Macklemore is Done!!!!

It's just that this dude got the Bat Signal, Goodyear Blimp, Super Bowl commercial, airplane sky writer, and megaphone out by titling and making the song that way. Which could've been a little more tasteful and subtle in the title and song itself.

The fact that we're talking about it is why he did it. He's wack. He's corny. He makes wack and corny music. Everyone already knows he's a vulture. He just rubs people the wrong way when he does this. I would rather listen to Gilbert Gottfried read War and Peace front-to-back than listen to a Macklemore album.

I don't think Macklemore is a culture vulture but post Malone sure in the hell is

That I can see, but not Macklemore. Just seems like people hate the guy and want to label him that cause they think he's corny and his music sucks. I'm not a fan of the dude either but I fail to see how he's a vulture.

According to some because he raps (when he's white), is into sneakers, talked about LBGT in his songs, etc ...
'

All of those are dumb reasons to label someone a culture vulture.

Last edited:
What makes Macklemore a culture vulture?
Because he's a white rapper.  And he's popular.  That's all there is to it.  

I've seen the same thing said about Em over the years, too.  But he gets a pass because his music isn't as corny and because ability-wise, he's one of the GOAT rappers.  

I've seen the same thing said about Em over the years, too.  But he gets a pass because his music isn't as corny and because ability-wise, he's one of the GOAT rappers.  

So is every white rapper a culture vulture?

There's a difference between sincerity and cultural appropriation...Post Malone is a perfect example of a vulture. The guy who talks about social issues and pays respects to hip hop legends isn't a a vulture.

There's a difference between sincerity and cultural appropriation...Post Malone is a perfect example of a vulture. The guy who talks about social issues and pays respects to hip hop legends isn't a a vulture.

No, not every white rapper is a culture vulture.

Macklemore is a bad rapper but he is not a culture vulture.

He undeservedly won best Rap Album over Kendrick Lamar's "GKMC" and as a result caught a lot of flak, but no he's not a culture vulture.

Post Malone & Slim Jesus are culture vultures. For sure. They don't really live the life they portray nor do they have a proper understanding or appreciation of the culture they're hijacking.

Rappers like Action Bronson & EL-P aren't culture vultures (though the former is guilty of overstepping his boundaries and not giving credit where it's due in regards to his comments about GFK on ESPN's Sportsnation) as they're well versed in the history of hip-hop and it's apparent in their subject matter.

In other words, you can discern quality and authenticity from posers and hijackers. The proof is in the proverbial pudding so to speak.

Last edited:
No, not every white rapper is a culture vulture.

Macklemore is a bad rapper but he is not a culture vulture.

He undeservedly won best Rap Album over Kendrick Lamar's "GKMC" and as a result caught a lot of flak, but no he's not a culture vulture.

Post Malone & Slim Jesus are culture vultures. For sure. They don't really live the life they portray nor do they have a proper understanding or appreciation of the culture they're hijacking.

Rappers like Action Bronson & EL-P aren't culture vultures (though the former is guilty of overstepping his boundaries and not giving credit where it's due in regards to his comments about GFK on ESPN's Sportsnation) as they're well versed in the history of hip-hop and it's apparent in their subject matter.

In other words, you can discern quality and authenticity from posers and hijackers. The proof is in the proverbial pudding so to speak.

Truth in every word you wrote.

Case in point with Post Malone dude woke up one day and wanted to start rappin. Macklemore been a rapper since jump and was heavy in the local Seattle rap scene. Dude went to my highschool and some of my people and friends are in his camp dude never once tried to fake the funk. Is the greatest rapper? He don't even think he's that dope, but bruh ain't ever try to front like he something he ain't

I'm on your side bro. :lol:

Was just telling you why people call him a culture vulture.

Not a fan of Post Malone or trying to defend him but he's stated in several interviews that he grew up on all types of music and has been playing guitar and singing country fow however long. and he's planning to include different styles and genres in his album. Not just hiphop

Not a fan of Post Malone or trying to defend him but he's stated in several interviews that he grew up on all types of music and has been playing guitar and singing country fow however long. and he's planning to include different styles and genres in his album. Not just hiphop

Sure, dude mimicked the easiest thing he could portray just to capitalize off it.

Sure, dude mimicked the easiest thing he could portray just to capitalize off it.

if it was easy don't you think everybody would do it?

idk man he might be a great actor but he not really coming off as the Riff Raff type to me

Everyone does do it, connections and affiliations is how you get on

Current rap has to be the easiest thing to mimic because they don't say anything, go listen to the hiphop station in your city for two hours straight and tell me what you think

Last edited:
Post Malone found tumblr one day....absorbed the hipster thought process and subculture.....then thought it be ironic and cool to rap.

You can see thru that all the way. White Iverson goes in though. Saucing on you........ :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom