Magic Johnson's son goes public with boyfriend

So I'll edit that: Flamboyant people tend to be annoying in themselves, so being around a flamboyant person would annoy me. Same goes with most other attention grabbers.

Okay, so you wouldn't approve or more importantly be HAPPY that your son dressed in women's clothing or him being flamboyant then.  Thanks for clarifying. 

I did not say that.

I said people who seek attention annoy me.

Flamboyance =\= Sexual preference

Stop over simplifying the matter

The old bees and the bees talk
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Everybody does not just take everything in stride. I know you're "suppose" to but yes any father would be disappointed at least in the beginning. Y'all think these politicans give a damn about gay marriage?? HELL NO, they're just doing it for the votes. Hell, even Obama used it.

How do you know their sadness is directly related to a more difficult life? What if they are extremely succesful, and are accepted of their sexuality by everyone he knows? What if they are simply sad, because they self-diagnosed themselves to being a homosexual, and would prefer to be heterosexual? Hence, the term "Sexually Confused".

Your friends' and family's acceptance can make being gay easier. It doesn't make it easier than being straight though. Just look at how you view homosexuals, for christ's sake. You think acceptance within your circle means they won't be met with vitriol and disdain for something they can't help?

Why would he prefer to be heterosexual?

#NTExtremes

What does a pregnant daughter have to do with a gay son?

Of I found out my son had a happier lifestyle that fit him, happy. If my daughter thinks she is ready to take on the burden of having a child without knowledge, unhappy.

No you have this "ill be happy as long as they are happy" attitude

It's not extreme at all just showing how contradicting people are when trying to prove their opinion is a fact

Last edited:
Man your initial reaction to your son telling you he is gay is NOT gonna be like "hell yeah! Lets have a party"
That is ALL I am saying.

And why SHOULD it is my question.

Why SHOULD (implying it is the correct thing) your emotions read, "Happy" when you get that news.

Srs question, your son being gay or your daughter being one of these wshh/ig/twitter/youtube attention ******? Im talkin lil magic over the top flamboyant and twerk team/ghetto barbie whorish.

Man your initial reaction to your son telling you he is gay is NOT gonna be like "hell yeah! Lets have a party"
That is ALL I am saying.

And why SHOULD it is my question.

Why SHOULD (implying it is the correct thing) your emotions read, "Happy" when you get that news.

So if your son comes up to you and says; "Dad, I'm gay and it makes me happy."

You won't be happy your son found happiness? Or would you be too caught up on the fact he doesn't have the same sexual preference as you?

Everybody does not just take everything in stride. I know you're "suppose" to but yes any father would be disappointed at least in the beginning. Y'all think these politicans give a damn about gay marriage?? HELL NO, they're just doing it for the votes. Hell, even Obama used it.

Why do you think politicians care less than the general public? That doesn't make sense. Why would politicians feign sympathy for around 4% of the population?

You won't be happy your son found happiness? Or would you be too caught up on the fact he doesn't have the same sexual preference as you?
No, initially I would not be happy with that news.

That doesn't make me wrong.
That doesn't make me ignorant.
That doesn't make me a BIGOT. (Hot word used around here).

It just means, upon first reaction, I am NOT happy with the news.

And I don't understand why I SHOULD be happy. Meaning, I don't understand why it is RIGHT to be happy INITIALLY.

After time passes, I have no choice but to accept it, but why am I wrong for having a non-happy reaction to that?

I canNOT understand that side of your argument.

you think politicians care about anything? All they do is for the votes.

Yes indeed, that is a very mature and loving way to handle the situation. I'm sure Nate was relieved to read that letter.

Should a father be happy his son is gay? Not necessarily. Should they be happy that their son is happy? Yes, definitely.

And I don't understand why I SHOULD be happy. Meaning, I don't understand why it is RIGHT to be happy INITIALLY.

After time passes, I have no choice but to accept it, but why am I wrong for having a non-happy reaction to that?

I don't remember calling you wrong, ignorant, or bigoted. I think you should be aiming that at lobo...

I understand where you are coming from, and I understand your feelings. It just isn't right to me.

DC, I think our impasse is due to the differences in how we'd parent full stop. You'd have expectations for your son or daughter's sexual orientation and I have none. That's why I said I couldn't really answer your question; the idea of having expectations is too foreign to me. I don't think it makes you a bigot. It's just our differences in what degree our children's happiness would affect our personal happiness. I think that's the crux of all of your assertions. Cheers, man.

Last edited:
I don't remember calling you wrong, ignorant, or bigoted. I think you should be aiming that at lobo...

I understand where you are coming from, and I understand your feelings. It just isn't right to me.
Why are we labeling it right or wrong though. I am saying why does everything have to be right or wrong?

In this situation, I don't see how the initial feelings can be judged as being right or wrong.

Why does it have to be either?

I'd show happiness and in my head be like DAMN but in time be okay and be happy for him

Personally I think your just trying to prove some kind of superior status on NT and you'd have the same reaction

DC, I think our impasse is due to the differences in how we'd parent full stop. You'd have expectations for your son or daughter's sexual orientation and I have none. That's why I said I couldn't really answer your question; the idea of having expectations is too foreign to me. I don't think it makes you a bigot. It's just our differences in what degree our children's happiness would affect our personal happiness. I think that's the crux of all of your assertions. Cheers, man.
So you are telling me that you don't EXPECT (probability wise) your child to be heterosexual even though the majority of the population are practicing heterosexuals.

You can say that you might not DWELL on it, but if someone came up to you at gun point and sad, "Lobo, gay or straight" you would wager that your kid would come out straight. Why? Because the majority of people are.

So whether or not you admit it or not, you would expect your child to be straight. Even if it is subconsciously.

Again, #NTExtremes

My son is happy with a different sexual preference. Cool, doesn't hurt me in anyway. I'm happy

My son cuts off his education, that's stupid and in need of fixing.

Nobody said anything about going with the flow, there is a point when you have to get over it and be happy for your son when he has a different sexual preference.
Believe it or not, some fathers would say the exact same thing if their son told them that they were gay.  Be that reaction right or wrong. 

I'd show happiness and in my head be like DAMN but in time be okay and be happy for him

Personally I think your just trying to prove some kind of superior status on NT and you'd have the same reaction

Sometimes I just don't get you brahs, trying to prove some kind of superior status? Because I would be upset my son is gay?

*Okay.gif*

Again, #NTExtremes

My son is happy with a different sexual preference. Cool, doesn't hurt me in anyway. I'm happy

My son cuts off his education, that's stupid and in need of fixing.

Nobody said anything about going with the flow, there is a point when you have to get over it and be happy for your son when he has a different sexual preference.

Believe it or not, some fathers would say the exact same thing if their son told them that they were gay.  Be that reaction right or wrong. 

I definitely believe it. But being gay isn't handicapping his position in the world.

Having a sexual preference is not wrong, dropping out of school is

So you are telling me that you don't EXPECT (probability wise) your child to be heterosexual even though the majority of the population are practicing heterosexuals.

You can say that you might not DWELL on it, but if someone came up to you at gun point and sad, "Lobo, gay or straight" you would wager that your kid would come out straight. Why? Because the majority of people are.

So whether or not you admit it or not, you would expect your child to be straight. Even if it is subconsciously.

Expectations and mathematical probability are two different things. If I had to wager, yes I would bet that he was straight due to only 4% of the population being gay. Do I expect him to be straight? No, I have no expectations and my son won't have to worry about my expectations of him.

Back
Top Bottom