Lunargrand

Those loafers looks sweet. Even the black w/ yellow soles look tempting in those pics.

Amazing pics. I wanted to get those reds, which are on sale for like $160-170 at Cole Haan. Woulda been a great price during the 30% off. Kinda regret passing now after seeing your pics.

i don't follow this thread closely enough to get in on all the good deals!!! ahhhhhhh

i did just pick up the poolsides though, and man...those...are....FIRE!!!!

sorta hoping somebody here ordered a sz in the fatigues....and they don't fit them.....hahhhahha, can only hope

i don't follow this thread closely enough to get in on all the good deals!!! ahhhhhhh

i did just pick up the poolsides though, and man...those...are....FIRE!!!!

sorta hoping somebody here ordered a sz in the fatigues....and they don't fit them.....hahhhahha, can only hope
huh? fatigues aren't sold out? they're still in stores

I finally got my penny loafers. Sadly they are too big. I went with the same size as lg wingtips. I went half size down on those. To me feel like the loafer is a whole sz smaller then normal Nike.

I'm having a tough time with this as well. I have 10.5s in Chukkas, wingtips and saddles and all fit well. I have 1 pair of size 10 wingtips and they fit, but are snug. I ordered 10.5 in the oxblood loafers and they fit great as far as the width is concerned; just a bit too long. My CH store doesn't have these in store so I'm not sure how to go about trying a 10 to decide if I should go down or stay with a 10.5.

guys....are the penny loafers still on sale at 170 at cole haan stores? called customer service and they quoted 248...is the sale over or the customer service rep had no clue about in store prices?

I was at Cole Haan in CA yesterday. The reds were on sale (and they were during the F&F too). Chukkas were also still on sale for $150.

I'm having a tough time with this as well. I have 10.5s in Chukkas, wingtips and saddles and all fit well. I have 1 pair of size 10 wingtips and they fit, but are snug. I ordered 10.5 in the oxblood loafers and they fit great as far as the width is concerned; just a bit too long. My CH store doesn't have these in store so I'm not sure how to go about trying a 10 to decide if I should go down or stay with a 10.5.
phone order from another store and return one

Hey, guys I kind of need some advice on the fitment.

So I bought the loafers in 2 sizes.

now the smaller size length wise is good, width wise my right feet is bigger so Its really tight on my right foot to where my foot kind of popping out of leather right under my toes. When i wear the other size its perfectly snug on my right feet but length wise they feel a little long on both feet to where each step my heel kind of comes out especially the left foot.

So pretty much there is no perfect size for me. Will the leather on loafers stretch enough to stretch into .5 size up in width?

also im trying all these with no socks.

now the smaller size length wise is good, width wise my right feet is bigger so Its really tight on my right foot to where my foot kind of popping out of leather right under my toes. When i wear the other size its perfectly snug on my right feet but length wise they feel a little long on both feet to where each step my heel kind of comes out especially the left foot.

So pretty much there is no perfect size for me. Will the leather on loafers stretch enough to stretch into .5 size up in width?

The heel slip sounds like it would be the most annoying thing ever. I would wear them (the smaller pair) around the house for an hour at a time to loosen up the leather and fit without tearing up your feet. If after a few times doing this, nothing changes you know that they will always stay that stiff.

You're better off with the larger size IMO. Try wearing loafer socks with them.

Also, did sneakerheads come up with the word fitment?

Last edited:
You're better off with the larger size IMO. Try wearing loafer socks with them.

Also, did sneakerheads come up with the word fitment?

i think so since i just realized i used that word in my vocabulary on here. haha

even with dress socks there still some slippage

OK Im finally ready to show them. My custom made Lunar Sperrys. I cut up my Lunar Montreals and Sperry Topsiders. I got my inspiration and instructions from a guy who did Sperry Free Run Chukkas that I found on Instagram. A big thanks to David! I still need to do a few touch ups to the shoes. It was hard to cut up two pairs of perfectly good shoes. I am going to try a Free Run Sperry and also do a few pairs with different color lunar soles/sperry uppers. Thank god that I have a shop willing to sell me Lunar running shoes at cost and I know a girl who works at Nordstrom to get me Sperrys at discount.

Having these almost makes me want to return my Lunargrand Loafers

Nice work but I do not have the patience to do such a thing myself.

Props for pulling it off, though I got to say it doesn't look that great, the Sperrys looks long than the sole. The Lunargrand works and looks good because the bottom looks a bit chunky and is longer/wider than the uppers. If the Montreal soles were of a bigger size, it might look much better but it looking like drivers in the front just makes it looks awkward.

As long as you like it though, no hate at all.

Nice job!

I just think that the thickness of the Lunar sole combined with how low-profile the Sperrys upper is makes them look a little awkward. Maybe it's perception, I haven't measured, but it seems like the Lunargrand models use a thinner sole.

Not a bad effort.

But I agree with everybody that the lunar midsole looks too thick combined with the Sperry upper. The concept of a boat shoe with lunar midsole is a clever idea.

Perhaps if you used a different shaped lunar midsole (i.e. with less ridges), it might work out.

Last edited:
Bad thing about it got wait to another sale and go for a 10. Looks to be no way to return back for a 10. Closest CH store like 4 hrs away. Hopefully 20 or 25 percent sale soon.

Bad thing about it got wait to another sale and go for a 10. Looks to be no way to return back for a 10. Closest CH store like 4 hrs away. Hopefully 20 or 25 percent sale soon.

What are you looking for? Saks.com has a F&F sale good for 25% off right now and they have 2 colorways of the loafers and 4 colorways of the wingtips. Not as good as the CH deal or even the Nordstrom 30% off but 25% if a decent deal.

Good looking out on Saks but i don't see the colors i want listed. Maybe the black penny loafers.
I called CH outlet and they said they usually do the 30%off twice a year. They might have a sale memorial day.

Back
Top Bottom