March Wrestling Thread/April Thread will be up on the second /WM Week

1hle5d.jpg

Why is this joke still a thing

@bigego24

That green might finally become legal in NJ

Might need some recommendations when it do :nerd:

you ain't getting ****. new governor just got elected at like 9 this morning, you know damn well you wont see a store until 2023.

Damn Enzo and Cass were over...

in my mind, Cass is bound to see that Enzo's *** is finally cashing those verbal checks, which was his entire beef with dude.

if he comes back and starts being Enzo's Gundam again like nothing happened, that would be fine with me.

Michaels is obviously the far better wrestler, but Goldberg was definitely a much bigger attraction.

somebody said that in-ring ability is the least important aspect of being a professional wrestler, and although I don't necessarily agree, Hogan-Rock.

whats up with Big cass anyway. Any updates on his recovery?

Enzo is wayyyyyyyyyy too good on the mic he not going anywhere

even as a heel cats still want to sing along

still injured/rehabbing.l think him and carmella split as well
there was a time where i thought vince was ready to push him to the top spot :lol:

Last edited:
WWE takes over two boroughs of New York for a BIG night at Raw’s original home at The Manhattan Center and the company’s second home in the city, Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.

The Headliner(s)
There will be Legends all over the place at both venues. And while some of them will only be there to hit their finishers on Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder, who were placed in that role with a promo touting their old school cred last Monday, some of that will be revealing/teasing roles for Sunday’s pay-per-view (PPV)... and beyond.

While the pops for Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho (probably) and others will be loud, it probably will be nothing compared to whatever happens when the gong strikes and the lightning strikes to signal the return of The Undertaker.

But, wait, you say. Didn’t The Dead Man retire at WrestleMania 33? We saw him leave his hat and duster in the ring, break kayfabe to visit with his family, then cut a promo as Mark Calloway about George Strait! Plus, Roman Reigns claimed the yard and The Phenom didn’t argue!

Welcome to wrestling, where HBK is the only person who stays retired. That’s not for sure of course (Taker’s comeback, not Shawn’s commitment to not wrestling), but the rumormongers seem to agree he’ll be in the ring in New Orleans, and WWE was awfully careful to never say “he’s done”.

[sarcasm font] Coincidentally [/sarcasm font], the man reports indicate he’ll be facing on April 8 will also be on hand for the big party tonight. Free Agent John Cena is taking a break from movie making and wedding planning - and representing SmackDown at Survivor Series - to celebrate 25 years of Raw.

Could they interact and set up a dream match a lot of us gave up on last year? That’s the big question. Personally, I’m guessing they will... or that Taker will declare for the Rumble and the set-up will happen there. But we should know a lot more after Raw 25, so we’ll have a lot more to discuss/debate/complain about in a few hours.

The title scene
He’s received treatment at that medical facility, and Universal champion Brock Lesnar is back. What will he have to say to Braun Strowman after The Monster Among Men yanked a whole section of the set down on him a couple weeks back? Did he see Braun flip that semi? Maybe Paul Heyman should tell his client to save it for Sunday. Oh yeah, Kane will also be there... tonight and in the Triple Threat at Royal Rumble.

Getting top billing for Raw 25 above even returning stars like Austin and Scott Hall is the Intercontinental title battle between Reigns and The Miz. The two have traded shots, online and face-to-face, since The A-Lister returned earlier this month, but champ got the last laugh when he defeated Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas last Monday. The Miztourage will probably be looking to help their boss get his belt back, but maybe Reigns will get help from...

... tag champ Seth Rollins. Seeing as his partner, Jason Jordan, has been kept out of the ring with a nagging injury and their opponents for Sunday, The Bar, can’t even beat Titus Worldwide right now.

Did Women's titleholder Alexa Bliss actually get what she wanted last week when Asuka injured Nia Jax? The Goddess has been trying to keep her two biggest rivals at odds with each other. Now if she could just keep her alleged friend Nia away from...

... Cruiserweight champion Enzo Amore. Of course, Cedric Alexander is probably just fine with Zo staying preoccupied with Jax, and hanging with Dave Chappelle and stuff, if it allows him to stay rolling against Amore and his “Train” on the tracks to their bout at the PPV.

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- Once and future rivals for brand supremacy Shane McMahon, The New Day, AJ Styles and Charlotte Flair will be here to help celebrate... which makes sense since they all used to work here. Will the competitive fire reignite their Survivor Series feud, or will that be saved for the ONE TIME A YEAR RAW AND SMACKDOWN SUPERSTARS GO HEAD-TO-HEAD?

- It’s possible we could see names from the past who are appearing on tonight’s episode show up in either of Sunday’s battle royals, but the ladies especially need a few wrestlers to fill out their 30. Could it be Trish? Will it be Torrie? Plan on being excited... but maybe not too excited.

- We haven’t heard much on Paige other than that she won’t be in the Rumble. She did a good job leading her Absolution troops to a victory last week, though.

- Goldust is a Cruiserweight legend. That is all.

It’s the Royal Rumble ‘go home’ show!

What will you be looking for on Raw tonight?

Same here man. I think Barclay's gets Austin, Taker, and that may be it as far as top legends go :smh: .

Supposedly we're getting dark matches as the Manhattan Center portion is live from 7:30-9 or something like that? Then Barclay's goes live 9-11. Have you read this too?
I have not see that and I have been checking the dirts feverishly today. I can' see them having dark Matches in one spot while the other is live. I would assume there will be alot of down time bUT I really have no clue.

WWE has a long history with the City That Never Sleeps, going back to when Vince McMahon, Sr. ran the company as the northeast territory with an extra ‘W’ and a different final letter in its name.

Noteworthy for today (Jan 22), of course, is that the first episode of Raw emanated from The Manhattan Center. That will be one of two venues where 25 years of WWE’s Monday night flagship will be celebrated tonight, along with Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

But the company’s stars have been all over New York this morning, as the promotional push for Raw 25 - and a big week which will culminate with Royal Rumble and the start of the road to WrestleMania 34 this weekend - is in full swing.

Free Agent John Cena hosted a portion of Today for NBC before returning to fellow Universal channel USA this evening...

You know what they say about New York, New York, so I guess WWE has made... IT.

Don't you sass me.

Just say no. Drugs are bad for your mind, body and soul.

fallyall.gif

In American wrestling, yes, I do agree for the most part. The micwork/charisma/personality/etc is what separates everyone.

which makes it even more interesting that so few human beings can pull it off in a memorable way.

that's a unique set of skills for a person to have, and honestly, kind of a strange way to apply those skills.

consider that a person possessed of IT could likely also be a politician, a salesman, a public speaker, or a cult leader along with being a pretty damn good athlete.

For Raw 25, Newsweek caught up with the man responsible for much of the music fans (at least fans who’ve been watching WWE since their Attitude Era peak at the turn of the century) think of when they think of the Monday night institution.

Jim Johnston wrote the themes for Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, D-Generation X and many others. He also left the company last Fall in a decision which was rumored to not have been mutually agreed upon.

He spoke to his exit in the interview, and his answer supports those reports - but also seems like he was ready to go:

“My last few years with WWE were sadly filled with a lot of politics. It was disappointing because I didn’t think I could contribute in the way I would have preferred. It was probably best I’m no longer there.

... I was not happy with where things were going musically in the company and I wasn’t contributing in the way I wanted to. So when Vince [McMahon] gave me the leaving orders, that was probably the best thing for us both.”

In talking more about “where things were going musically in the company”, Johnston insists his critique of the current music being produced by CFO$ (the duo of John Paul Alicastro and Michael Conrad Lauri) isn’t influenced by his departure, or personal animosity towards his replacements. But he’s really not a fan, and he doesn’t think their tunes are helping create stars like his did:

“I’m not working with them so I don’t know what their directives are. All I can react to is what I’m hearing. I’m sure they’re talented guys. But what’s being produced just feels too homogenous. It’s just music that plays—it doesn’t feel like each guy is really themed. All the women have a dance music kind of thing. And it’s lots and lots of loud sound effects.

What makes me the worst is not anything that happened to me, or any negativity towards those composers...I feel bad for the talent trying to build careers for themselves when I just don’t feel they’re being served well enough to become stars. Before “Stone Cold” was “Stone Cold” he was The Ringmaster. The Ringmaster’s theme was something I wrote for him. The music can make such a difference in the person and how they perform. That same guy who was dead-in-the-water as The Ringmaster, a couple of tweaks, different music, different attitude, and he becomes one of the most popular people in the history of the genre.

I’m wondering who is working currently at WWE who is an absolute superstar but, who, because they’re wrapped in a homogenous piece of clothing, they’re stuck and can’t break out? I would hope they would try to really brand each guy and each woman as an individual.”

Check out the whole interview here for a lot more from Johnston on his work with WWE, most of which is positive!

And let us know your take on his review of WWE’s current music scene - is there something to his criticism, or is this just sour grapes?

Back
Top Bottom