Lupe Fiasco> pretty much every rapper out

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Only geek hip-hop message boards (and I know I'm posting on one, but still) think Lupe is the GOAT. Ask the rest of the music world what they know about him, if they even know who he is
laugh.gif

Good rapper, put out a crappy album with LASERS, overrated on NT. If he wants that crossover appeal he gotta do a better job with his LPs, or stay "underground".

There are many great artists who have a great body of work goes as far as their music and do not fit the commercial mold or are known by the masses. However, that does not take away from their greatness as an artist because the masses do not know of them. 
Agreed, but if you're going for the "accessible music" route he gotta come with a better work than LASERS. And these people on here also gotta stop making excuses for him. Ultimately, you're the artist, and you put YOUR NAME on a product. Record labels can be shady, but wise up Lupe.
I hear you but I don't think Lupe was going for that route at all which is why I do not blame him.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Only geek hip-hop message boards (and I know I'm posting on one, but still) think Lupe is the GOAT. Ask the rest of the music world what they know about him, if they even know who he is
laugh.gif

Good rapper, put out a crappy album with LASERS, overrated on NT. If he wants that crossover appeal he gotta do a better job with his LPs, or stay "underground".

There are many great artists who have a great body of work goes as far as their music and do not fit the commercial mold or are known by the masses. However, that does not take away from their greatness as an artist because the masses do not know of them. 
Agreed, but if you're going for the "accessible music" route he gotta come with a better work than LASERS. And these people on here also gotta stop making excuses for him. Ultimately, you're the artist, and you put YOUR NAME on a product. Record labels can be shady, but wise up Lupe.
I hear you but I don't think Lupe was going for that route at all which is why I do not blame him.

Me: Lupe, it is good to speak with you. I heard there was a lot of talk about the comments you made a few days ago about the President and I wanted to give you a chance to further discuss your thoughts. I respect you as an artist and a poet and I think your opinion is important to the national discussion on where our country is going. Tell me more about where your opinions come from and how you came to the conclusion that the President is a “terrorist,

Me: Lupe, it is good to speak with you. I heard there was a lot of talk about the comments you made a few days ago about the President and I wanted to give you a chance to further discuss your thoughts. I respect you as an artist and a poet and I think your opinion is important to the national discussion on where our country is going. Tell me more about where your opinions come from and how you came to the conclusion that the President is a “terrorist,

why is everyone acting like Lasers was THAT bad?! It wasn't F&L or The Cool but it was definitely better than a lot of other trash that is being released. One or two people say it was wack on NT and everybody sayin' the same exact thing. some of y'all speak like it was  a 0 out of 10.. 0 out of 5 mics. relax.

why is everyone acting like Lasers was THAT bad?! It wasn't F&L or The Cool but it was definitely better than a lot of other trash that is being released. One or two people say it was wack on NT and everybody sayin' the same exact thing. some of y'all speak like it was  a 0 out of 10.. 0 out of 5 mics. relax.

Back
Top Bottom