Mark Teixeira Close To Making a Decision...

jordanxi2001

Banned
praying-dog-boy.jpg

my enthusiasm about the Nationals landing Tex has died down a little bit, but i still think it's a possibility. shock the world Nats, and outbid the bigboys!

Ah, I doubt it, the Birds seem to have won the bid.

But things can change.

As long as he doesn't end up in the NL West.
happy.gif

what good would be with the Nationals?

he's not marketable, he won't have any real protection. I'm sorry Ryan Zimmerman is a 5 hitter at best.

paying 20 mil a year for a .280 35 110 hitter when you have no other pieces is stupid on many levels.

Some dude just said in the MLB offseason thread that it looks like Teix will go to BOS and Manny will come to the Angels.

I'm not saying that dude is a legit source or anything; I'm just saying that if that were to happen, I would be unbelievably pleased beyondexplanation.

I told the guy I needed a source.

What I really need is to see Manny don the Halo.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's become overrated with the money people are talking about him getting.

I never understand why people think dude is that nice. He will be Giambi 2.0 for whatever team.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

he's not marketable, he won't have any real protection. I'm sorry Ryan Zimmerman is a 5 hitter at best.

paying 20 mil a year for a .280 35 110 hitter when you have no other pieces is stupid on many levels.

Please don't let JRain read this.....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*losing K-Rod and Teix unappreciation*

frown.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Don't worry SKA, unless the A's make more moves, the division is still the Angels. Unless the Rangers or Mariners show the world....but Idoubt it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

he's not marketable? he'd be a hometown hero in Washington. won't have any real protection? put him in between Zimmerman (3) and Dukes(5), and that would be a powerhouse 3-4-5. Zimmerman would thrive batting in front of Tex and put up Wright like numbers offensively. Dukes would rack up theRBI batting behind Tex. my dude Dukes is destined for a MONSTER breakout season: all star debut, hr derby champ, 40+ homers, just watch.

sadly though, i don't think Tex will actually be a National but I am keeping the hope alive. then my worst fear will come true and the Nationals will beguaranteed to sign the strikeout machine Adam Dunn.
sick.gif

From the O's MB

ESPN is reporting that Teixeira is close to making a decision and that he has "an enormous attraction to the Orioles."

Say what you want about the money, but this is the EXACT signing the O's need. He's a MD native, and a guy who could help rekindle interest in this"once" proud franchise. OPACY is the most beautiful park in MLB, and unfortunately, no one is going to the games. Signing Tex would be a step in theright direction, and hopefully will help mend fences between Angelos and some die-hard O's fans....

Matt Wieters is going to be starting catcher opening day right?
Robert, Markakis Texeria, Huff, Witeters is a great looking lineup up assuming Huff repeats what he did last year.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Matt Wieters is going to be starting catcher opening day right?
Robert, Markakis Texeria, Huff, Witeters is a great looking lineup up assuming Huff repeats what he did last year.
Yeah...since they traded Ramon, all signs point to Wieters being the opening day catcher....dude is a SICK talent, and has destroyed minor leaguepitching....I dunno what got into Huff last year, but hopefully he can repeat...

Roberts, Markakis, Tex, Huff, Weiters, Jones.....that's not a bad lineup....

gotta shore up that pitching tho
sick.gif

Some dude just said in the MLB offseason thread that it looks like Teix will go to BOS and Manny will come to the Angels.

I'm not saying that dude is a legit source or anything; I'm just saying that if that were to happen, I would be unbelievably pleased beyond explanation.

Sorry Ska
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From the O's MB

ESPN is reporting that Teixeira is close to making a decision and that he has "an enormous attraction to the Orioles."

Say what you want about the money, but this is the EXACT signing the O's need. He's a MD native, and a guy who could help rekindle interest in this "once" proud franchise. OPACY is the most beautiful park in MLB, and unfortunately, no one is going to the games. Signing Tex would be a step in the right direction, and hopefully will help mend fences between Angelos and some die-hard O's fans....
Rekindle interest, maybe. The bottom line is the O's need pitching bad!

man i would love to land tex...but damn is that price high. hes good, he's not THAT good though. but i'll welcome him here if he picks us.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From the O's MB

Say what you want about the money, but this is the EXACT signing the O's need. He's a MD native, and a guy who could help rekindle interest in this "once" proud franchise. OPACY is the most beautiful park in MLB, and unfortunately, no one is going to the games. Signing Tex would be a step in the right direction, and hopefully will help mend fences between Angelos and some die-hard O's fans....
Rekindle interest, maybe. The bottom line is the O's need pitching bad!

Oh, no doubt!

I'm just happy that they didn't spend crazy money on that fools gold, AJ Burnett. There was talk of the Os showing interest, but I'm not sold onhim one bit. We have our #1 in Jeremy Guthrie, but starters 2-5 are HUGE question marks...

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Some dude just said in the MLB offseason thread that it looks like Teix will go to BOS the Nationals and Manny will come to the Angels.

I'm not saying that dude is a legit source or anything; I'm just saying that if that were to happen, I would be unbelievably pleased beyond explanation.

Sorry Ska
nerd.gif
thats the word in the streets
http:// " href="http://">

The sox need to land him just to compete with NYY offseason moves. If he doesnt come to BOS and for some god forsaken reason the sox have a bad year BOS willbe after Epsteins head.

Back
Top Bottom