Mac users, how many cycles are you on/battery capacity?

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

According to Coconut battery I have a current battery capacity of 3627 mAh and it was originally 4600, on 143 cycles. But.... if my computer is unplugged for 10 minutes it shuts down without warning
frown.gif

Battery meter to will tell me I have time left, but my comp just shuts off... anyone know why?

try calibrating it ...

when unplugged let it go to sleep ... keep it off for 5 hours then charge it back to full. This is something you should do at least every few months. If it's shutting off so soon you prolly need a new battery at this point. It should not be doing that after 143 cycles. Go to apple if calibration does nothing.

Alright, thanks, I'll try that. It's just weird how even on the comps meter it'll tell me I have 2 hours left, and then it just shuts off. It used to give me a warning when it was getting low. But I'll see what happens after that.

I was on 350 before they changed my battery when I took it to the apple store to use my warranty before it expired back in October. I had like 87% health on it.

I was on 350 before they changed my battery when I took it to the apple store to use my warranty before it expired back in October. I had like 87% health on it.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Cycle count: 314
Capacity: 4647

Mine seems like it may be bad compared to yours, lol. Not a computer expert, though.

New macbook

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Cycle count: 314
Capacity: 4647

Mine seems like it may be bad compared to yours, lol. Not a computer expert, though.

New macbook

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Depending on the year/model you're using, the capacity count will help you determine when to replace the battery
The older laptop, I believe from Jan 09 need to have the batteries replaced after a 250 cycle count. Wrong

Just an FYi for those who have Apple Care. Apple will replace your battery if it has not gotten to 180 cycle count. No they wont
This usually equates to about 6-8 months. Nope

I dont know where you got this idea from, but thats not even close to the battery replacement cycle count for batteries. Its even further away from the truth for any of the newer non user replaceable batteries.

The cycle count is not the only determining factor for getting your battery replaced.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Depending on the year/model you're using, the capacity count will help you determine when to replace the battery
The older laptop, I believe from Jan 09 need to have the batteries replaced after a 250 cycle count. Wrong

Just an FYi for those who have Apple Care. Apple will replace your battery if it has not gotten to 180 cycle count. No they wont
This usually equates to about 6-8 months. Nope

I dont know where you got this idea from, but thats not even close to the battery replacement cycle count for batteries. Its even further away from the truth for any of the newer non user replaceable batteries.

The cycle count is not the only determining factor for getting your battery replaced.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

86F? Damn i hope that's not on your lap.

He probably has 50 tabs of NT open, refreshing them all to make sure he's first to post in a thread.
c5Zhf.png

So you have what? 52 tabs of NT open? 30.8°C = 87.4°F

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

86F? Damn i hope that's not on your lap.

He probably has 50 tabs of NT open, refreshing them all to make sure he's first to post in a thread.
c5Zhf.png

So you have what? 52 tabs of NT open? 30.8°C = 87.4°F

Back
Top Bottom