Magic Johnson, your still alive....how?

Originally Posted by SuperVi11ain

magic johnson has financial AIDS

laugh.gif
good one

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

my neighbor is piss poor and he's had aids for over 20 years

granted he doesn't look as fit as magic, but he's living.
You can't live with AIDS for over 20 years
laugh.gif
. Your neighbor is probably living with the HIV virus. Once it evolves to AIDS you're a goner. I have always believed that HIV was a man made disease and the cure has always been on hand. Pharmaceutical companies are making a very nice profit off the medication.

damn you're right, my bad. he has HIV.

Who in their right mind would release the cure if you can make bank off of medication for it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rodster831

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Money. They have a cure for HIV and AIDS however, they won't release it for reason I will keep under wraps. Just like the cure for Cancer
how are we going to believe that if you dont tell us?
Long story short: The vaccines are made by privately owned corporations witch in-turn means they could mandate the price for a vaccine and createa monopoly on the "cure for HIV and AIDS"

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Money. They have a cure for HIV and AIDS however, they won't release it for reason I will keep under wraps. Just like the cure for Cancer

speak up
Paying for HIV/AIDS/Cancer treatment + the donations for research brings in the $$$.

His HIV is contained, and his T-cells are and have been stable for a long while now. I don't think he has the same amount of T-cells as a healthy personwould though.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Who in their right mind would release the cure if you can make bank off of medication for it?
laugh.gif
this.

they have the cure for hiv, aids, and cancer. they just making money off the treatment and medicine.

$$ from cure < $$ from medicine/treatment

Originally Posted by doosta45

laugh.gif
this.

they have the cure for hiv, aids, and cancer. they just making money off the treatment and medicine.

If thats true, then thats just completely @!#!%* up

laugh.gif
this.

If this is true, which we heard this statement over and over. Then it sucks we live in a world where money comes over people. Everyone has theirown theroy about how it got here, and that the government has the cure. If they seriously do have to cure, then life is a true !++#%. Nobodys fully sure, but alot of us feel like its out there.

No cure out there. Read the article that came out like a year ago about people with HIV having healthy kids and basically living a normal life. I'm on myphone and can't post it. Also, pharma companies aren't the only ones doing research, you've got universities researching too. NIH grants too.

Also there are some people that have HIV that are basically immune to AIDS, they can live normal lives without any medicine. I forget the specific term for it.Some people are just immune to certain viruses, just the way life works

Originally Posted by Cz7

laugh.gif
this.

If thats true, then thats just completely @!#!%* up
First off there is no such thing as a cure for AIDS. Like someone said, once AIDS is fullblown, you're +$@@++. Your immunity system iscompletely shot, and it's all downhill from there.

Now the best effective viral immunization is 31% effective, which is not effective enough (70-90%), and they're still working on seeing if antibodiesattached to CD4 cells, important sentry cells in the immune system will prevent HIV from increasing in strength. Here's my source: David Ho,AIDS Researcher from January 2010 TIMES Magazine article

Now where is this real cure for AIDS, HIV and cancer? Cancer can be treated through radiation and chemotherapy although recurrence does occur. I don'tthink any of you (including me) really know the status of the research and the closeness to the goal of treating it. For those who are just saying it's outthere, thanks for your sourceless and useless input. Any moron can say that.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

my neighbor is piss poor and he's had aids for over 20 years

granted he doesn't look as fit as magic, but he's living.
You can't live with AIDS for over 20 years
laugh.gif
. Your neighbor is probably living with the HIV virus. Once it evolves to AIDS you're a goner. I have always believed that HIV was a man made disease and the cure has always been on hand. Pharmaceutical companies are making a very nice profit off the medication.
population control

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I know he's got the type of money to get the best treatment in the world but this is ridiculous. It's damn near been 20 years since he's had the disease and by this time it should have been full blown aids. Not to mention he's as big as Charles Barkley, looks completely fat and happy. Not only do I think he's got some ridiculous treatment, I honestly think he's cured and not telling anyone because others with the disease would absolutely go insane.

A better and more intriging quesyion is .... dumm dumm dumm how do you even know he even has or ever had aids/hiv. I mean look at it for what it is. Its notlike you was in the doctors office when he was diagnosed. None of use actually knows for a fact he has contracted anything.

I mean there are so many companies etc and people i know for a fact that advocate certain beliefs/causes regardless if they truly support the cause or not.Many comapnies pay and pay quite handsomely ppl to be the model/figure head for there companies/cause.

Just a thought.

speaking from a medical standpoint the HIV virus is extremely HARD to completely wipe out from the human body even with new advancements in anti-viral therapy.it is constantly mutating and whatever medications that might be working today might not work for you tomorrow.

so what does this have to do with magic's longevity? simple. the most common way the HIV virus becomes resistant to a certain anti-viral therapy isnon-adherence. if you miss a dose here and there your viral load could rebound and your medications might not work anymore leading to a drop in T-cells andeventually AIDS (there are only a limited amount of therapies available, so theoretically if you become resistant to all or most of them your pretty much deadin the water).

magic is doing so well because he has the resources to hire people dedicated to the treatment of his disease ie. tell him to take his meds, eat right, andround the clock doctors should any of his lab work come up weird. if you are on point with your care and constantly following up with your doctor you can livewith HIV for a LONG LONG time. trust me, i know. i worked at one of the largest HIV clinics in New York City and some of our patients had the OG HIV from the80s.

Back
Top Bottom