MAKING A MURDERER | Season 2 on October 19th!

Was Steven Avery set up to take the fall?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
This happens all the time to black men sad enough.. Although for blacks women can dream that you raped them and you get sentenced to 48 years. Then have to get out cause the original attacker finally felt bad and said he did it.. This country man..

Link:
Info:
View media item 1840610

There is no amount of money that can pay back spending time in jail for something you didn't do but I think the state should give MINIMUM $1mil/year for stuff like this. I know Avery was asking for $2mil/year and that isn't unreasonable either. They should also make sure that the accuser or people involved in getting the prisoner locked up should spend equal time, especially if they deliberately lied to get the other person locked up.

Finishing up episode 4.. This has gone too public now, something will be done.. And Avery will get millions

With all of the video evidence, expert testimony available, the tampering with evidence and individuals with conflicted interests involved.. Witness badgering and tampering

Trampling of civil rights

Rewatching this and it's insane to me that this whole thing basically snowballed into what it is because of that incident in 1985 where Steven ran his cousin off the road.

Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Bro, I just started rewatching last night and I said the exact same thing to myself. Avery simply pissed off the wrong people and it all went downhill from there. His cousin obviously couldn't stand him and she just so happened to be married to a Manitowoc Co. cop. It was a wrap right there.....crazy.

Finishing up episode 4.. This has gone too public now, something will be done.. And Avery will get millions

With all of the video evidence, expert testimony available, the tampering with evidence and individuals with conflicted interests involved.. Witness badgering and tampering

Trampling of civil rights
I wish you were right my dude. Something of this magnitude our president should be able to step in and override everything.

^ Bro, I just started rewatching last night and I said the exact same thing to myself. Avery simply pissed off the wrong people and it all went downhill from there. His cousin obviously couldn't stand him and she just so happened to be married to a Manitowoc Co. cop. It was a wrap right there.....crazy.

Yup.

She was also close friends w/ that slime ball Judy Dvorak.

The Civil rights of Blacks have been violated for centuries. Individuals such as Brian Stvenson and the innocence project have been exonerating Blacks and other people from various races  for centuries and studies show that Blacks are more likely to be wrongfully convicted, but it seems that society only cares for or  deems a wrongful conviction unjust when a white face is attached to it. 

The Civil rights of Blacks have been violated for centuries. Individuals such as Brian Stvenson and the innocence project have been exonerating Blacks and other people from various races  for centuries and studies show that Blacks are more likely to be wrongfully convicted, but it seems that society only cares for or  deems a wrongful conviction unjust when a white face is attached to it. 

Stop. When anyone of any color has a story as riveting and full of craziness as Avery's AND has a pretty damn good documentary made about it, you'll see a thread about it. People care about stories they hear about. Avery could be black, white, yellow, green or blue--wouldn't matter a damn bit to me. The creators of this doc didn't create it because Avery is white--they did it because the story is incredible.

If anything, this should open the eyes of the general public who hasn't realized how many people are wrongfully convicted, white, black or otherwise. And that's a good thing.

Obviously race plays a factor in wrongful convictions, but socioeconomic status has an even bigger role. This story illustrates that perfectly. Not everything has to be a pissing contest about who has it worse....being violated by the system is being violated by the system. You look silly trying to minimize someone's suffering because they happen to be white.

eek.gif
 What a great document. I really thought he was going to get those charges dropped. His defense team was 
smokin.gif

I'm convinced he didn't kill that lady... Seriously, how sus is it his blood sample from 1985 or whatever was tampered with?!?!? 

roll.gif
And there you have it guys.

It couldn't be that there's a 10 episode documentary on this guy that we care about it. It's because he's white!

In fact, I didn't watch this because I thought it was going to be about a black guy judging from my prejudiced brain and murder of a white woman. But when I found out he was white..... mannnn.. binge watch time!
Not serious

Last edited:
Crazy how a small community can paint an ugly description on someone because a few people didn't like them.

So what if they were different than everyone else in town. Why give the family hell like this?

glad this thread jumped and more people are watching.story is just too dam crazy to not be looked into more.hopefully something can be done.and please this isnt about race,this is purely about this innocent mans incredible and emotional journey that not even hollywood could write.anyway im def gonna rewatch.

You watched this doc and came to the conclusion that if this was a black man this would be a non story? Wow :lol:

I'd like to think that any rational person would see how screwed over the poor and uneducated are by the justice system. Whether black, white, brown, or yellow. You're poor and uneducated? Good luck getting a good defense team. Avery was fortunate he had that money from that lawsuit so he could afford 2 of the best lawyers in Wisconsin. And he STILL lost.

There's no way in hell Brendan would be spending the rest of his life in prison if had a competent attorney. Kachinsky was like he was straight from an SNL skit :smh:

Last edited:
The excused juror supposedly posted this on Facebook:

I was juror #11 Excused after 4 hrs of deliberating. After reviewing all of the DVD's from dassey interrogations which were given to me by Dean and Jerry at the Dassey trial , hearing all the evidence in the courtroom and watching making a murderer. It is clear to me that Steven did not do this. Right when we got into the deliberating room to deliberate one of the jurors who is the father of the Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy shouted it out he's guilty and refused to look at the evidence. I also met with a juror after the trial and ask him why they convicted him and his statement was think of all the things he did when he was younger. Now if that's why they convicted him that is just one more reason to have a retrial, in my opinion. And so much didn't add up to Steven doing this. Rick the excused juror.

Last edited:
Stop. When anyone of any color has a story as riveting and full of craziness as Avery's AND has a pretty damn good documentary made about it, you'll see a thread about it. People care about stories they hear about. Avery could be black, white, yellow, green or blue--wouldn't matter a damn bit to me. The creators of this doc didn't create it because Avery is white--they did it because the story is incredible.

If anything, this should open the eyes of the general public who hasn't realized how many people are wrongfully convicted, white, black or otherwise. And that's a good thing.

Obviously race plays a factor in wrongful convictions, but socioeconomic status has an even bigger role. This story illustrates that perfectly. Not everything has to be a pissing contest about who has it worse....being violated by the system is being violated by the system. You look silly trying to minimize someone's suffering because they happen to be white.
If socioeconomic  status played a bigger role than race, poor whites and blacks would be equally wrongfully convicted. The data proves that poor blacks are more likely to be wrongfully convicted than similarly situated whites. Again I hold to my original comments,  injustices in society only   gain the attention of mainstream society when whites are  subjected to injustice.

Last edited:

Point me to that hypothetical thread sir. You dont see any victim bashing in this thread like the various police shooting threads on this site. 

If socioeconomic  status played a bigger role than race, poor whites and blacks would be equally wrongfully convicted. The data proves that poor blacks are more likely to be wrongfully convicted than similarly situated whites. Again I hold to my original comments,  injustices in society only   gain the attention of mainstream society when whites are  subjected to injustice.

Kewl.

Did you actually watch the documentary? Or do you just want attention?

Being a first time father...It must have sucked for Avery having to go to jail without the opportunity to see his twin boys grow up. That must have hurt so bad.

He just doesn't look like the type of person who would commit a crime like that.

Quote:

LOL cuz everyone cared about this poor sack and his slow cousin prior to this doc right back in 2006? It wouldn't be because this doc brought more attention to his case right?

^^^ What you're saying is true. Timid isn't trying to "make this a race thing", he's just stating how there have been countless stories of injustices very similar to this with black people, and the majority of America do not bat an eye at how messed up the judicial system is. There have been Doc's and new stories about this, but they really don't resonate with mainstream America for a multitude of reasons. But once it happens to someone they can relate to better...it hits home and they begin to understand what blacks have been saying about the system for over 100 years. It's a wake up call.

However, this caught more mainstream attention because it's a great documentary on a popular platform (Netflix) with a very interesting story. Similar to how serial got popular. Adnan Sayed is a Muslim American :lol:.

Kewl.

Did you actually watch the documentary? Or do you just want attention?
I honestly doubt he did. This is nothing more than race baiting to get that keyboard warrior poppin.

I'll give dude 15 minutes to tell me what business Avery's Dad wanted to go in with him before he got incarcerated. Dad bought the tools and everything for it :nerd:

Last edited:
I honestly doubt he did. This is nothing more than race baiting to get that keyboard warrior poppin.

I'll give dude 15 minutes to tell me what business Avery's Dad wanted to go in with him before he got incarcerated. Dad bought the tools and everything for it
nerd.gif
That scene was so sad, including talking about buying Steven a house once he got out. Can you imagine having to go through YEARS of that as a parent.

Last edited:
The excused juror supposedly posted this on Facebook:
 Perhaps more to the point for Avery, the panel selected Friday includes a man whose son works for the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department and a man whose wife works for the Manitowoc County clerk of courts office. Avery, 44, is charged with killing 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach.
Found here: http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html

mean.gif
What is going on with this town??

Back
Top Bottom