Man kills his own son in self defense.

i wonder out of all the ppl commenting on here has actually shot a man or even killed a man before... outside of video games..? how many ppl has been robbed had a gun and been in this situation..? or how many ppl are just talking based on a few rounds at a gun range. or what they seen in a movie.

This...If you haven't seen the effect of someone taking one to the arm or leg with your own eyes don't speak on what I said.  My comment is based on experience I'm not just some idiot talking out the side of my neck like some of you. 

Tragic indeed,

But come on man, you can't be lurking in people's neighborhoods late at night with a ski mask on carrying a knife? What the hell is supposed to happen?

I can't believe some people can't rationalize what his father did? Post midnight someone charging at me with a knife and a ski mask and I have a gun? What the hell am I supposed to do? Aim for his leg? :lol: That sucker must die right there.

The fact that that person was his son is really heavy though man. |I How in the world is this guy going to live knowing that he did this? Wouldn't wish this on anybody.

This...If you haven't seen the effect of someone taking one to the arm or leg with your own eyes don't speak on what I said.  My comment is based on experience I'm not just some idiot talking out the side of my neck like some of you. 
well i have on several occasions thru my military background and i have in life... and it varies depending on the person... ive seen ppl shoot and iuno wtf was on their minds and bust a few in a man off pure adrenaline and fear, hell my unc was blind sided confronted by a junkie and str8 domed shot him out of i guess pure paranoia, and ive seen him do as u said shoot a man in a limb just to show he means biz. heat of the moment, situations, mindset etc... are all factors. And alot of times reasoning and sound mind kinda goes out the window when being in a life or death situation, or in a rush.. and instincts play a factor as well. i never knew instinctively what i would do if i had to split second shoot a man until i was in that moment. so to suggest a person would make a sound methodical decision in a frantic,impulsive,unpredictable moment is kinda out the window. a split second moment doesnt warrant time to make well thought out decision. if it did there wouldnt be a thing such as premeditated and heat of the moment passion crimes. all murders would be just that murders...

i wonder out of all the ppl commenting on here has actually shot a man or even killed a man before... outside of video games..? how many ppl has been robbed had a gun and been in this situation..? or how many ppl are just talking based on a few rounds at a gun range. or what they seen in a movie.

Of course I don't want to kill anyone. But if some dude is charging at me, what would a person who's never handled a gun first instinct be? To aim down, fire at his legs and hopefully clip him or to shoot his chest which is a larger target? You make it sound very easy to aim for the leg. No experience here, but it seems that shooting at the chest is the easier shot to take.

I feel bad for the dad, I really do. I can only imagine his regret.

There is a lot missing in this tragedy.

Like why is there a 15 yea old wearing a ski mask?  What was at his aunt's house that made him resort to such nonsense?  

What is he doing out at 1am anyway?  How was the father's relationship with the son?

Frankly, a 15 year old boy isn't going to just lunge at their father with a gun, especially one who apparently had his head on his shoulders.  There has to be more to this story.

Back
Top Bottom