Macho Man Dead - Pg 12 | WWE Over The Limit PPV 5/22 Pg 23 - Orton vs Christian, Cena vs Miz

If you visit the AT&T Center website which is hosting the WWE October 23, 2011 PPV, the event is now being called “Vengeance.

If you visit the AT&T Center website which is hosting the WWE October 23, 2011 PPV, the event is now being called “Vengeance.

frown.gif
rip macho man

I was at work all day (Literally, like from 9 to 9) and just found out the news.

Rest in Peace.

I was at work all day (Literally, like from 9 to 9) and just found out the news.

Rest in Peace.

Cousin told me about his death this morning. Definitely sucks. One of my favorite wrestlers with a gimmick that never got old. RIP

Cousin told me about his death this morning. Definitely sucks. One of my favorite wrestlers with a gimmick that never got old. RIP

My man Randy had the meanest punches of all time. They always looked like they legit hurt. Crazy this happened. And it was looking like WWE was gonna actually start acknowledging him with his DVD, his action figure after how ever many years, and being in the new game. Damn Shame. R.I.P Randy...OHHHHH YEAAAA!!!

My man Randy had the meanest punches of all time. They always looked like they legit hurt. Crazy this happened. And it was looking like WWE was gonna actually start acknowledging him with his DVD, his action figure after how ever many years, and being in the new game. Damn Shame. R.I.P Randy...OHHHHH YEAAAA!!!

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

-- Mike writes: Just wanted to pass along a couple things about the coverage of Savage's death. The story is on the front page of espn.com right now. It's the same story on the AP wire but I found it interesting to see it on ESPN's home page. Also Tony Reali the host of Around the Horn on ESPN was 1 of the 1st people to post the story from TMZ on twitter and through out the program today he and the panelists used a lot of Macho Man references such as bringing up his minor league baseball past, when someone was eliminated from the show, he was given "the elbow from the top Macho Man style" and things like that. The show closed with them all humming his theme song as well. None of it was done in jest and was quite respectful of him. Tons of MMA guys, rappers (Ice T, B-Real from Cypress Hill, Pete Rock and others), football players, baseball players have all tweeted their respects to him as well. Arsenio Hall tweeted a few times about it and posted a youtube link of Savage's appearance on his show leading up to Mania 5. I'm sure if you got on there today you saw the guys from the business and BJ Penn and other MMA guys tweeting about it. I don't know if any of that would be considered news but thought you'd might be interested. His personality and celebrity truly transcended the business.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

-- Mike writes: Just wanted to pass along a couple things about the coverage of Savage's death. The story is on the front page of espn.com right now. It's the same story on the AP wire but I found it interesting to see it on ESPN's home page. Also Tony Reali the host of Around the Horn on ESPN was 1 of the 1st people to post the story from TMZ on twitter and through out the program today he and the panelists used a lot of Macho Man references such as bringing up his minor league baseball past, when someone was eliminated from the show, he was given "the elbow from the top Macho Man style" and things like that. The show closed with them all humming his theme song as well. None of it was done in jest and was quite respectful of him. Tons of MMA guys, rappers (Ice T, B-Real from Cypress Hill, Pete Rock and others), football players, baseball players have all tweeted their respects to him as well. Arsenio Hall tweeted a few times about it and posted a youtube link of Savage's appearance on his show leading up to Mania 5. I'm sure if you got on there today you saw the guys from the business and BJ Penn and other MMA guys tweeting about it. I don't know if any of that would be considered news but thought you'd might be interested. His personality and celebrity truly transcended the business.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom