Macklemore is Done!!!!

'Can't Hold Us' is a decent party banger but everything else by this cornball is trash. This dude is a culture vulture (sneakers, LGBT rights, discount shopping) that has been given too much shine. In that regard, they should've given awards to fellow culture vulture Snow back in the 90s for 'Informer'.

dude just seems to play to the cause celebre and it comes off phony
He's always been a conscious rapper though.
Listen to some of his stuff from way before he blew up. It doesn't seem like an act to get attention to me, I think he's genuine.

I dont listen to him, but I don't hate him. Some people just choose to hate by default..

I dont listen to him, but I don't hate him. Some people just choose to hate by default..

Yeah, don't get it either. Might just be because he's a successful white rapper that beat out K dot (which wasn't even his fault :lol: )

'Can't Hold Us' is a decent party banger but everything else by this cornball is trash. This dude is a culture vulture (sneakers, LGBT rights, discount shopping) that has been given too much shine. In that regard, they should've given awards to fellow culture vulture Snow back in the 90s for 'Informer'.
I think he's best when he speaks on addiction in his music. A few tracks on the Heist dealt with that topic.

Grammy W for him incoming...
Yep.

Bruh about to make a white TPAB. 
laugh.gif

I probably won't listen to this more than once.

But it's dope that he is taking his spotlight to at least talk about things like this and bring it into the conversations of his white audience who wouldn't acknowledge it otherwise.

I might be missing some of the stuff he's done to garner it, but I don't get the hate. I don't listen to him but I'm not mad at him.

Yea it's actually cool to see someone in the mainstream bring some spotlight on this but
Too bad his music sucks.

This at the end of the day :lol:. Dude really knows how to capitalize on the hot button issue du jour :lol:

Last edited:
Dude is a day late, and a dollar short.

Content was good. Flow was trash. Beat was trash. Overall production was trash. He comes off as a guy with good intentions and horrible approach. I don't hate him, but his entire essence is so cheesy to me.

View media item 1783213
Sit down B!

And let this hot fire engulf your soul. :smokin

Last edited:
Content was good. Flow was trash. Beat was trash. Overall production was trash. He comes off as a guy with good intentions and horrible approach. I don't hate him, but his entire essence is so cheesy to me.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. No problem with the content at all, but as a pure rapper he's very mediocre, and his main producer Ryan Lewis stinks.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. No problem with the content at all, but as a pure rapper he's very mediocre, and his main producer Ryan Lewis stinks.

Yeah. I respect the message and from his breakfast club and hot97 interviews he seems genuine to me but dude is not a good rapper and he just corny. Em already spoke about this in a much better way on White America.

I like how Macklemore was a complete underground act had a very small following, then blew off one or 2 hits and now he's getting all this hate. STILL.

You'd think he'd be the Grammy winner to just fade back in to obscurity but now yall love to hate dude.

I like how Macklemore was a complete underground act had a very small following, then blew off one or 2 hits and now he's getting all this hate. STILL.

You'd think he'd be the Grammy winner to just fade back in to obscurity but now yall love to hate dude.

4real. Like dude had been grinding for years....white American caught on....and latched on to like 2 of his singles....and pushed him to the forefront.

Dude can be a Lil corny and I don't feel his music, but he always came off as real and just about making music. His Hot 97 interview was really candid about his white privellage. He fully understands and acknowledges it. Much more so than em, who continues to benefit from it at an even greater level.

Don't think the song was necessary, but if he can get a small percent of his massive fan bases to at least question they're white privellage....it's ok with me.

No hate for Mackelmore.

Back
Top Bottom