Lupe Fiasco> pretty much every rapper out

Originally Posted by WiCKeD KiCKz

why is everyone acting like Lasers was THAT bad?! It wasn't F&L or The Cool but it was definitely better than a lot of other trash that is being released. One or two people say it was wack on NT and everybody sayin' the same exact thing. some of y'all speak like it was  a 0 out of 10.. 0 out of 5 mics. relax.

it sucks man... the beats and hooks and just the overall feel... that $%+@ is wack... its not wack like talentless wack cuz he still spittin but musically that $%+@ sucks

why is everyone acting like Lasers was THAT bad?! It wasn't F&L or The Cool but it was definitely better than a lot of other trash that is being released. One or two people say it was wack on NT and everybody sayin' the same exact thing. some of y'all speak like it was  a 0 out of 10.. 0 out of 5 mics. relax.

it sucks man... the beats and hooks and just the overall feel... that $%+@ is wack... its not wack like talentless wack cuz he still spittin but musically that $%+@ sucks

Lupe
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by donpoppa

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

there hasn't been any rapper post-Lupe that I actually anticipate material from...
45ade458e3_o.jpg

thank me later
i was about to mention krit

Same here. KRIT is the first person that popped in my head when I read this link. I wouldn't say something like The Return of 4Eva is better that Lupe's albums (besides Lasers),
but I could probably argue that if I wanted to.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

there hasn't been any rapper post-Lupe that I actually anticipate material from...
45ade458e3_o.jpg

thank me later
i was about to mention krit

Same here. KRIT is the first person that popped in my head when I read this link. I wouldn't say something like The Return of 4Eva is better that Lupe's albums (besides Lasers),
but I could probably argue that if I wanted to.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

It wasn't just one or two people, it was the majority of Lupe's own fanbase, and LUPE HIMSELF. It was one of the most watered down albums of 2011. It wasn't
0/10, but it was 5/10, and any Lupe fan or fan of good rap music in general expects way more than that from an artist of his caliber.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

It wasn't just one or two people, it was the majority of Lupe's own fanbase, and LUPE HIMSELF. It was one of the most watered down albums of 2011. It wasn't
0/10, but it was 5/10, and any Lupe fan or fan of good rap music in general expects way more than that from an artist of his caliber.

I dont care if its better than every album released this year that doesn't mean it was a good album. I'm decent at basketball but if I go play wit scrubs I'll shine but that doesn't make me a beast. Too many ppl give artist the benefit of the doubt because of the garbage thats out now. Bro there is plenty of ppl outside of NT that have said the same thing, you act like NT is the critic god lol. Lupe is one of the best therefore we expect for him to put out material that sides with that regardless of what garbage is being released by other artist.

I dont care if its better than every album released this year that doesn't mean it was a good album. I'm decent at basketball but if I go play wit scrubs I'll shine but that doesn't make me a beast. Too many ppl give artist the benefit of the doubt because of the garbage thats out now. Bro there is plenty of ppl outside of NT that have said the same thing, you act like NT is the critic god lol. Lupe is one of the best therefore we expect for him to put out material that sides with that regardless of what garbage is being released by other artist.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

anyone in here going to his show at Governor's Island in August...thinking about going esp after that performance he put on at roseland ballroom
pimp.gif

Date or any more information about this would be appreciated. Went to my first concert which was Lupe and it made me want to go to another 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

anyone in here going to his show at Governor's Island in August...thinking about going esp after that performance he put on at roseland ballroom
pimp.gif

Date or any more information about this would be appreciated. Went to my first concert which was Lupe and it made me want to go to another 

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I said this same statement for awhile until I started listening to J. Cole a few years ago. I would also say Blu but dude never puts anything out.  Lupe is easily one of the best rappers in the game although LASERS was utterly disappointing and I am eager to see how he bounces back.
Yeah between Lupe and J. Cole it's kind of close, but Lupe probably got it because his songs are a bit more deeper and complex, but J. Cole is more punch you in the gut.

Lupe = food for thought
J. Cole = punch you in the gut type lyrics

If that makes any sense lol.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I said this same statement for awhile until I started listening to J. Cole a few years ago. I would also say Blu but dude never puts anything out.  Lupe is easily one of the best rappers in the game although LASERS was utterly disappointing and I am eager to see how he bounces back.
Yeah between Lupe and J. Cole it's kind of close, but Lupe probably got it because his songs are a bit more deeper and complex, but J. Cole is more punch you in the gut.

Lupe = food for thought
J. Cole = punch you in the gut type lyrics

If that makes any sense lol.

Well at least they made a video for my least favorite song on lazers.

I would have liked to see a visual for All Black Everything just to see where lu would take that song.

Well at least they made a video for my least favorite song on lazers.

I would have liked to see a visual for All Black Everything just to see where lu would take that song.

Back
Top Bottom