Lupe Fiasco - The Coolest... From The Cool

This #*!# is tough...but anyone else hear a lil wayne-ish type pronunciations throughout the song? Like the emphasis on certain vowels and what-not. I could bemr Fantastic right now though...

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

This #*!# is tough...but anyone else hear a lil wayne-ish type pronunciations throughout the song? Like the emphasis on certain vowels and what-not. I could be mr Fantastic right now though...
i definitely heard that...song is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
regardless though

^Its on hiphopdx kid.

"You think it's all arid
And everything's ivory"

Lyric correction: He does not say Ivory. Ivory should be Irie (caribbean/west indian slang for "cool"). And he refers to Arid deodorant before whichalso keeps you "cool".

The lyrics to this song are sick....I can't stop listening.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Its on hiphopdx kid.

"You think it's all arid
And everything's ivory"

Lyric correction: He does not say Ivory. Ivory should be Irie (caribbean/west indian slang for "cool"). And he refers to Arid deodorant before which also keeps you "cool".

The lyrics to this song are sick....I can't stop listening.

I think your right with the second part, bu the first part is Arid as in a desert, so you think it's hot but it's really cool

Originally Posted by RazzorRamone

forgive me,but what exactly is "the cool",i never understood that,explain plz.

The cool is exactly what it sounds like, tryna follow the IN crowd or the COOL, which looks cool in the eyes of society.....like you see alot of youngdudes look like fools on their myspace, flashing money , guns, and drugs...they're chasing the cool

the emphais or the stressing of the words was being done by kanye before wayne ever did it

If memory serves me correctly The Neptunes were supposedly handling the production for this song. Im waiting for the release date, so I dont know what itsounds like to confirm. I dont think there is any Kanye productions on the album.

im glad to see Lupe getting the respect/love he well deserves, dude is really unmatched in hip/hop right now, second to none

wot that said, im trying to wait for release date for at least the "street" release date
nerd.gif

how could u think this was a kanye beat?

i think him rappin like wayne goes into the being cool thing...everybody jackin his flow... look at tity boy

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Got it on the MySpace.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

"And if the rain stops, and everything's dry
She would cry just so I could drink the tears from her eyes
She teach me how to fly
Even cushion my fall
If my engines ever stall and I plummet from the sky
But she would keep me high..."

eek.gif
pimp.gif

my away message
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As I expected this is gonna be one of the best tracks on The Cool.. I'm pretty sure of it, and if Kanye really produced this, no words can explain histalent...and LUPE!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

how could u think this was a kanye beat?

i think him rappin like wayne goes into the being cool thing...everybody jackin his flow... look at tity boy

I was just going off what someone else said... I'm hearing Soundtrakk produced it. Not too sure, though.

You know whats crazy...Lu just might go Platinum off this joint, or atleast "Street Platinum" meaning everywhere you go dudes might be bumping it, orit will be heavily downloaded.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I might be seriously addicted to this song.

I haven't listened to anything else since I found it.
laugh.gif

i like it... and as everyone knows im not the biggest lupe fan...

Back
Top Bottom