Marcus Jordan:NO ONE should EVER com par kobe Bryant to my dad

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

You messed it up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

yes we are mr. celtic fan, yes we are. because dudes on here give mj a free pass for stuff they crucify kobe and other players for on.

u preach the gospel!!!!!!!
roll.gif

bunch a hypocrites in here
laugh.gif

maybe its because mj is on the cover of 2k11 that the entire top flite MJ internet security guards are out in full force
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

yes we are mr. celtic fan, yes we are. because dudes on here give mj a free pass for stuff they crucify kobe and other players for on.
The reason majority of people give MJ a pass because he's being himself.  MJ has never acted fake or did something just for the media and thats what I feel people appreciate.

bein himself???? he kissed the media's *+% everytime which is why they always had his back and kept his image in check. when he was *%**#%$ white chicks behind jaunita's back guess how many times that got coverage??? one *%**#%$ episode of hard copy
laugh.gif
son was addicted to white women and gambling. 

make no mistake. we appreciated his on court talent and NOT his personality...

MJ has never acted fake or did something just for the media and thats what I feel people appreciate
smh lemme save that sentence

and
roll.gif
 at the space jam analogy

Yeah as MJ's son with no chance at the NBA and only playing teams because you're MJ's son.. You should just be quiet... No need for him to talk

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

gosh im tired of kobe comparison.

kobe just try to get 5 more finals mvp, 5 more regular season mvp, 9 more scoring titles, dpoy...

now you're good.

this gets annoying... come on kobe..
it's not even about that though......kobe had an awful game, one of the worst games in finals history for a guy of his caliber. he not only shot horribly, but most of his shots were forced. even when we thought he had it together in the 4th, it managed to throw up a brick with 30 seconds left just to have gasol get the game winning rebound. i'm really surprised kobe didnt lose this game for the lakers. also throw in that 25% FG in the 4th Q of this series. best closer in the game huh?

kobe had one good game this series, and that was in a loss. imo he played horrible in the finals and didnt deserve finals mvp...

he should not have been compared to jordan...and this series made it that much more obvious
applause.jpg

Ain't nothing more refreshing than the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hate this...I swear I hate this.

When are people going to get over the fact that people ARE going to compare Kobe to Jordan? God just get over this. I am sick of seeing these dumb threads. The guy is never going to be Jordan. All he can be is Kobe Bryant. While he may not have the best stats in the finals he finds a way to keep getting rings.

I could care less about his personality. I could care less that he acts just like Jordan I could care less about any of the other dumb crap that is brought up both ways. At the end of the day the man has 5 rings. He has some great stats in the regular season and some in the playoffs. His finals stats aren't great but I know most players in the NBA wish they had what he had. When its all said and done he is going to have one of the best careers in the NBA.

I just don't get why some people act like its a sin to compare the 2. You know people are going to believe what they want to believe no matter how many stats you throw in the picture. It's not always going to be about stats. Hell some people believe mike is the greatest but I know players with better stats then him. Look at Bill Russel. He has numbers that NOBODY WILL EVER TOUCH. But you don't hear folks complaining about it like they do when this Kobe/Mike thing comes up.

I don't know. Maybe its just me but I have seen both play in their primes and I just don't care to compare them becasue I know they are both great. I know that if Lebron gets on the right squad and starts to win titles this will be brought up again and I still won't care because its just discussion. Its all opinion. It's hard to change somebody's opinion so I don't see why some people try so hard....

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

gosh im tired of kobe comparison.

kobe just try to get 5 more finals mvp, 5 more regular season mvp, 9 more scoring titles, dpoy...

now you're good.

this gets annoying... come on kobe..
it's not even about that though......kobe had an awful game, one of the worst games in finals history for a guy of his caliber. he not only shot horribly, but most of his shots were forced. even when we thought he had it together in the 4th, it managed to throw up a brick with 30 seconds left just to have gasol get the game winning rebound. i'm really surprised kobe didnt lose this game for the lakers. also throw in that 25% FG in the 4th Q of this series. best closer in the game huh?

kobe had one good game this series, and that was in a loss. imo he played horrible in the finals and didnt deserve finals mvp...

he should not have been compared to jordan...and this series made it that much more obvious

Jonny, thank you buddy! Good grief. How many of you people really watched MJ's game and not just "Come fly with me"? SMH! BTW, #8 achieving those feats is comical. Forget the rings as this is indicative of team efforts...#8 is not on MJ's level period especially when you attempted to bite his whole style. Be fresh be original with ya game.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Kobe winnin more titles is not goin put him past jordan, bill russell has wt 11 rings, is he better than jordan, no, wat jordan did and how he did it makes his legacy far greater than anyone elses, past, present, and future.

Thanks for posting this. Someone with critical thinking skills, finally! Why would you include Rings in your debate anyway if you know dam well you have to mention shaq as being the anchor for 3 of them? smh, silly! Let daniel son win 9 Stern, who cares. He is not on nor will he ever be on MJ's level.

Originally Posted by jc619er

I'm a long time Jordan fan and got to watch his whole career from beginning to end and there's no doubt he's the greatest. Now that's not to say Kobe isn't great and one of the greatest to ever play. He without a doubt is. He's done some incredible things on the court and has now finally proved he can lead a team and beat a worthy opponent because his first rings were Shaq led and beating Orlando last year wasn't that big of an accomplishment. He deserved the finals MVP this year because without him on that team they don't even make the finals. It's not about stats at that point, it's about presence and that's what he has.

But as for being better than MJ and being the GOAT he won't surpass that as MJ has been the benchmark of comparison since after his first 3 rings and then after his second three rings it was solidified. We can sit here and compare stats good and bad and missed shots and made shots but when it all comes down to it MJ knew how to win, PERIOD. As soon as he came on to the Bulls he took them to the playoffs. Every year he was on the Bulls they made the playoffs or the finals. He won the championship half of the years he played on the Bulls, never lost in the finals and he took his team to the best regular season record of all time. And then to top all of that he still has the best all time scoring average and 6 regular season and finals MVPs.

So yes Kobe is a great player and will go down as one of the top 5 if not top 2 players ever but last I checked MJ is still the standard at which a basketball player is measured, not anyone before him and not anyone after him and that's what makes MJ the GOAT.

Well said and respected. Let's not forget MJ led the most dominant sports team in history. Da Bulls won 204 games in 3 years, more than any other team in any sport including Baseball and Babe's NY team. MJ quite simple was great and efficient. I could go on and on about MJ, Phil, etc etc for example Phil's swag. #8 probably would not have won  any rings if they kept magic, rambis, dell etc etc as head coaches but with Phil who MJ and the Bulls help create made his journey much easier, along with having shaq in his prime, playing in a watered down  league etc etc...

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

seriously yall act like kobe himself said he is better than jordan. who cares if mike is better than kobe. as long as kobe didnt say anything then nobody should get all butthurt if someone brings up the argument of kobe vs jordan. relax. btw i bet half of NT hasnt even seen jordan play

^ So what do you think daniel son was saying when he randomly decided to switch his jersey # to 24, huh buddy? smh dude is a prick. #8 should be paying the most homage, respect and admiration to MJ more than any other player in the league. This is an unwritten rule when you attempt to bite another's whole style and call him up and ask him how to do moves, ijs!

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Kobe winnin more titles is not goin put him past jordan, bill russell has wt 11 rings, is he better than jordan, no, wat jordan did and how he did it makes his legacy far greater than anyone elses, past, present, and future.

Thanks for posting this. Someone with critical thinking skills, finally! Why would you include Rings in your debate anyway if you know dam well you have to mention shaq as being the anchor for 3 of them? smh, silly! Let daniel son win 9 Stern, who cares. He is not on nor will he ever be on MJ's level.
Exactly, alot of these Kobe fans really dig themselves their own hole when they bring up rings in comparison to MJ and Kobe.  I said this before and I'll say it again, Michael Jordan during his entire career with the Bulls played the role of Batman.........NEVER Robin.  Kobe on the other hand played the role of Robin for the first half of his career and the first 3 rings he Shaq got for him.  That right there tells you everything you need to know.

laugh.gif
Think about it people, he's just salty b/c HE wants to be the next Jordan! He's probably upset because he's not good enough to be compared to his dad so he takes out the frustration on Kobe.

I'm sorry: Hating on Kobe because he modeled his game after $$$'s and copied a lot of his moves is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 
There is no way dudes who resort to that are real hoop people/ballplayers...

I just find it extremely funny that guys on here will defend MJ as if he was THEIR OWN DAD. Like Pac said, the comparisons are going to be there for obvious reasons and there isn't anything anyone can do about it to stop the media or anyone else from making them, so give it a rest.

As for Kobe "copying" MJ's game as being a legit reason to hate on him
smh.gif
You do realize that Money has said in numerous interviews and books that he got most of what he learned from other greats before him like Dr. J right? What serious fan or person who has ever played ball hasn't tried to emulate the game of someone great they've seen play? The logic and riding in this thread is just preposterous. MJ himself probably doesn't care as much about it as some of you guys on here do. Fighting tooth and nail to defend a legacy that is already secure as one of if not the best to ever play the game.

If you don't think Kobe is better than MJ, then just let it go. No point in defending Kobe against the MJ fans because they win at the end of the day. Now, if you think Kobe is better than MJ, good luck on this thread.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Exactly, alot of these Kobe fans really dig themselves their own hole when they bring up rings in comparison to MJ and Kobe.  I said this before and I'll say it again, Michael Jordan during his entire career with the Bulls played the role of Batman.........NEVER Robin.  Kobe on the other hand played the role of Robin for the first half of his career and the first 3 rings he Shaq got for him.  That right there tells you everything you need to know.
Kobe's numbers in those playoff runs are a lot better than you think they are. The teams could go to either one on any given night and still come away victorious.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Kobe's numbers in those playoff runs are a lot better than you think they are. The teams could go to either one on any given night and still come away victorious.

Yet another Kobe fan in denial.........
laugh.gif
.  I'm going to tell you one more time just like I have told others on here.  Shaq was THE anchor for the first 3 championships that the Lakers won during Shaq and Kobe's tenure together.  It doesn't really matter what numbers Kobe was able to put up during that time because Shaq was the main guy during that 3-peat run, again Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin.  Facts is facts, and that's just the way it is.  I know alot of you Kobe fans want to try and rewrite history and want to purposely forget about Shaq and what he did for the Lakers and even for Kobe himself.  Be clear, the picture below is a great indication of what Shaq did for Kobe for the first 3 rings, as Shaq literally carried Kobe during their time together....................

shaqkobe.jpg

While Shaq obviously was the 1st option, Kobe was far from Robin.

That was as close to 1a & 1b as humanly possible.....They needed each other.

What Kobe has done since Shaq left and their stats during the 3peat years show that.

Downgrading either 1 of them to big up the other is silly.

Originally Posted by tupac003

I hate this...I swear I hate this.

When are people going to get over the fact that people ARE going to compare Kobe to Jordan? God just get over this. I am sick of seeing these dumb threads. The guy is never going to be Jordan. All he can be is Kobe Bryant. While he may not have the best stats in the finals he finds a way to keep getting rings.

I could care less about his personality. I could care less that he acts just like Jordan I could care less about any of the other dumb crap that is brought up both ways. At the end of the day the man has 5 rings. He has some great stats in the regular season and some in the playoffs. His finals stats aren't great but I know most players in the NBA wish they had what he had. When its all said and done he is going to have one of the best careers in the NBA.

I just don't get why some people act like its a sin to compare the 2. You know people are going to believe what they want to believe no matter how many stats you throw in the picture. It's not always going to be about stats. Hell some people believe mike is the greatest but I know players with better stats then him. Look at Bill Russel. He has numbers that NOBODY WILL EVER TOUCH. But you don't hear folks complaining about it like they do when this Kobe/Mike thing comes up.

I don't know. Maybe its just me but I have seen both play in their primes and I just don't care to compare them becasue I know they are both great. I know that if Lebron gets on the right squad and starts to win titles this will be brought up again and I still won't care because its just discussion. Its all opinion. It's hard to change somebody's opinion so I don't see why some people try so hard....

lol if you're talking about all-time stats i know someone who can touch those numbers

wilt-chamberlain.jpg

and kobe's 3 rings wit shaq,shouldnt hold as much weight in this convo.

imagine if MJ played wit shaq,would they ever lose?

thats like a video game team right there

Originally Posted by MJsaver

What Kobe has done since Shaq left and their stats during the 3peat years show that.

Na, I'ma have to disagree with you on that one fam.  There was a clear 1 and 2 in those days.  Shaq won the MVP all three times and it was never really close.  I can't find them, but Shaq's stats in the finals were crazy.  He needed Kobe obviously but that doesn't mean Kobe undeniably Robin during the first 3 championships, that's the reason the feud between the two started.  Shaq'a laziness caught up to him, he lost a step and Kobe was only getting better and they were becoming undeniably equals.  They both wanted the Alpha Dog spot.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Again, another Kobe fan in denial.  Perhaps you haven't heard the saying........."There can only be One".  With that in mind in the case of a team or group there always the main leader and then the person that under that person............ie Batman and Robin.  Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, why is that hard for you dudes to understand/accept??  It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom