Mac users, how many cycles are you on/battery capacity?

I've had my battery replaced a couple times but luckily I had applecare so it was free.
laugh.gif
I'm going to need a new Mac soon though. 

Screen%20shot%202012-02-05%20at%203.04.03%20PM.png

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

How do I see this?
Click the  in the top left > About this Mac > More Info > Power (on the left panel) > You will then see cycle count and full charge capacity.

I don't see the power.  It just shows "Overview, Display, Storage, Memory."  I'm on Lion, am I missing something?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

How do I see this?
Click the  in the top left > About this Mac > More Info > Power (on the left panel) > You will then see cycle count and full charge capacity.

I don't see the power.  It just shows "Overview, Display, Storage, Memory."  I'm on Lion, am I missing something?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

I swear I will never understand peoples thought process when they want a new battery for their computer. If your battery in your TV remote died, would you call the TV manufacturer for a free new battery? A computer battery is no different.
That's a poor analogy. You can't go to the store and buy a new battery for your MacBook.

I've had an old battery replaced by Apple. *shrug*

How is that a poor analogy? Up until recently, you could go to an Apple Store, eBay, amazon.com, anywhere that sold apple products, buy a battery and install it yourself. Even with the unibody designed ones, you go into any store or authorized service provider, pay for a battery, and walk out with your new battery in your macbook.

The point is, no matter what it is, whether a computer, remote, or your damn car, batteries die, and you dont go whining to the manufacturer for a free new one unless its actually defective.

I swear I will never understand peoples thought process when they want a new battery for their computer. If your battery in your TV remote died, would you call the TV manufacturer for a free new battery? A computer battery is no different.
That's a poor analogy. You can't go to the store and buy a new battery for your MacBook.

How is that a poor analogy? Up until recently, you could go to an Apple Store, eBay, amazon.com, anywhere that sold apple products, buy a battery and install it yourself. Even with the unibody designed ones, you go into any store or authorized service provider, pay for a battery, and walk out with your new battery in your macbook.

The point is, no matter what it is, whether a computer, remote, or your damn car, batteries die, and you dont go whining to the manufacturer for a free new one unless its actually defective.

Who are you to say what people do or don't do? Clearly people do go "whining" to the manufacturer if they choose to. That's exactly why certain manufacturers offer this service, if your car battery dies while still under the warranty and your dealer offers this service than most people would do this. A remote battery is worth approximately 1 dollar, driving to the nearest Duracell factory wouldn't be convenient. So again, your analogy sucks. 

Who are you to say what people do or don't do? Clearly people do go "whining" to the manufacturer if they choose to. That's exactly why certain manufacturers offer this service, if your car battery dies while still under the warranty and your dealer offers this service than most people would do this. A remote battery is worth approximately 1 dollar, driving to the nearest Duracell factory wouldn't be convenient. So again, your analogy sucks. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

You, among a number of other consumers, failed to see the point. Batteries are a consumable product, meaning that it is known that it will not last forever, that is why any battery anywhere is only covered for a set period of time. I'd like to see any company provide free battery replacement (or any other consumable part for that matter like tires/fluids/etc) beyond this period of time (usually 1 year) unless under some special contact.
You can go ahead and try to get your 5 year old battery replaced for free, I'm not trying to stop you, I'm just trying to save you some time and effort and informing people that this is something 99% of all companies will not do for free.

Originally Posted by Wade187

You, among a number of other consumers, failed to see the point. Batteries are a consumable product, meaning that it is known that it will not last forever, that is why any battery anywhere is only covered for a set period of time. I'd like to see any company provide free battery replacement (or any other consumable part for that matter like tires/fluids/etc) beyond this period of time (usually 1 year) unless under some special contact.
You can go ahead and try to get your 5 year old battery replaced for free, I'm not trying to stop you, I'm just trying to save you some time and effort and informing people that this is something 99% of all companies will not do for free.

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh):182
Fully charged:Yes
Charging:No
Full charge capacity (mAh):182
Health Information:
Cycle count:235
Condition:Check Battery

^^^ Am I in trouble?

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh):182
Fully charged:Yes