideration. I live in downtown Chicago. As shallow as many may find it, appearance is VERY important. So of course someone
from NY, LA or Chicago is going to have slightly different opinions than someone from a smaller, more rural and less fashionable area.

All in all, I believe that everyone should prioritize, decide what they personally like and what will be best for THEM. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong.
OP, if you like the wallet and you value the wallet more than the $500 then get the wallet.

Sorry for the long post but it just bothers me when I see so much time and effort arguing over something that's an OPINION.
Have a great day folks!

You know, this is just one of those things that people have to agree to disagree on. There isn't one "right" answer to it all, it's solely a matter of opinion.
As with nearly EVERY article of clothing, there exists a full range of that same type of item at vastly different prices/qualities. Which one you prefer is totally up to you.
In cases like electronics or watches the higher the price typically means it's made with superior parts, which in turn makes for a better functioning or longer lasting device/watch.
That same theory applies sometimes when it comes to clothing/accessories but I'd be lying if I say that EVERY high end clothing brand is automatically better than a cheaper priced brand.

I currently have a LV damier graphite wallet that I purchased the day the graphite line released (can't recall what year) and it still looks brand new. I keep it in my back pocket as I've
done with all wallets and it has held up great. immediately prior, I owned a Gucci black guccisma (monogram embossed leather) with the signature stripe. I had it for under a year and
after regular use, it was terribly beat with holes in the corners etc.
I also own a leather Fossil wallet that has held up almost as well as the LV and a Coach wallet that held up better than the Gucci...

I say this to say that while some high end brands can have superior quality, some may have that of a cheaper brand and sometimes a cheaper brand may be in fact better than a
high end brand or just plain CHEAP. There's not ALWAYS a definite answer, so I encourage people to look into what they buy and find what best suits THEM.
I know now from my personal experience that the LV coated canvas wallet works well for me, they can withstand the stress of back pocket use in hard denim (strong stitching and the "welded" edges)
and look classy enough when dressed up. But in NO way will tell someone that a less expensive wallet can't suit them just as well, if not better.

And people that are totally flabbergasted at a man spending $550+ on a wallet, remember that price is all relative. $500+ to one man may not be valued as much as $500+ to another.

SPSFINEST212 - There are many factors in what makes someone buy a high end brand. One being the quality issue as I addressed and another being the LABEL. But not always
in a negative way though. i know a couple people from VERY wealthy households that buy high end items because that's ALL they know. it's not to "stunt", they need a wallet so they
simply go buy a wallet, which just so happens to be LV because that $500 is literally nothing to them. Then there's people that use high end items to help establish their status. Some may
say this is negative but I disagree. I see nothing wrong with people that have worked hard for their money buying NICE items if they feel that it helps them feel like they can "play" as hard
as they have worked. Also, you have to take location into consideration. I live in downtown Chicago. As shallow as many may find it, appearance is VERY important. So of course someone
from NY, LA or Chicago is going to have slightly different opinions than someone from a smaller, more rural and less fashionable area.

All in all, I believe that everyone should prioritize, decide what they personally like and what will be best for THEM. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong.
OP, if you like the wallet and you value the wallet more than the $500 then get the wallet.

Sorry for the long post but it just bothers me when I see so much time and effort arguing over something that's an OPINION.
Have a great day folks!

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

But some people choose to do that... if you have the money why not??

Some people pay for shoes, stamps, trading cards, phones, or whatever.... dude wants to get an LV wallet I don't see anything wrong with that if you have the money

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

Some people pay for shoes, stamps, trading cards, phones, or whatever.... dude wants to get an LV wallet I don't see anything wrong with that if you have the money

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^I don't get why that is so wrong. Of course you are going to care what others think. That's a big part of it. But there is still personal choice or everybody would be wearing the same exact stuff.

You are merely pointing out human nature. But you make it seem like its a bad thing. Why? I have an idea but go ahead first, DC.

I NEVER said it was wrong. It is just how things are. My issue is when people go around screaming they don't care what people think when they obviously do (fashion wise).

You took it as me saying it was a bad thing, I didn't make it seem like a bad thing. Your choice to read it that way man.

rafsjays, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.
pimp.gif

You must think I'm stupid or something. I could see the debate that happened from a mile away.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^I don't get why that is so wrong. Of course you are going to care what others think. That's a big part of it. But there is still personal choice or everybody would be wearing the same exact stuff.

You are merely pointing out human nature. But you make it seem like its a bad thing. Why? I have an idea but go ahead first, DC.

I NEVER said it was wrong. It is just how things are. My issue is when people go around screaming they don't care what people think when they obviously do (fashion wise).

You took it as me saying it was a bad thing, I didn't make it seem like a bad thing. Your choice to read it that way man.

rafsjays, that is EXACTLY what I am saying.
pimp.gif

You must think I'm stupid or something. I could see the debate that happened from a mile away.

DCAllAmerican, not necessarily... Sometimes people go back and forth about something that can eventually be proved

DCAllAmerican, not necessarily... Sometimes people go back and forth about something that can eventually be proved

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

Most of the people who claim to "have the money" dont.

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

Most of the people who claim to "have the money" dont.

Originally Posted by Durden7

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

Most of the people who claim to "have the money" don't.
That's prob. true in most cases unless they are just a show-off.

Originally Posted by Durden7

ohwell.gif

eyes.gif

Most of the people who claim to "have the money" don't.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Durden7 wroMost of the people who claim to "have the money" don't.

I notice that a lot in the "hood" and "poorer" places.
ohwell.gif

But thanks RFX45 for the little explanation of LV wallets. I'll be purchasing one later tonight.

And I wonder why dudes "hate" so much on others that have the money and want to buy luxury goods. Does it really affect you that much?
eyes.gif

Is it because of your financial income that you're not able to purchase these things and are just jealous and salty that others can?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Durden7 wroMost of the people who claim to "have the money" don't.

I notice that a lot in the "hood" and "poorer" places.
ohwell.gif

But thanks RFX45 for the little explanation of LV wallets. I'll be purchasing one later tonight.

And I wonder why dudes "hate" so much on others that have the money and want to buy luxury goods. Does it really affect you that much?
eyes.gif

Is it because of your financial income that you're not able to purchase these things and are just jealous and salty that others can?
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom