Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

They didn't actually talk for 8 hours a day... they had the phones on overnight while she was in the hospital (or so he thought)

Theres really only 2-3 people that actually know the truth in this still.

So this dude would call her phone, and just sit there in silence????

He was probably catfished at first, but there is no way someone could believe all this for 3 years without ever seeing the girl. She was a "world traveler helping children" and she didn't have the time to travel to South Bend to see him? What about Skype? He never thought to try and talk to her over a webcam? This isn't the 90's man. This dude is making himself look like a gullible fool that is stupid as hell. I still think he is hiding something. And I can't wrap my head around him coming out into the media telling them about his "gf" when he knew it was fake. If he was smart he would have kept his business to himself and not brought it to national attention.

McNulty's phantom serial killer in season 5
laugh.gif
dog....... 
I'm still in season 4 
ohwell.gif

Imagine if this guy gets drafted by a team like the Jets.

He would get eaten alive out here.

^ Making fun of people? Not at all. :smokin

If it were, lobotomy & Grizzly would be fugitives. :lol:

I'm not sure why either, but they definitly are.

it's annoying to see the media's credibility drop so low. Think it started when they didn't do **** during the WMD's in Iraq boatload of crap they helped feed us.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manti-teo-tells-katie-couric-briefly-lied-girlfriend/story?id=18290412

They got this bastard sitting with his parents next to him crying, talking about how good of a kid he is and ****. I knew that with Katie Couric it would be some soft *** questions but they couldn't even get a one on one interview with the dude. :stoneface:

I don't know why ESPN wants to cover up for this kid so bad, but there must be some reason....

It's like ESPN built this dude up so much they want to believe him. Didn't they sit on this story for a few days? When it finally came out they looked so depressed reporting it. :lol:

Now all we gonna hear is how great of a kid Manti is and how evil the internet is. :lol:

Last edited:
Yall should go on deadspin and look at the twitter history of Lennay Kekua...If you saw how deep this dude started his con, and how dude was just fishing for players until he landed Te'o. Dude would just have fake conversations with himself and created a fake history he'd live out day by day.

That's what gets lost in this. Te'o is the least interesting person in this story.

Yall should go on deadspin and look at the twitter history of Lennay Kekua...If you saw how deep this dude started his con, and how dude was just fishing for players until he landed Te'o. Dude would just have fake conversations with himself and created a fake history he'd live out day by day.

That's what gets lost in this. Te'o is the least interesting person in this story.

So they did it all for laughs? This is more like a high school prank than a con/scam. Te'o wasn't conned or scammed out of anything imo. He's the only one that had anything to gain.

It feels like the kid is just a sociopath. I mean, he got off on this fake life he was building. He started telling all these lies and fake asking for magazine jobs before Te'o got involved. I think fake Lennay had 1000 followers before she 'met' Te'o...and just the stuff he'd post. You would think it's one of those se twitter attention ******.

Suddenly, I almost understand how he got duped in the beginning. Between the fake relatives that he set up to vouch for himself, and fake weddings 'she' would be busy going to, no wonder he'd believe it was too much to be fake. I think this kid wanted to know what it was like to be one of those twitter ******, or is gay and wanted to hit on guys or wanted to troll and let it become something else.

I don't know. But someone needs to interview that guy.

I'm not sure why either, but they definitly are.

it's annoying to see the media's credibility drop so low. Think it started when they didn't do **** during the WMD's in Iraq boatload of crap they helped feed us.
what crazy is how quick they dropped EVERYTHING on this topic...nothing is mentioned anymore. lol #clowns

It's like ESPN built this dude up so much they want to believe him. Didn't they sit on this story for a few days? When it finally came out they looked so depressed reporting it. laugh.gif

This is actually ESPN's standard operating procedure for their hand picked heroes.

Sit on it and stall and check facts and re check facts and then when facts are indeed true re check again and hope they have changed. Then cover it at last resort.

We saw it with the Roethlisberger assault stories, the Favre dong shots story, and now the Te'o story.

But hey, it's hard to get their script writers to move to another room and cover this story the day it broke when they are all knee deep in "any other ways we can we present the Lakers as being in a crisis?" meetings.

Back
Top Bottom