Macklemore is Done!!!!

One of the guys on Gawker called him a "rapping bumper sticker" which is probably the most spot-on description of this self-serving doucher I have ever seen.

Didn't even know that the mask was a caricature of a Jewish man. Looked like Osama bin ladan with a mop top.

It's unwarranted for this act alone. He's getting it worse than Donald Sterling here.

:rofl: I don't think anybody cares about or is offended by the act it's just a witch hunt a this point because nobody likes Macklemore. Dude just rubs people the wrong way sorta like nick cannon.

Last edited:
It's unwarranted for this act alone. He's getting it worse than Donald Sterling here.

:rofl: I don't think anybody cares about or is offended by the act it's just a witch hunt a this point because nobody likes Macklemore. Dude just rubs people the wrong way sorta like nick cannon.

What specifically has he done to rub people the wrong way prior to this incident? Even if you do not like his music, it's hard to say it is completely wack. It's like people are using this opportunity to release their pent up rage from him winning Grammy's over Kendrick Lamar.

This is fire IDC what anyone says. Pre The Hiest Macklemore is good too.

Last edited:
I had no idea NT hates Macklemore this much.
mean.gif
#NTKNOWS

It had to be like 2011 when some one posted Wings.  That song was horrible, and basically cemented Macklemore as a court jester of hip hop.  Just that guy that makes songs about whatever is the hot button topic and hopes it takes off.  Then some how....god knows how...he blows up.  Meanwhile NT was saying this dude is a clown for years.  The hatred grows when you know he is a sham and the populous claims otherwise.

I give dude credit for capitalizing on his moment but i never thought it would be as long as it has been (most of the credit goes to Ryan Lewis and catchy choruses).  I still don't think this incident will effect him that much, i thought dude was trying to be humpty hump 
ohwell.gif

I saw Macklmore in concert in November along with Talib. He puts on a great show. The amount of teenie boppers that attended was
sick.gif
though.

I've been to my fair of share of shows and the only people that come even close to bringing similar energy live were Method Man and Redman.

I've seen Jay-Z, Nas, DMX, Mobb Deep, Run DMC, Lil Wayne a ton of others all in the 90's-early 2000's. A lot of snooze fests.

I honestly haven't been to as many shows as in the past, but I like to feel like I'm getting my moneys worth and the rapper/group isn't just up there tipsy collecting their check.

Any recommendations are welcome, especially those that are currently on tour.

Chance The Rapper and Asap Rocky put on phenomenal shows. My boy went to both shows with me and didn't know the material but had a good time because of the energy. Heard Gambino puts on a good performance. Pusha is the only rapper that has been in the game while giving a good concert. The other cats that have been in the game shows were mediocre.

I honestly haven't been to as many shows as in the past, but I like to feel like I'm getting my moneys worth and the rapper/group isn't just up there tipsy collecting their check.

Any recommendations are welcome, especially those that are currently on tour.

Juicy J. You'd be surprised at the massive age range of that crowd. One of the best concerts I've been to.

Juicy J. You'd be surprised at the massive age range of that crowd. One of the best concerts I've been to.

Not when I went. Crowd was damn near all in college. I shot photos front row and girls were all plastered and just being punks. I mean I am all for drunk fun but these damn chicks love Juicy and will straight get into arguments over trying to touch his hand. Good energy though and he literally gave out shots and drinks to the crowd.

juicy-j-1.png

I go to concerts a lot but more so for photos. Just some insights on the ones I been to in the past months. I've been to a Waka concert as well as, Cam'Ron, Rihanna and ASAP and even some rock ones. These are all within the half year. I am bored at work.

The Lox: Pretty good show and I am not even a fan. But since these guys are older, those once crap songs they had are actually kind of cool to hear. Plus they do all their featured songs that they do with say Ross (Blowin Money Fast) and the crowd is usually pretty mellow but also hyped as well. A lot of weed but like mature weed smokin.

lox-3.jpg

Freddie Gibbs: Another crowd that is pretty rough (I am older....32) and he brings out the young thugs. Oddly mostly non black people in the crowd here in the SF show. He had like Mexicans and whites throwin' the N-word around like crazy but to his songs. He did his whole Cocaine Pinata album, which was dope. Smoke everywhere and a lot of hate for the police.

sfc-3.jpg

De La Soul: Again I am older but funnest concert of the year for me. Just fun vibes, good crowd energy and a decently long concert at about an hour and 20 minutes.

de-la-soul-1b.jpg

KRS-ONE: Fun show too but kind of short. Not to many people there too which made it like a intimate concert for the few that were there. He sort of talks a lot of that "I am an old MC and the youth need to do this" speeches but I didn't mind it as much. Of course when he did Step Into a World, the crowd went nuts.

krs-one-4b.jpg

Masta Ace: Way boring. He literally had two songs that people in the west new. Did a lot of acapella stuff which doesn't go off well in live shows. Really don't recommend him at a show unless he opens for another act.

masta-ace-1a.jpg

GZA: Dude was drunk when I saw him and he bugged out. Dude was out of sync on songs and would let people do his verses which is kind of lame. He even had one dude practically do a whole song for him. He even got mad at the sound guy which just vibed wrong to the crowd. I think he's better when he's with the clan.

gza-3a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom