Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

Ehhh....I could get why people would be surprised. They might assume change = radically different. Like, the Batman 1989 theme and the Batman Begins theme are very different from each other, but they're in the same family. They share chords, but the latter's been molded to be less fantastical and regal, and more grounded and restrained.
I think when they say they won't use John Williams' score, they mean, we won't do what Singer did and give you, every step of the way, a jerkoff of the og films. We'll make it our own.

I guess I can see it from that point. On another note, I just saw the leaked SDCC trailer and the music is pretty damn inspirational although it's a bit hard to make out what's on screen. I could've sworn Superman walk walking on clouds at one point(maybe a dream/vision?). And I've been an Iron Man fan since forever and although I can't wait for IM3 next year, Man of Steel has become my most anticipated movie of 2013.

repost, old one got taken down

I dont get it...all this comotion about the soundtrack, and then they just go and repurpose the music from

THE THIN RED LINE???

seems weird to just recycle that Hanz Zimmer soundtrack, does that mean they have not revealed the actual music??

I dont get it...all this comotion about the soundtrack, and then they just go and repurpose the music from
THE THIN RED LINE???
seems weird to just recycle that Hanz Zimmer soundtrack, does that mean they have not revealed the actual music??

Nope, they haven't revealed the music yet and likely won't till pretty close to its release next year.

THE THIN RED LINE???

Nope, they haven't revealed the music yet and likely won't till pretty close to its release next year.

Ok. Thanks for the answer, that makes much more sense.
If they are using Hanz Zimmer's Thin Red Line soundtrack for inspiration than they are on the right track, I have high hopes

On a side note, as BOSS as the original John Williams theme is, my personal favorite has always been the Krypton Theme,
which is the first 1:30 of this vid

always gets me

edit: Pro TIp
watch the 2012 MoS trailer on mute, and play the Krypton Theme in the background, if you dont get chills youre not human

Last edited:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172947-david-s-goyer-talks-about-writing-man-of-steel

David S. Goyer Talks About Writing Man of Steel

Moderator: You are quite good at writing two kinds of stories: fantasy completely original stories, with a supernatural aspect, and also adaptations (especially from comic-books) that you reinvent in an original way. We know you're working on a new comic-book adaptation, a DC Comics adaptation. What does this work have in common with you previous works?

David Goyer: Are we talking about Man of Steel? What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is trying to bring the same naturalistic approach that we used adopted for the Batman trilogy. We always had a naturalistic approach, we want out stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in. It's not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn't necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would have the presence of Superman in the real world? What I really like to do is writing "genre" stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci's Demons, and I'll do the same with Man of Steel.

I believe this was a discussion earlier in the thread.

Warner Bros. Wins Legal Battle Over Superman

It was announced yesterday (via THR) that a federal judge has ruled in favor of Warner Bros. in relation to their stake in the copyright of Superman. The suit was brought up by Jean Peavy, who is the sister of Superman co-creator Joe Shuster, as a 'termination notice' on the copyright to the character. Judge Otis D. Wright ruled that an agreement made in 1992 by Peavy negated their current attempt at a termination notice.

When Shuster died in 1992, Peavy was named the sole successor and heir to the Superman property. She wrote to DC to collect "her brother's final debts and expenses." Then Executive VP Paul Levitz agreed and said, "This agreement would represent the author/heir's last and final deal with DC, and would fully resolve any past, present, or future claims against DC," to which Peavy said she agreed and would not attempt "to reclaim the Superman copyright."

The Judge ruled "the 1992 Agreement, which represented the Shuster heirs’ opportunity to renegotiate the prior grants of Joe Shuster’s copyrights, superseded and replaced all prior grants of the Superman copyrights. The 1992 Agreement thus represents the parties’ operative agreement and, as a post-1978 grant, it is not subject to termination."

So it's going to be in 3D.

As per Spinoff Online:

Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures have confirmed that director Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel will be released in 3D, as well as in 2D and IMAX.

“Anticipating how audiences today embrace 3D, we designed and photographed the movie in a way that would allow Man of Steel to captivate those movie-goers, while respecting fans who prefer a more traditional cinematic experience,” Snyder said in a statement. “We’ve taken great measures to ensure the film and the story come first, and 3D is meant as an enhancement.”

Written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer and Christopher Nolan, Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill as Clark Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Ayelet Zurer as Lara Lor-Van, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, Antje Traue as Faora, Harry Lennix as General Swanwick and Christopher Meloni as Col. Hardy. The film opens June 14, 2013.

Original article at this link: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/11/08/man-of-steel-confirmed-for-3d/

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173729-help-reveal-an-exclusive-from-man-of-steel

In preparation for the release of The Dark Knight Rises on DVD and Blu-ray, Warner Bros. is offering what they call an 'Exclusive Reward' from Man of Steel for sharing the countdown. We've included the countdown to the release below, so now it's your turn! (just click on the bottom section to see the sharing options.)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...confirms-man-of-steel-trailer-with-the-hobbit

Zack Snyder Confirms Man of Steel Trailer with The Hobbit

Speculation began last week that we'd be seeing trailers for Man of Steel and The Wolverine in a few weeks with Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Earlier today, director James Mangold said there wouldn't be a trailer for The Wolverine yet, but now director Zack Snyder says there WILL be a trailer for the Superman movie (via MTV).

"It's fun. I can't wait for 'The Hobbit,' so it will be fun to see our crazy 'Man of Steel' trailer and then enjoy the Hobbit because that's going to be great," said Snyder. "It just feels like a fun Christmas thing to do, drag the whole family out for that action."

He also teased the performance of Michael Shannon as General Zod.

"I was just incredibly fortunate to play with those guys who really were giving all they had to bring a level of commitment to the scenes they have together so that audiences will get an opportunity to really have their heroes taken seriously. As serious as I was taking it, and I don't mean that from a depressing kind of way but from a, 'This is important and fun and needs to be given the respect that it deserves,' from that perspective it was so exciting to watch them drink the Kool-Aid of that concept and go all the way."

Snyder is well into the post-production for the film and is nothing but enthusiastic about it: "I'm super psyched. It's really fun. I have no superhero fatigue."

new poster

Well he is a boy scout and it isn't far fetch for him to surrender and give when the government asks him to.

pretty much. Batman would be the one to escape, Diana would start a ruckus, and supes would jsut go along with it

that teaser trailer looked interesting. i refuse to watch the abundance of trailers that proliferate the messageboards, youtube etc, prior to a movie's release. they always show way too much. they should have never shown the football field blowing up in the trailer for the dark knight. i even switch channels when commercials for the hobbit come on tv. it's stupid how much they give away - makes me happy that i download way more movies than i pay for.

that being said, i'll probably see this in the theater.

Back
Top Bottom