Mario's album is gonna be the top R&B album this yr...

Originally Posted by LDJ

His album is edging out trey. It would be bigger better if half of the hits werent leaked and scrapped on the final album. The video version of thinking of you iuno isnt a great second single. def shoulda stepped out with stranded. his camp has to be the worst. how every album u have ever dropped drops months even in 1 case a yr before the release date. He seriously needs to get a better gropup of ppl in his house/camp.

I totally agree. I feel like Mario could be the top R&B artist in the game, but his camp is not very good. Bad with release dates, bad with promotion, attimes bad with production and lyrical choices. He's so close to being one of the top dogs, but I feel like that's what keeps him from busting through...

Even though these tracks are old as hell, hearing them mastered gives it a whole new feel. Before She Said Hi and Soundtrack To My Broken Heart sound totallydifferent. The Hardest Moment and Soundtrack To My Broken Heart sound incredible. It's like night and day on some of these tracks.

I could so imagine The Hardest Moment being in some Disney movie
laugh.gif

The push back to november might actually hurt him sale wise seeing ppl are kinda off of break up, and his second single isnt that hot and besides that wonthave enough time to catch steam before the album drops. Also as far as why the album was pushed back 1. the tour he currently is on. 2. the obvious leaks. Thisalbum was slated with earlier this year to catch it before songs were leak, but had to wait on gucci (jail waiting for his clearance to work with artist sincehe was contractually obligated to big cat records.) Amd of course the clearance of samples and his apperance with dancing with stars and his failed realityshow about his life with a drug addict mother. All in all i expect him to do around 100,000 give or take first week.

Originally Posted by LDJ

The push back to november might actually hurt him sale wise seeing ppl are kinda off of break up, and his second single isnt that hot and besides that wont have enough time to catch steam before the album drops. Also as far as why the album was pushed back 1. the tour he currently is on. 2. the obvious leaks. This album was slated with earlier this year to catch it before songs were leak, but had to wait on gucci (jail waiting for his clearance to work with artist since he was contractually obligated to big cat records.) Amd of course the clearance of samples and his apperance with dancing with stars and his failed reality show about his life with a drug addict mother. All in all i expect him to do around 100,000 give or take first week.
It's not gettin pushed back, it's still droppin on Tuesday. They were gonna push it back to November but I guess they smartened up.

He is on tour had a pretty hot 1st single and nothing else really is comming out so he should get near 100,000. I know singles dont translate sales but if treycan do 100,000+ with the single he had i dont see how mario with one of the hottest singles of the summer do poorly. And i see his album says tuesday but idont think it will. He isnt on any radio shows etc, nor promoting the album for this tuesday release. But hey wouldnt be the first time his promotion waslackluster.

Originally Posted by LDJ

He is on tour had a pretty hot 1st single and nothing else really is comming out so he should get near 100,000. I know singles dont translate sales but if trey can do 100,000+ with the single he had i dont see how mario with one of the hottest singles of the summer do poorly. And i see his album says tuesday but i dont think it will. He isnt on any radio shows etc, nor promoting the album for this tuesday release. But hey wouldnt be the first time his promotion was lackluster.

He gon be on 106 on Tuesday so he'll probably do radio that morning. He should of got a performance in on DWTS. That should of been a no brainer

i dont know anyone who really checks for Mario like they do Trey...

i didn't know he had so many supporters until this thread...

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by LDJ

He is on tour had a pretty hot 1st single and nothing else really is comming out so he should get near 100,000. I know singles dont translate sales but if trey can do 100,000+ with the single he had i dont see how mario with one of the hottest singles of the summer do poorly. And i see his album says tuesday but i dont think it will. He isnt on any radio shows etc, nor promoting the album for this tuesday release. But hey wouldnt be the first time his promotion was lackluster.

He gon be on 106 on Tuesday so he'll probably do radio that morning. He should of got a performance in on DWTS. That should of been a no brainer

Yea 106 and park meh i guess some is better then nuttin lol. Its just funny how J. Records is lets see Jamie Foxx,Alicia Keys and Fantasia get major pub promoon oprah news conferences etc about there releases then all the other artist get the Jimmy Cozier treatment leaked albums lil promotion minor tours etc.

Album was ok, very few songs I liked.

Break Up
Ooh Baby
I Choose You
Don't Walk Away

That was it, I liked Big Sean's verse though. Album was nothing like half of you people on here were hyping it to be.

I like every song on the album and that's not even on some fan boy !*%#...I'm being 100. If I hated something I'd !*%# on it no question...thisdude just don't make bad music
laugh.gif
. Big Sean's verse was garbageto me. They should of just left Young Chris on it or no rapper at all like Thinking About You and Get Out.

I like every song on the album and that's not even on some fan boy !*%#...I'm being 100. If I hated something I'd !*%# on it no question...this dude just don't make bad music
laugh.gif
. Big Sean's verse was garbage to me. They should of just left Young Chris on it or no rapper at all like Thinking About You and Get Out.
Diddy, I gotta disagree and I'm a huge Mario fan. In fact, I think he might have the nicest voice in the industry @ the moment. This albumwas VERY AVERAGE on first listen.

Go! >>>>>>>>>> DNA IMHO @ the moment. (maybe I need to give it more listens,but this IS NOT seeing Go! right now)...No disrespect, because Go! isprobably the most underrated R&B album I've ever heard. *shrugs*

My dude took a step back.
ohwell.gif
Way too many uptempo tracks & notenough ballads. The album cover is laughable & I feel he rushed the release date...

What are all the tracks I need to get that didn't make the album?!
nerd.gif
(I know you said there were a BUNCH of them out there).

agreed with eneyekayee...
go!>dNa
and yes what are the tracks that should have been on?
been kind of slow with everything as of late >L<<br /> but I'll put this cd on repeat for a little to see if it grows on me

Originally Posted by ZSong

::
01. Mario - Oh Baby (3:39)
02. Mario - Weather Weather (3:51)
03. Mario - Emergency Room (Feat. Rihanna) (3:51)
04. Mario ft Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up (4:10)
05. Mario - Get Out (3:30)
06. Mario - Lonely Girls Club (3:59)
07. Broken Heart (3:07)
08. Mario - My Story (3:59)
09. Mario - I Miss My Friend (3:47)
10. Mario - Don't Walk Away (4:03)
11. Mario - Come Back To Me (4:40)
12. Mario - Love (4:04)
13. Mario - Afraid To Cry (Hardest Moment) (3:40)
14. Mario - Promise Land (4:53)
15. Mario - Inside Of You (4:25)

ZSong's tracklisting >>> Clive Davis' tracklisting

But use the finalized/mastered versions of the songs that appear on the retail of course

But use the finalized/mastered versions of the songs that appear on the retail of course

Thanks my man! *bookmarks to d/l later*

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Diddy, I gotta disagree and I'm a huge Mario fan. In fact, I think he might have the nicest voice in the industry @ the moment. This album was VERY AVERAGE on first listen.

Go! >>>>>>>>>> DNA IMHO @ the moment. (maybe I need to give it more listens, but this IS NOT seeing Go! right now)...No disrespect, because Go! is probably the most underrated R&B album I've ever heard. *shrugs*

My dude took a step back.
ohwell.gif
Way too many uptempo tracks & not enough ballads. The album cover is laughable & I feel he rushed the release date...

What are all the tracks I need to get that didn't make the album?!
nerd.gif
(I know you said there were a BUNCH of them out there).

Not enough ballads...? You got 4 back to back at the end of the album
laugh.gif

Go! was more of the that R&B formula and it did nothing(album was handled horribly). D.N.A. he's trying to go International with it. It's win orbust. I aint mad at him for going Pop on this one. Was this his best material? no. Anybody who followed the leaks up to this album knows there was bettertracks and he was fighting between that R&B sound and that Pop sound. You could hear it; one track would leak and it would be Dre & Vidal or B. Coxproduction (Soulful $#$ Better Man, Live A Lie & Trying To Be Down
pimp.gif
), another track would leak and it would be some pop @@**. When the tracklist came out I didn't believe it - I thought it was a joke because there were somany other tracks that should of made the album and the tracks themselves were really old. I see this album as a heat check...he's trying see what hisfanbase is like and also gain new fans through broadening the sound. Mad tracks left on the floor...he could drop another album tomorrow
laugh.gif

Go! was ill...Music For Love still be on the radio
laugh.gif
. Crying Out For Me,Lay In My Bed, Skippin, Kryptonite(Ft. Eve), Do Right, Why, No Definition...ill. So I'll easily agree with you on that but this album is a different soundcompared to Go!.

Still cant believe Inside Of You aint make the album

Some other tracks:

15 Minutes
Better Man
Don't Do It
Good One
Highway To Love
How Could I Break The Heart That Loved Me
I'm Trying To Be Down
Late Night
Live A Lie
Me & My Girl
So Good In Bed
Things You Do
Yours Forever

^ I agree, my pick right now is "Signature"

Honorable Mentions

J. Holiday - Round 2
Case - The Rose Experience
Pleasure P - The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
Ginuwine - A Man's Thoughts

Those are my top 5 of 09 so far, Mario's CD was weak son

Still cant believe Inside Of You aint make the album

Same... I like to believe Tricky Stewart produced it but regardless of who did,
I KNOW if the track was chosen to be on the retail version that the producer would've done some extra things mid-way or towards the end and really make itcome to life...
frown.gif

and on second thought,
sick.gif
sick.gif
at the final version of Soundtrack to My BrokenHeart
RUINS THE SONG IMO
The new drum kit what the hell... annoying guitar riffs throughout SMH
Only good addition was the strings towards the end...
I'll stick to the leaked version thx

I still think "Don't Walk Away" could be a nice alternative-pop type hit for him
tho I HATE that lazy amateur guitar during the verses [well throughout but it's most prominent during the verses]
regardless... the chorus is superb

As for the 'new' songs: Thinkin Bout You, Stranded, Before She Said Hi [beat sounds fit for Wale]...
All skippable. wack.

damm Mario's people SUCK.

We need a board.

I'm NOT feelin this CD too much. The 1st couple of joints was cool until he got off in to the pop joints and that ruined it for me. Live A Lie definitelyshould've been on this album. That's a very dope song.

Back
Top Bottom