Manti Te'o's Girlfriend Never Existed

Dude defending is probably Samoan :lol: one thing for sure is that nfl teams won't fall for that bs story

Why are people so up in this wack story? We got grown men gossiping and curious to find out about a 22years old kid imaginary girlfriend? Damn.

What's next? A one hour decision similar to Lebron decision? Lol the whole America is going to stop what they're doing and tune in to watch

If you don't care, exit the thread.. Stop tryna be the cool guy, someone already beat you to it

Am I the only one that doesn't feel that this is as important as they're making it out to be? This nonsense is getting the same coverage that the Penn state scandal received.

Dude got catfished. It's over.

The point that he lied is already over and done with. The thing now is that the publicity he received from said faked relationship was used to his advantage. The attention he gained was not unwanted by him either. He's done multiple interviews about the faked relationship. His sob stories could of been planted by him to gain heisman votes, endorsements in the future, and potentially a high NFL draft number. That's what this is all about now.

And this "sheltered" and "socially inept" **** that people are pulling out their *** needs to be dead quick too. Not only is the guy the VOCAL LEADER OF HIS ENTIRE TEAM, it's already been talked about by teammates how the dude loved attention and would point himself out every time he'd see himself on TV. Watch his interviews and speeches....he's not some awkward, shy dude. He's gotta personality and cockyness about him. And don't even bring up the Mormon angle...I know Mormons that get down. Stillman White, the white kid that played for UNC last year and left for his mission trip, partied and hit up girls all the time back home in Wilmington where I'm from. This Mormon chick I went to school with got smashed by half my friends.

And this loser wilbon had the audacity to say he was "simple" and "childlike"

Espn got fooled by this guy and then let him fool them again with that ridiculous interview that they took at face value

Disgusting network

Screenshots from 2010:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/college...s-prank?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

‏@Deadspin
Kinda lost the thread on the current Domer Truther conspiracy model, but: we're scuzzbags, not liars. When we've paid sources, we say so.

View media item 226438
They're starting to look as pathetic as Manti.

and ND is still stupid:

The South Bend Tribune published a thorough accounting of Notre Dame’s reaction to the Manti Te’o/Lennay Kekua affair. This accounting revealed Notre Dame’s “investigation” to be cursory, almost designed not to find anything unsavory. It confirmed what Te’o intimated in the ESPN interview. Investigators, hired a week after speaking to Te’o, conducted no interviews. Investigating something that happened on the Internet, they did not examine e-mails, cell phone records or any other form of electronic correspondence.

The investigation ordered by Notre Dame was limited to the electronic search, Brown said. Investigators did not interview Te’o or his family, nor did anyone attempt to contact Ronaiah Tuiasosopo or any of his relatives.

In response to questions, university officials said the investigators did not examine cell phone records, e-mails or other electronic communication to determine the length or extent of Te’o’s communication over the past few years with the person claiming to be Lennay Kekua, nor did the university ask Te’o to take a lie detector test.

Notre Dame’s investigation seemed to accomplish two things. It used “sophisticated databases” to confirm Kekua did not exist. It made sure the university was not liable or further involved. The school claims it decided not to go public before the game because it would be “a circus” and “unfair to the players.” (That’s what this multi-billion dollar tax-free industry is about, right? The players?) They agreed to let Te’o and his agent (hired after the game) handle the reveal, which did not happen before the Deadspin piece ran.

This whole Te’o scandal is a puzzle with pieces missing. Notre Dame had no interest in looking under couch cushions to find them.

Last edited:
Why are people so up in this wack story? We got grown men gossiping and curious to find out about a 22years old kid imaginary girlfriend? Damn.

What's next? A one hour decision similar to Lebron decision? Lol the whole America is going to stop what they're doing and tune in to watch

If you don't care, exit the thread.. Stop tryna be the cool guy, someone already beat you to it

Word. Dudes will take time out of their life to tell others they shouldn't be talking about something, lol

This story is so interesting because 1, he could've won a damn Heisman, 2, I feel like he's lying and I'd like to know why, and 3, I'd like to see how this affects him in the draft/league. Dudes will be using this to mess with him in games, lol

Im starting to think he really did get catfished. Look at those fb screenshots from 2010. You telling me he planned all this 3 years ago?

Alright what the hell is going on here...? Now it makes me feel like the thing was that the dude kinda got catfished at first, found out about it and then just played along the rest of the way to gain some publicity. There is no way...I repeat, no ******g way that a group of people would do this to Te'o for 3 damn years just for the fun of it. They had absolutely nothing to gain. And the thing is...this all could really be figured out in about 20 minutes if you just looked at these people and Te'o's phone records.

This really is the weirdest story I've ever heard.

Alright what the hell is going on here...? Now it makes me feel like the thing was that the dude kinda got catfished at first, found out about it and then just played along the rest of the way to gain some publicity. There is no way...I repeat, no ******g way that a group of people would do this to Te'o for 3 damn years just for the fun of it. They had absolutely nothing to gain. And the thing is...this all could really be figured out in about 20 minutes if you just looked at these people and Te'o's phone records.

This really is the weirdest story I've ever heard.

I agree. Also, it's now being spun so we think of Te'o as a "sympathetic" figure in all of this. **** that. This is the same dude writing letters to parents of cancer-stricken kids as of 3-4 months ago :smh:

Alright what the hell is going on here...? Now it makes me feel like the thing was that the dude kinda got catfished at first, found out about it and then just played along the rest of the way to gain some publicity. There is no way...I repeat, no ******g way that a group of people would do this to Te'o for 3 damn years just for the fun of it.
This is what I've been thinking as well.

[quote name="DaBottom305"][quote name="NationalTruckerDave"][quote name="AlphaWolf"]Why are people so up in this wack story? We got grown men gossiping and curious to find out about a 22years old kid imaginary girlfriend? Damn.[/quote]If you don't care, exit the thread.. Stop tryna be the cool guy, someone already beat you to it[/quote]Word. Dudes will take time out of their life to tell others they shouldn't be talking about something, lol

This story is so interesting because 1, he could've won a damn Heisman, 2, I feel like he's lying and I'd like to know why, and 3, I'd like to see how this affects him in the draft/league. Dudes will be using this to mess with him in games, lol[/quote]Truth be told, I'm w/ Alpha. I mean, females who gossip have perfectly good reasons for why they do that as well.

Bottom line is, dude is some sort of combination of:
- excellent football player
- lying attention *****
- delusional simp
- hopeless romantic
- socially awkward

To what degree is he those things? And which of those things is he not? And much more importantly...

What channels are the conference championship games on today?

Jesus, Where in the world am I defending him?

Deadspin is looking silly since the day after they broke this. Did you watch that CNN interview? They did a great job reporting this and breaking the news, since then they've been inferring he's involved and looking for anyway to tie that in - when they have nothing but an anonymous '80%' source.

Jesus, Where in the world am I defending him?

Deadspin is looking silly since the day after they broke this. Did you watch that CNN interview? They did a great job reporting this and breaking the news, since then they've been inferring he's involved and looking for anyway to tie that in - when they have nothing but an anonymous '80%' source.
I'm far from a Notre Dame fan and I agree. Like you said, they did a remarkable job on the story but instead of just laying all the facts out and having the people decide...they came to their own conclusion and want YOU to come to their conclusion as well. It's almost as if they figured the story wouldn't evolve any further from their article and others wouldn't try to seek out info themselves.

I'm still keeping an open mind about this stuff but I will say though that as the days pass and more **** starts coming out (like those screenshots of FB messages)...Manti's version of events is holding up.

When people are saying 3-4 years that Te'o got played (allegedly), is that an exaggeration or accurate? I haven't played that close attention but I thought it was a year?

Oh and I agree with the thought that he got catfished but then went with it, either or both to not be embarrassed or to gain sympathy.

Last edited:
I've learned one thing from all of this: catfishing celebrities is gonna become the next fad. it sounds like a lot of fun.

It's not gonna become a trend

Athletes/celebs get real life yambs, I'm sure they don't rely on Internet relationships

The general idea of "Catfishing" has been around for years and not all of it involve elaborate schemes...where do you think the term "Myspace angles" came from?

Rely on it? No. Use it to set up action in other cities? Definitely.

When people are saying 3-4 years that Te'o got played (allegedly), is that an exaggeration or accurate? I haven't played that close attention but I thought it was a year?

Oh and I agree with the thought that he got catfished but then went with it, either or both to not be embarrassed or to gain sympathy.
The story broke that he had a gf this year but he said they've been in a "relationship" for 3 years

What I don't understand about that theory, would mean that he got scammed by a guy who pretended to be his girlfriend, but when he found out he made friends with that guy and decided they should work together?  Like, he wasn't angry, he was like "Okay bro, you just ran an elaborate scam on me, want to become my partner now?"

Word. Dudes will take time out of their life to tell others they shouldn't be talking about something, lol

This story is so interesting because 1, he could've won a damn Heisman, 2, I feel like he's lying and I'd like to know why, and 3, I'd like to see how this affects him in the draft/league. Dudes will be using this to mess with him in games, lol

And you're taking time out of your life to tune in a worthless gossip about someone else life lol
I bet you're the type that watch desperate housewives and tmz regularly

I'm just baffle on how fast this bs story have blow up. It's amazing how people are so nosy especially in this social media age.

Imo people are rooting to see this guy fail. They're gossiping and hoping that he get exposed so they can point and laugh. Most people lives are so non significant and boring that they can't wait to find the truth of this wack story lol.

In the end espn and other network win. This type of bs create rating for them.

allen is doming up for his boy buttttttttt it's looking like manti is just a loser ***/dumb athlete who passed on campus vagina for a chick in cali and got tricked like hell 
laugh.gif
 and instead of moving on once he got tricked he fabricated the story for his benefit which still makes him look like a loser who just so happens to be a decent linebacker.....its just sad that story helped him win those awards cause he dead *** stole awards from oh boy from Georgia 

so in the end keep this ****** far away from the patriots.....and hopefully he gets harassed like hell on the next level

Back
Top Bottom