Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

How is that negligent? Wallet is supposed to withstand that or else I would just buy a damn man purse. Saying that is someone has 2 cards on a $5 wallet and it will last longer isn't an assumption, who here will deny that that wouldn't help make the wallet last? Are you really saying that a wallet with 2 cards compared to a wallet with 7-10 cards that is put on the same abuse will last the same? I highly doubt we keep the same things and the same amount of things in our wallets. I am not saying I have so many credit cards or money, but I do have a card key for my car in there and not many has that. It is rather thick and doesn't bend as much as regular cards and I didn't have that when I used my old wallets and my current LV wallet still looks new with it.

I've always put it in my back pocket. On days when I put it on my jacket pocket, it feels weird and I always feel like I am missing something. It's a habit, just like putting my watch on my left wrist or my cel on my left front pocket and house keys on my right front pocket. I buy a wallet that will last, although expensive (and I can admit I pay for the name as well along with quality) so that I do not have to change my habit. Kind of like that iphone4 argument, how can you buy a phone and it tells you which hand to use and how to hold it? Whats the point if you can't use it the way you want to?

I am not that messy either, I am actually a neat freak. Every card has to be on the correct slot and the bills have to correspond from the lowest denomination to the biggest. I just happen to put abuse on my wallets and that has been my experience and why I choose to buy a more expensive wallet. Again, I am not going to deny I didn't pay for the name, I know I did, but I liked the look (key is I like) and if I can find a similar looking wallet, with the right amount of card slot that is of better or similar quality and cost a lot less, I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

But let's say someone is negligent and they put their wallet to such unnecessary abuse, they can either change or buy something that will stand up to the lifestyle I live, I see nothing wrong if they choose the latter. Also, if the wallets I used before fell apart from what I put it through and you consider that not much abuse, isn't that just a testament to the wallets poor quality?

I don't for the life of me understand why people stuff their wallets so much. Take your ID, Debit, Amex, Insurance, some bills... Coins? Who the hell puts coins in a wallet?
laugh.gif

My OG Burberry wallet was awesome, lasted years and looked brand new. I should've kept it but I got this new Burberry wallet as a gift and it looks much more worn. Maybe because the OG was made in Italy as opposed to the new one from China. Burberry is lame for that.

Stop overstuffing your wallets and they'll hold up. Filling them to the max with junk is disorganized, wasteful, and sloppy looking. Same with women and purses, putting their life in a purse.

I don't for the life of me understand why people stuff their wallets so much. Take your ID, Debit, Amex, Insurance, some bills... Coins? Who the hell puts coins in a wallet?
laugh.gif

My OG Burberry wallet was awesome, lasted years and looked brand new. I should've kept it but I got this new Burberry wallet as a gift and it looks much more worn. Maybe because the OG was made in Italy as opposed to the new one from China. Burberry is lame for that.

Stop overstuffing your wallets and they'll hold up. Filling them to the max with junk is disorganized, wasteful, and sloppy looking. Same with women and purses, putting their life in a purse.

I get those wallets from Filene's basement that are name brand but go for cheap. I'll take one of those Tommy Hilfigure, Nautica, or Polo wallets because when I break them I don't care.

Now sunglasses, which I know most people can't justify spending a lot of money on, I don't mind spending a lot on. People all have their accessories that they are willing to spend an extra buck for. To some it's bags, to others it's sunglasses, and to others wallets. I can't judge, you do you.

I get those wallets from Filene's basement that are name brand but go for cheap. I'll take one of those Tommy Hilfigure, Nautica, or Polo wallets because when I break them I don't care.

Now sunglasses, which I know most people can't justify spending a lot of money on, I don't mind spending a lot on. People all have their accessories that they are willing to spend an extra buck for. To some it's bags, to others it's sunglasses, and to others wallets. I can't judge, you do you.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It is simple math here man.

You dudes CLAIM they are good quality wallets, yet you are talking about and posting pictures of how easily they break.

What is the point of spending $300 on something that will break when you can spend $5 on something that will break just as easily? I don't get it. You all seem to like spending $ on things just because you have it. I will never understand that man.

And then you deny it is bought because of status.

Wow man. Just wow.
I do not buy because of status, you just try to generalize everyone and judge everyone because one person complained about quality. 
Honestly, I would not say these high end stuff is perfect but I've great experience with the customer service too.

Example, I had a Ferragamo belt I bought from Neiman Marcus, it is supposed to be adjustable but I couldn't take off the screw.

I bring to the Ferragamo store, keep in mind I didn't buy it from a Ferragamo store, and they couldn't take off teh screw either.

The sales associate gave me a brand new belt in my size, no questions asked. You can't beat that.

Again, accept the fact that people use their stuff in different ways. People put items in different degrees of abuse and this can be said about anything.

I'll agree with you that luxury does require extra money and you do pay for the name, but wy does it kill you so much? 

It just seems to bother you to the core that others aren't as reasonable as you when it comes to spending like they are taking the money off of your wallet and spending it.

It is simple math here man.

You dudes CLAIM they are good quality wallets, yet you are talking about and posting pictures of how easily they break.

What is the point of spending $300 on something that will break when you can spend $5 on something that will break just as easily? I don't get it. You all seem to like spending $ on things just because you have it. I will never understand that man.

And then you deny it is bought because of status.

Wow man. Just wow.
I do not buy because of status, you just try to generalize everyone and judge everyone because one person complained about quality. 
Honestly, I would not say these high end stuff is perfect but I've great experience with the customer service too.

Example, I had a Ferragamo belt I bought from Neiman Marcus, it is supposed to be adjustable but I couldn't take off the screw.

I bring to the Ferragamo store, keep in mind I didn't buy it from a Ferragamo store, and they couldn't take off teh screw either.

The sales associate gave me a brand new belt in my size, no questions asked. You can't beat that.

Again, accept the fact that people use their stuff in different ways. People put items in different degrees of abuse and this can be said about anything.

I'll agree with you that luxury does require extra money and you do pay for the name, but wy does it kill you so much? 

It just seems to bother you to the core that others aren't as reasonable as you when it comes to spending like they are taking the money off of your wallet and spending it.

RFX,

1. If you KNOW that keeping your wallet in your back pocket INCREASES the chances of it breaking, and you CONTINUE to do it, then you do not truly care if your wallet holds up. There is no other way to look at it. How is that not taking care of something you own? Being negligent as I said.

2. Yes, of course the amount of things you keep in your wallet matters which is why you are taught to not overstuff your wallet and carry around things that you PROBABLY might not need. Yes I know it is good to have things on hand for emergency, but I am not routinely carrying around my SS Card, Dental, Health, Eye Plan cards either. Pack accordingly.

If THAT is what you dudes are getting out of these "Rich boy" wallets, then what the hell is the point? If they are still breaking on you no matter what you do, why even buy them? To say, "Oh oh oh I have a designer wallet."

You dudes are SO into name brands it is sickning. A damn WALLET! A WALLET! It has to be more to life man. Justify buying something expensive by using the "quality" card, but it still breaks. Yea LOL. You know it doesn't make sense. You know it dude.

RFX,

1. If you KNOW that keeping your wallet in your back pocket INCREASES the chances of it breaking, and you CONTINUE to do it, then you do not truly care if your wallet holds up. There is no other way to look at it. How is that not taking care of something you own? Being negligent as I said.

2. Yes, of course the amount of things you keep in your wallet matters which is why you are taught to not overstuff your wallet and carry around things that you PROBABLY might not need. Yes I know it is good to have things on hand for emergency, but I am not routinely carrying around my SS Card, Dental, Health, Eye Plan cards either. Pack accordingly.

If THAT is what you dudes are getting out of these "Rich boy" wallets, then what the hell is the point? If they are still breaking on you no matter what you do, why even buy them? To say, "Oh oh oh I have a designer wallet."

You dudes are SO into name brands it is sickning. A damn WALLET! A WALLET! It has to be more to life man. Justify buying something expensive by using the "quality" card, but it still breaks. Yea LOL. You know it doesn't make sense. You know it dude.

So a wallet increases your swag? You dudes seriously think a WALLET increases your swag? So if you don't pull it out, does the swag boost still in effect or do you have to pull it out to get the momentary boost?
I hope you all understand how pathetic and sad you sound.

So a wallet increases your swag? You dudes seriously think a WALLET increases your swag? So if you don't pull it out, does the swag boost still in effect or do you have to pull it out to get the momentary boost?
I hope you all understand how pathetic and sad you sound.

RFX,

My question is, why are you parading around like your OPINION is fact?  How are you going to tell the man he's wrong, when his situation/viewpoints are clearly different than yours?  It's not like you're discussing the rights/wrongs of stealing...you're talking about money spent on a wallet. 
laugh.gif
  Different folks, different strokes....

RFX,

My question is, why are you parading around like your OPINION is fact?  How are you going to tell the man he's wrong, when his situation/viewpoints are clearly different than yours?  It's not like you're discussing the rights/wrongs of stealing...you're talking about money spent on a wallet. 
laugh.gif
  Different folks, different strokes....

RFX,

The lengths you go to to try and convince someone that their habits/spending is wrong are pathetic. Seriously. How is this affecting you? You're acting like people in this thread are trying to convince YOU to buy a wallet. They're simply stating why they got expensive wallets, their reasons for it, and their habits. You notice the common thread in all of that? THEIR. Not yours, their. They arent trying to convince you to change your ways, theyre just explaining their habits.

Meanwhile, youre the one trying to convince people otherwise, and just acting ridiculous over something that in no way affects you. If this was backwards - If someone in this thread with a 300 dollar wallet was going on and on about how they "couldnt understand" how you could use a 10 dollar wallet, they would come off as an ignorant, condescending prick. Why? Because theyre assuming that their mentality and mindset is so correct that it shouldn't only apply to themselves and how they spend their money, but also to  EVERYONE else they come in contact with.

You're doing the same thing. Live and let live man.

RFX,

The lengths you go to to try and convince someone that their habits/spending is wrong are pathetic. Seriously. How is this affecting you? You're acting like people in this thread are trying to convince YOU to buy a wallet. They're simply stating why they got expensive wallets, their reasons for it, and their habits. You notice the common thread in all of that? THEIR. Not yours, their. They arent trying to convince you to change your ways, theyre just explaining their habits.

Meanwhile, youre the one trying to convince people otherwise, and just acting ridiculous over something that in no way affects you. If this was backwards - If someone in this thread with a 300 dollar wallet was going on and on about how they "couldnt understand" how you could use a 10 dollar wallet, they would come off as an ignorant, condescending prick. Why? Because theyre assuming that their mentality and mindset is so correct that it shouldn't only apply to themselves and how they spend their money, but also to  EVERYONE else they come in contact with.

You're doing the same thing. Live and let live man.

RFX,

1. Like I said, I've always done that. It's  a habit, I don't know how that is so difficult to understand. That leaves me with two choices, buy something that can stand my habit or change my habit. I choose to buy something that adapts to my life, not the other way around. And so far it has worked. Is it clear that I haven't had a wallet that has fallen apart? Becuase you keep brining up that tehy keep breaking when it is obvious not all are falling apart liek you keep saying.
2. All I have in my wallet are basic stuff I need and are for emergency. I have my car insurance, health insurance and AAA card, w/ insurance, 2 credit cards, i debit, car card key, license and a few bills. Doesn't get any more basic than that. I need all of those and I choose to carry those. You or my wallet can't tell me what I want to carry, so I buy soemthing that can hold it and last. Again, to get the point across, my current LV wallet does and can handle this kind of abuse and have not fallen apart. Not a single thread has come loose in the stitching, it is not falling apart and still looks new. 

3. Did I mention that my LV wallet and other high end wallet hasn't fallen apart? Stop saying it just because one person had one bad experience, maybe I got lucky that all my high end stuff hasn't fallen apart, but that is my esxperience and I'll stick to it as long as it works for me. I am not missing car payments, I am not missing my mortgage or bills, I still manage to save up something form eevry paycheck. So I see no reason why I should settle for something that I have experienced have fallen apart when I can get something that works for whatever I am looking for?

There is more to life than a wallet but again, why have you dedicated a good amount of yours defending why it shouldn't? I read somewhere that you like to travel, that is good and that is what you want to spend your money on. No one is giving you +%* for it, why give other +%* for this? I don't know why it is so difficult to understand letting one buy what he wants with his money? It is mind boggling why you have to give rules to someone how they want to use their money? It shouldn't matter, not to you anyways, if he starves to save up for the wallet, let them be.

RFX,

1. Like I said, I've always done that. It's  a habit, I don't know how that is so difficult to understand. That leaves me with two choices, buy something that can stand my habit or change my habit. I choose to buy something that adapts to my life, not the other way around. And so far it has worked. Is it clear that I haven't had a wallet that has fallen apart? Becuase you keep brining up that tehy keep breaking when it is obvious not all are falling apart liek you keep saying.
2. All I have in my wallet are basic stuff I need and are for emergency. I have my car insurance, health insurance and AAA card, w/ insurance, 2 credit cards, i debit, car card key, license and a few bills. Doesn't get any more basic than that. I need all of those and I choose to carry those. You or my wallet can't tell me what I want to carry, so I buy soemthing that can hold it and last. Again, to get the point across, my current LV wallet does and can handle this kind of abuse and have not fallen apart. Not a single thread has come loose in the stitching, it is not falling apart and still looks new. 

3. Did I mention that my LV wallet and other high end wallet hasn't fallen apart? Stop saying it just because one person had one bad experience, maybe I got lucky that all my high end stuff hasn't fallen apart, but that is my esxperience and I'll stick to it as long as it works for me. I am not missing car payments, I am not missing my mortgage or bills, I still manage to save up something form eevry paycheck. So I see no reason why I should settle for something that I have experienced have fallen apart when I can get something that works for whatever I am looking for?

There is more to life than a wallet but again, why have you dedicated a good amount of yours defending why it shouldn't? I read somewhere that you like to travel, that is good and that is what you want to spend your money on. No one is giving you +%* for it, why give other +%* for this? I don't know why it is so difficult to understand letting one buy what he wants with his money? It is mind boggling why you have to give rules to someone how they want to use their money? It shouldn't matter, not to you anyways, if he starves to save up for the wallet, let them be.

Back
Top Bottom