Major earthquake possibly to west coast? How do you feel bout this NT?

I live in Portland, Oregon...
frown.gif
tired.gif

"experts" have been predicting a major westcoast quake for YEARs... unless Chile, Japan, & Haiti are in the westcoast, i think its safe to say that they dont really know what theyre talking about. 

Originally Posted by proper english

"experts" have been predicting a major westcoast quake for YEARs... unless Chile, Japan, & Haiti are in the westcoast, i think its safe to say that they dont really know what theyre talking about. 
This.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

I'm ready

Seriously, me and my family are ready. We know what to gather and what to keep and where to go in case of an earthquake.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This.

And in all of those years of predictions, it's always been "the big one will come in the next 30 years."

experts have been trying to kill the west coast with an earthquake for years, as proper english already stated.

we don't get earthquakes in fresno. if it happens in cali, it'll happen in sf or la

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

This.

And in all of those years of predictions, it's always been "the big one will come in the next 30 years."
Well i hope you guys are right, but i guess we'll see if predictions are true within the next 2 weeks

any time a big quake happens, it's routine that all the news outlets start reporting that cali is about to get hit with the big one. i've also seen reports that the quake in japan has actually lessened the chances of a comparable quake happening out here. just goes to show that nobody really knows. 

i've been hearing these "big one" predictions all my life in SF. learned a long, long time ago that it's not worth stressing out over. there's no use in sitting around worried about something you can't control or see coming. just gotta be prepared and live life. 

Originally Posted by obie21

we don't get earthquakes in fresno. if it happens in cali, it'll happen in sf or la
If those tectonic plates play their cards right..
Fresno beach
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
Kinda scared, though. Earthquakes are no joke
tired.gif

This has happened before a couple times since I've been here, my house is straight

living in California there is always a possibility of a major earthquake. always be prepared and alert is all we can do. Plus hopefully all the money thrown into retro fitting will help minimize damage. But I am anxious.

I will not be heading to the Bay for a cool minute.....gonna chill here in Sactown #2012 lol

Back
Top Bottom