Mario's album is gonna be the top R&B album this yr...

20K first week sale predictions
eek.gif

SMH

Just heard "Inside of You" for the 1st time.
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...That track could have been EPIC. SMH @ them not mastering that/putting thaton the album.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

My man needs a new label and new direction RIGHT NOW.

If you checked out the iTunes store on release day, the album wasn't even on the front page.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...and this is a young cat that has arguably the nicest voice in the game.

SMMFH
smh.gif

EDIT: Album gets a 6/10 for me AT BEST. Go! was a 8.5/10 easily...

smh.gif
I knew this would happen with this album. What a huge drop off in quality from GO!

Called it earlier as well.

The push back to november might actually hurt him sale wise seeing ppl are kinda off of break up, and his second single isnt that hot and besides that wont have enough time to catch steam before the album drops. Also as far as why the album was pushed back 1. the tour he currently is on. 2. the obvious leaks. This album was slated with earlier this year to catch it before songs were leak, but had to wait on gucci (jail waiting for his clearance to work with artist since he was contractually obligated to big cat records.) Amd of course the clearance of samples and his apperance with dancing with stars and his failed reality show about his life with a drug addict mother. All in all i expect him to do around 100,000 give or take first week.

20K first week sale predictions
eek.gif

SMH
eek.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I just dont understand Mario's management, I compare him to Craig David (another one my of my fav artists)

All the talent in the world, terrible management

This CD def is a letdown, I thought Mario's time was finally about to come

at least Jay Sean is primed to become one of the biggest artists on the planet

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I just dont understand Mario's management, I compare him to Craig David (another one my of my fav artists)

All the talent in the world, terrible management

This CD def is a letdown, I thought Mario's time was finally about to come

at least Jay Sean is primed to become one of the biggest artists on the planet

Like i said its j records, they basically suck. Besides jamie foxx,alicia keys,jennifer hudson, and fantasia, who else have they promoted well or havent drovecareer in the ground. What did tyrese do while on the label, did next ever come out with another album, they dropped the ball on busta rhymes album, and umbrooke valentine, sunshine anderson we can go on and on. Those four artist are the only ones they give/gave a good push to promote there albums, or not leaktheir album months and years before release.

I really like this album it has a great vibe and some damn good songs probably the best R&B album I have heard this year since Ryan Leslies effort.Starlight, Ooh Baby. Before She Said Hi and I Choose You are fiyah!

Question for my R&B heads: What joints did Ne-Yo write for this album?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I really like this album it has a great vibe and some damn good songs probably the best R&B album I have heard this year since Ryan Leslies effort. Starlight, Ooh Baby. Before She Said Hi and I Choose You are fiyah!

It is growing on me, but it is still not seeing Go!...

I don't know if Ne-Yo did any writing on this (most of it is Sean Garrett "The Pen" I think). I could be wrong though.
nerd.gif

I need a CD version of Inside Of You in my life...........................
nerd.gif

edit: What songs do you guys recommend from him that aren't on any of his albums?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

He recorded Lonely Girls Club but it aint make the album. Rico Love (Pleasure P's Let Me & Boyfriend #2, Jamie Foxx's Weekend Lover,Beyonce's Sweet Dreams & Save The Hero) did most of the album. Dream did Starlight and Babyface did I Choose You

Originally Posted by shch

I need a CD version of Inside Of You in my life...........................
nerd.gif

edit: What songs do you guys recommend from him that aren't on any of his albums?

R&B
Save My Soul (Tries some Neo-Soul and kills it)
Ghetto Love
Me & My Girl
Things You Do
Love
Better Man
Good One
15 Minutes
Punch Drunk Love
Yours Forever
What's It Gonna Be
Good News Bad News (Usher - Get My Swagger Back, if u wanna peep his version)
Live A Lie
I'm Trying To Be Down
Don't Do It
So Good In Bed
Such A Tease
Didn't Mean To Fall In Love
Boom In It
Average Chick
Hello

Pop
Human Nature (Cover)
Emergency Room (Ft. Rihanna sound-alike)
Lonely Girls Club
Come Back To Me
Promise Land
Weather Girl
Late Night
Who Do U Love
Highway To Love
Stuttering

I suck at narrowing down tracks
laugh.gif
...high to low is the order ofimportance

Back