Louis Vuitton Wallets! Vol. Worth the price?

I'd say they aren't worth it but a lot of $150 nike shoes probably aren't better than $90 ones....so everything is relative...buy what you like if you can afford it.

I'd say they aren't worth it but a lot of $150 nike shoes probably aren't better than $90 ones....so everything is relative...buy what you like if you can afford it.

it's LV. i think you could rub it against asphalt on a hot day in arizona and it'd still be nice.

i wouldn't spend $305 on a wallet. but if you have the funds to do it, go for it.

it's LV. i think you could rub it against asphalt on a hot day in arizona and it'd still be nice.

i wouldn't spend $305 on a wallet. but if you have the funds to do it, go for it.

Somehow an argument about sports can get heated and go back/forth, but the same type of disagreement is seen as someone going hard?

Eh oh well. 

Somehow an argument about sports can get heated and go back/forth, but the same type of disagreement is seen as someone going hard?

Eh oh well. 

Do people really not keep their wallet in their back pocket? RFX was explaining earlier that he feels like something is missing if it isn't there. I am the same way. Watch on my left wrist, keys in my left pocket, phone and space pen in my right pocket, wallet in my back right pocket, pocket knife in my back left pocket.

I wouldn't call it negligence that he keeps it in his back pocket. Simply put, a wallet should stand the test of time. There IS a happy medium between price and quality. I would never spend $300 for a LV wallet, nor would I continually drop $10 here, $20 there for wallets that are of poor quality. There is no point to having a damier pattern wallet. It's like waving a flag that says I have an expensive wallet. Call it personal preference, but it's a status symbol.

This is after 7 years of use:

This is my wallet ($100), this is what it looks like after 1.5 years of use. I'm happy with it so far.

Maybe RFX and I are the only two people that have had bad luck with cheaply made wallets, who knows.

Neither of those wallets I posted scream attention. I personally feel that $100 for a wallet that lasts a decade is more than practical. I would never buy a Gucci wallet again, because I can't justify spending $200+ anymore on a wallet. This Coach wallet ought to last me for a long time.

Do people really not keep their wallet in their back pocket? RFX was explaining earlier that he feels like something is missing if it isn't there. I am the same way. Watch on my left wrist, keys in my left pocket, phone and space pen in my right pocket, wallet in my back right pocket, pocket knife in my back left pocket.

I wouldn't call it negligence that he keeps it in his back pocket. Simply put, a wallet should stand the test of time. There IS a happy medium between price and quality. I would never spend $300 for a LV wallet, nor would I continually drop $10 here, $20 there for wallets that are of poor quality. There is no point to having a damier pattern wallet. It's like waving a flag that says I have an expensive wallet. Call it personal preference, but it's a status symbol.

This is after 7 years of use:

This is my wallet ($100), this is what it looks like after 1.5 years of use. I'm happy with it so far.

Maybe RFX and I are the only two people that have had bad luck with cheaply made wallets, who knows.

Neither of those wallets I posted scream attention. I personally feel that $100 for a wallet that lasts a decade is more than practical. I would never buy a Gucci wallet again, because I can't justify spending $200+ anymore on a wallet. This Coach wallet ought to last me for a long time.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So a wallet increases your swag? You dudes seriously think a WALLET increases your swag? So if you don't pull it out, does the swag boost still in effect or do you have to pull it out to get the momentary boost?
I hope you all understand how pathetic and sad you sound.
DC you are fighting a never ending battle, just laugh at them. These dudes are obviously OVERCOMPENSATING heavy for something they are lacking.

So a wallet increases your swag? You dudes seriously think a WALLET increases your swag? So if you don't pull it out, does the swag boost still in effect or do you have to pull it out to get the momentary boost?
DC you are fighting a never ending battle, just laugh at them. These dudes are obviously OVERCOMPENSATING heavy for something they are lacking.

I don't put ANYTHING in my back pocket personally.
Wallet = Right pocket
Keys, chap stick, mouth wash = Left pocket.

Wallet = Right pocket

Wallet = Right pocket

Mouthwash?

Thats a first. 
laugh.gif

Wallet = Right pocket

Mouthwash?

Thats a first. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Most ******ed thing I've read. Overcompensating just because you can't understand? I do not even agree that it adds swag but I still find the overcompaensating comment stupid.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Most ******ed thing I've read. Overcompensating just because you can't understand? I do not even agree that it adds swag but I still find the overcompaensating comment stupid.

I have one question. Why must you buy from LV and Gucci there are lots of other companies selling the same quality leathers for less with prices around $50 -$100?

I think it is the name brand, most of you hardcore dudes won't admit it but you feel people will think your "cool" or whatever if you have a LV or GG logo on your wallet.

But please give me your answer to this question.

Also for the record I really don't care what people do with their money but when people ask questions such as "Is so and so worth the money" get ready for the more practical people to tell you No.

I have one question. Why must you buy from LV and Gucci there are lots of other companies selling the same quality leathers for less with prices around $50 -$100?

I think it is the name brand, most of you hardcore dudes won't admit it but you feel people will think your "cool" or whatever if you have a LV or GG logo on your wallet.

Also for the record I really don't care what people do with their money but when people ask questions such as "Is so and so worth the money" get ready for the more practical people to tell you No.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I bought that Gucci wallet when I was 17, living at home, with expendable income.  Wouldn't ever do it again.  In hindsight, I really wish I hadn't been so foolish with my money (blanket statement for almost all of my dumb purchases).  It was still high quality and lasted a long time.  I still stand by my opinion that it isn't flashy by any means (tiny GG logo).  I replaced it with a wallet from a reputable leather company (Coach) in the range you stated - $100.
I've had bad luck with other "reputable" leather brands like Tumi.  Bought a belt that split within 2 months of use.  Coach belt ($68) has lasted me for 5 years, and I wear it everyday.

This just seems like a silly debate.  It's like comparing a BMW 3 series to a Toyota Corolla, a Rolex to a Timex, etc.  They all serve the same purpose.  It CAN boil down to personal taste, but I won't disagree that some people definitely do it for attention.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I bought that Gucci wallet when I was 17, living at home, with expendable income.  Wouldn't ever do it again.  In hindsight, I really wish I hadn't been so foolish with my money (blanket statement for almost all of my dumb purchases).  It was still high quality and lasted a long time.  I still stand by my opinion that it isn't flashy by any means (tiny GG logo).  I replaced it with a wallet from a reputable leather company (Coach) in the range you stated - $100.
I've had bad luck with other "reputable" leather brands like Tumi.  Bought a belt that split within 2 months of use.  Coach belt ($68) has lasted me for 5 years, and I wear it everyday.

This just seems like a silly debate.  It's like comparing a BMW 3 series to a Toyota Corolla, a Rolex to a Timex, etc.  They all serve the same purpose.  It CAN boil down to personal taste, but I won't disagree that some people definitely do it for attention.

Yea I carry around a travel size of mouthwash with me anywhere I go. If not, I have gum, or mints. Some breath freshening device has to be on me at all times.

Back
Top Bottom