Lunargrand

Just got these.

Anybody use shoe trees on suede slip ons, I use them on my suede slip ons and now a bit loose that were once snug fit.

Yeah

Anybody use shoe trees on suede slip ons, I use them on my suede slip ons and now a bit loose that were once snug fit.
I just got mines yesterday and put it on my kudu. I removed it after awhile after reading this post fearing it might stretch the material.

anyone see the email where they are advertising horween leather?  howcome they didn't advertise it as horween from the beginning?

anyone see the email where they are advertising horween leather?  howcome they didn't advertise it as horween from the beginning?

Marketing ploy perhaps. Introduces the shoe at a different angle in order to garner more interest as it gets closer to the Holidays when everyone starts looking for gifts. Honestly I don't even know what Horween leather is.

Marketing ploy perhaps. Introduces the shoe at a different angle in order to garner more interest as it gets closer to the Holidays when everyone starts looking for gifts. Honestly I don't even know what Horween leather is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horween_Leather_Company

They're a major, if not the biggest, leather supplier in the USA. CH, AE, J&M get leathers from them but as many people know.. Many of AE's offerings use full grain leather instead of the lower quality corrected grain leather.

so cole haan was always using horween?  doesn't make sense to me, i would put that right in the front of all my ads.

Yeah

I just got mines yesterday and put it on my kudu. I removed it after awhile after reading this post fearing it might stretch the material.
I had the shoe trees on for less than a week on my suede loafers and a bit loose now. I like a snug fit on loafers, I took the shoe trees off, fearing they would further stretch the shoe. If you think about it, the spring loaded mechanism on the shoe trees is not a normal fit for the shoe. I understand that the shoetree is suppose to keep the shape of the shoes but in this case, a loafer, there's a constant 24/7 stretching on the heel of the shoe. The spring on the shoetree is pushing back on the heel and also loosening the quarter top edge of the loafer as the spring loaded mechanism on the shoetree pushes back towards the heel. I think it's OK on leather laceups,not sure on kudu where the suede is super soft.

so cole haan was always using horween?  doesn't make sense to me, i would put that right in the front of all my ads.
Wow, I did not know that either. I definitely would put that on their description. Alden uses Horween. Horween's shell cordovan color 8 leather is amazing.

Wow, I did not know that either. I definitely would put that on their description. Alden uses Horween. Horween's shell cordovan color 8 leather is amazing.
I think they've been using Horween all along but they're not using the best leathers that Horween has to offer (this is probably why they're not choosing to advertise it front and center). There are most probably different grades of leather.

If you guys notice some of the leather LunarGrands, they do not look like real leather at all. Some are quite plasticky.
Who's AE, CH and J&M? So has Cole Haan been using Horween on all their leathers? Another thing, is it really worth it?
Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, Johnston & Murphy. They probably just shot out that e-mail in an attempt to drive sales up. I personally say Cole Haan shoes are not worth it at full retail price.

I think they've been using Horween all along but they're not using the best leathers that Horween has to offer (this is probably why they're not choosing to advertise it front and center). There are most probably different grades of leather.

If you guys notice some of the leather LunarGrands, they do not look like real leather at all. Some are quite plasticky.

Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds, Johnston & Murphy. They probably just shot out that e-mail in an attempt to drive sales up. I personally say Cole Haan shoes are not worth it at full retail price.
i was about to say their leather isn't that good and it's sad that it's from horween

Code:
Yes, what about them?

Which one do you have? I've tried them on at the store and they're comfortable but I wonder how they are for long walks? Also, I'm trying to find last season's color way ( green or taupe) but can't find any outside of eBay. Anyone know where they might be still selling them?

I have them. The all black one as well as the taupe but I have only worn the black one. Both are made of nubuck leather and are of decent quality.

Why haven't you worn the taupe? Wasn't that last season color way? I'm looking for a taupe but can't find one anywhere. Where did you get yours? Also from looking at pictures the taupe looks like it has a speckled texture/design to it. Will that get worn out easily? One more thing, are they comfortable wearing for an extended time? Thanks!

Why haven't you worn the taupe? Wasn't that last season color way? I'm looking for a taupe but can't find one anywhere. Where did you get yours? Also from looking at pictures the taupe looks like it has a speckled texture/design to it. Will that get worn out easily? One more thing, are they comfortable wearing for an extended time? Thanks!
Yeah, it was one of the colorways during the first release of the combat boots. I got mine from CH.com. It indeed has some kind of texture to it.

I would say they're okay from a comfort standpoint. I'm not immensely impressed by the comfort of LunarGrands. Running shoe Lunarlons are still way softer but CH LunarGrand shoes are just handsomer.
tongue.gif
 The combat boots are a bit warmer since they're high-cut.

Not sure if any of you guys are zulily members (I am for baby/wife stuff) but they have ch gift cards right now pay $100 get a $200 gift card. If you're looking for an invite, message me your email and I'll send a link.

i was about to say their leather isn't that good and it's sad that it's from horween
It would seem from the ad and the website that they're only using horween leather on a few pairs. The ones that are have it in the title of the shoe now. To me this suggests they aren't using horween leather (or at least are using a different grade) on the shoes that it's not in the name.

Even so, the horween ones are still not of good quality. I saw some of those in-store and they don't look good. They're too shiny and plasticky.

Another thing to note, those have been on the site for a while now. They simply revised the product name and included "horween."

Even so, the horween ones are still not of good quality. I saw some of those in-store and they don't look good. They're too shiny and plasticky.

Another thing to note, those have been on the site for a while now. They simply revised the product name and included "horween."
That's disappointing. I've found that with all of the leather lunargrands. I haven't bought any that weren't suede or nubuck because the leather look and feel pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom