Mac users, how many cycles are you on/battery capacity?

man how do yall get your battery cycles up so high?
laugh.gif
my previous macbook was 4+ years old and it was on 29x just last week on the OG battery. Does the cycle only count if you let it drop down to 0% or something?

also, I heard from one of the genius bar guys a couple years ago that Apple replaces batteries under Apple Care as long as its under 300 cycles. Is there any truth to this?

laugh.gif
my previous macbook was 4+ years old and it was on 29x just last week on the OG battery. Does the cycle only count if you let it drop down to 0% or something?

also, I heard from one of the genius bar guys a couple years ago that Apple replaces batteries under Apple Care as long as its under 300 cycles. Is there any truth to this?

Originally Posted by Liban906

laugh.gif

No, AppleCare will only replace batteries that are defective.

I swear I will never understand peoples thought process when they want a new battery for their computer. If your battery in your TV remote died, would you call the TV manufacturer for a free new battery? A computer battery is no different.

Originally Posted by Liban906

laugh.gif

No, AppleCare will only replace batteries that are defective.

I swear I will never understand peoples thought process when they want a new battery for their computer. If your battery in your TV remote died, would you call the TV manufacturer for a free new battery? A computer battery is no different.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

That's a poor analogy. You can't go to the store and buy a new battery for your MacBook.

I've had an old battery replaced by Apple. *shrug*

That's a poor analogy. You can't go to the store and buy a new battery for your MacBook.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

just finished 900 cycles, installed a new battery yesterday, brand new mac :smoking
i bought an OEM battery for $100, and installed it in 5 minutes.  if you do it at the store, you have to drive there, and pay $170+ and possibly wait a day or 2

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

just finished 900 cycles, installed a new battery yesterday, brand new mac :smoking
i bought an OEM battery for $100, and installed it in 5 minutes.  if you do it at the store, you have to drive there, and pay $170+ and possibly wait a day or 2

How much are 08 black MacBooks worth? How come they never made black pros? Irrelevant to the thread but I wish they had new black models 

How much are 08 black MacBooks worth? How come they never made black pros? Irrelevant to the thread but I wish they had new black models 

I've had my battery replaced a couple times but luckily I had applecare so it was free.
laugh.gif
I'm going to need a new Mac soon though. 

Screen%20shot%202012-02-05%20at%203.04.03%20PM.png

Back
Top Bottom