MAKING A MURDERER | Season 2 on October 19th!

Was Steven Avery set up to take the fall?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Just finished episode 6 now. Man this is just mindboggling. The L's just keep coming to matter how well his attorney defends him :smh:
Eager to see how it finishes tomorrow.

Also; for god's sake can we not turn this into a race thread for once. No, we're not just suddenly caring and talking about this because he's white. We care and talk about it because it's a very gripping 10 hour series.
Can we for once just discuss the series instead of creating a race war again?

If anything this video is proof that the police corruption can run incredibly high up in the ranks of law enforcement. It can really just happen to anyone.
Nobody here is downplaying the fact that this has been happening to black people have it worse with police but can we please just drop the whole race war in here now?

Last edited:
Damn I shouldn't have even brought a different case into it  because this thread will be derailed.. 

Honestly I just seen the story I posted on WSHH the same time  I was watching it and its just another absurd conviction by the criminal justice system who convicted this man because a woman had a dream. 

Honestly POOR (or REDNECK/Trailer Trash) white people have it just as bad as blacks we can see. However this was a high profile case BECAUSE the man CLEARLY got set up twice. Thats the ONLY difference between this and any other wrongful conviction case black or white is this case had a CLEAR movie/drama like feel which is why a documentary like this was made. 

Lets keep it 100 if you watched this black or white you felt HORRIBLE inside about what happen to this not once but twice to this guy and his 16 yr old nephew an innocent bystander to the situation got dragged into because he was slow. The devil was at work in  this situation and he is at work now making NTers think this is a racial thing 
alien.gif

Last edited:
How am I race bating when empirical studies prove that when controlling for socio-economic status Blacks are stillll more likely to be wrongfully convicted and railroaded by the Cj system. I'm watching to documentary as we speak. I'm not surprised at all the justice system isn't designed to seek justice. Peep American Violent it's a great movie on the injust CJ system.

eyes.gif

How about we discuss this case, and just this case in this thread.

And you can make a new thread about that all the corrupt judicial system pertaining to blacks only.

Last edited:
:rolleyes

And you can make a new thread about that all the corrupt judicial system pertaining to blacks only.
If it offends you leave the thread. I'm not Making another thread. U CANt talk about criminal justice without talking about race. If that makes u feel uncomfortable I don't care.

Last edited:
^^^ What you're saying is true. Timid isn't trying to "make this a race thing", he's just stating how there have been countless stories of injustices very similar to this with black people, and the majority of America do not bat an eye at how messed up the judicial system is. There have been Doc's and new stories about this, but they really don't resonate with mainstream America for a multitude of reasons. But once it happens to someone they can relate to better...it hits home and they begin to understand what blacks have been saying about the system for over 100 years. It's a wake up call.

However, this caught more mainstream attention because it's a great documentary on a popular platform (Netflix) with a very interesting story. Similar to how serial got popular. Adnan Sayed is a Muslim American :lol:.
This it's extremely sad how the humanity of black victims of the CJ system is often denied and they are often criminalized. It seems that the only time the flaws and inhumane nature of the CJ system is examined deeply by society is when a white person is brutalized by the system. This docunentary is important because it shows people that although the system disproportionately targets and brutalized poor blacks, poor whites too can be targeted by the CJ system. Whites and others shouldn't ignore the ineffective CJ and only examine it when it impacts people like them. Like MLK said many moons ago a injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

One track? This thread is about 1 documentary discussing 1 case.

:rofl:
Please enlighten us further.
So since this thread is about one case we can't connect and discuss the implications of this case to broader society??? That's minimalist thinking.

Nope, just wanted to give you a chance to say what you needed to say so everyone can learn.
Yall don't want to learn lol[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Stop it...

:rolleyes

If it offends you leave the thread. I'm not Making another thread. U CANt talk about criminal justice without talking about race. If that makes u feel uncomfortable I don't care.

We're discussing the criminal justice system as it pertains to THIS story though. Discussing this story doesn't mean people don't care about the countless other people that have been screwed by the system.

If you're as concerned about black folks being railroaded in the criminal justice system as you seem to be, why have you not drawn attention to the issue on NT by making a thread? Seems to me you're just seeking more attention, which is what about 95% of your posts on NT aim to do. Unfortunately, you're getting it so I'm sure you'll stick around.

I'm black, if that matters.

We're discussing the criminal justice system as it pertains to THIS story though. Discussing this story doesn't mean people don't care about the countless other people that have been screwed by the system.

If you're as concerned about black folks being railroaded in the criminal justice system as you seem to be, why have you not drawn attention to the issue on NT by making a thread? Seems to me you're just seeking more attention, which is what about 95% of your posts on NT aim to do. Unfortunately, you're getting it so I'm sure you'll stick around.

That's your opinion. We agree to disagree... I'm half white if that matters...

Last edited:

View media item 1840988

*looks at thread title*

Opinion?  No sir, the fact that this thread is about the Netflix series is not an opinion.  

*looks at thread title*

Opinion?  No sir, the fact that this thread is about the Netflix series is not an opinion.  
One can talk about the thread title in various ways that are not directly connected to the thread tittle but still apply to the topic. Again I'll post as I please if you have a prob with it u can block me or report me. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
It's sad how they coerced his nephew to confess, but it happens all the time.

This isn't a general thread, it's specifically about this documentary and this case. We know who it mostly affects, there's a thread already for my man who was freed after 28 years because a white lady had a dream.

This isn't a general thread, it's specifically about this documentary and this case. We know who it mostly affects, there's a thread already for my man who was freed after 28 years because a white lady had a dream.
Ok...

Back
Top Bottom