Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Aw ok I didn’t know it was a fox that got her. And am I correct the mom possessed her because the dad raped was in love with his daughter?
The mom already had the daughter. Got remarried and dude basically turned out to be a pedophile. The mom then went to that old sage/witch lady to summon the 9 tailed fox and kill her pedo husband.

The cost of that was the fox possessed her daughter and it had to consume 100 souls in order to leave.

I'm assuming when the fox kills a man everybody just forgets about dude and there's nothing leading back to them cuz if not I dont know why the mom didnt just kill the pedo husband on her own and be done with it.

Tic & other dude executing the nurses just to come back to a home where cops will kill THEM for being black :smh: that ptsd ain’t never worth it
You think he lied about that? When she had her Vision about his life, with the tails in it...it showed a story line...and part of it was a vision of him naked in bed with another woman. I’m not sure if this was before he went to war or what. But it seemed like it.
Looks like the vision was going in chronological order. That part & Letti came after he tortured her friend. She probably woulda killed him right there if he lied :lol:

They wild for this episode.

Went to a damn observatory, put some numbers in a machine and opened up portal in space time. Landed on a planet and got abducted by aliens. Alien had the biggest afro :lol: Then got transported to the past in Paris with Josephine Baker :lol:

When George and Hip landed on that alien planet rocking those 50s sci-fi futuristic space suits is when I lost it :lol:

I had to stop and be like what does this have to do with the story AT ALL?!? :nerd: This was Hippolyta on her own journey. Nothing to do with nothing other than her and her growth.

Writing was very strong in all 3 time periods/settings with the introspective evolution for Hippolyta.

Last edited:
Def rewatching :lol: . Helps me not think too much to remember black women wrote this and this was probably a reflection of their own feelings from the view of Hippolyta.

What the hells going on with this show now? They lost me. Like what are we doing? Aliens and time travel and indigenous tribe people vs soldiers? Equations in the machine giving the wife the ability to NAME herself anyone?

still can’t figure out if all the supernatural things from the show are supposed to be real or just figments of each characters imagination. Fantasies to compensate for real life traumas. Tic with his war ptsd, his dad to deal with his closeted homosexuality, any character having to deal with racism/bigotry, hippolyta dealing with her husband being on the road so much and “discovering” herself and maybe her husband’s infidelity?

nonstop my thoughts are “dawg what are we doing?!!!” And “okay I guess? Yeah why not.” This show went from an exciting show with relevant talking points, to a show that I’m not sure I want to tell people I watch :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: wr
If the dad wasn't ashamed of being gay the storyline would have been done wrapped up. He got all the answers but that conflict with that side of him sabotaging the whole damn plot.

Probably dead wrong, but I interpreted this trip like the alternate Universe’s in The Flash, or cerebral planes in Marvel. Wonder how long she was gone in real time?

Where is she? Only Atticus came back through wormhole. And it wasn't explained where he went.

Westworld season 1 levels of difficulty in figuring out what’s going on.

Pod barely helps lol.

But this episode was great and hit on a lot. It’s clear they had a crazy budget for every episode. The last planet was wild.

They have too many side stories going on. The writers need to realize that not every character in a show needs a full character arc. The story should revolve around the lives of Tic, Leti and Christina. Anyone else should have their life sprinkled in. Entire episodes dedicated to Hippolyta and Ruby have been a waste of time.

Shouts to Sufe Bradshaw. Wasn’t expecting to see her here. She played Sue in Veep. I think something happened to her personally, not sure what it was, but it’s good seeing her acting.

She decided to stay on whatever planetthat was
I thought she said she needed to go back because her daughter needed her. Somewhat of a foreshadow to next episode because of her daughters drawing left by the dead cop body and them going after her.

I thought she said she needed to go back because her daughter needed her. Somewhat of a foreshadow to next episode because of her daughters drawing left by the dead cop body and them going after her.

I thought that too, when I watched it. But according to the pod, the writers said she decided to stay to give the audience a reason not to like her...and push back on the patriarchy and the idea that women need to go home to take care of the kids. At least that’s what I gathered from their dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom