Marvel or DC

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

There was nothing wrong with Stardust; it's a great fantasy movie.
I think it just didn't feel too memorable to me. I also remember it being a bit too long, maybe it was just me?

There was nothing wrong with Stardust; it's a great fantasy movie.
I think it just didn't feel too memorable to me. I also remember it being a bit too long, maybe it was just me?

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i gotta go with marvel, only DC character doing it for me right now is batman.�
Thanks for putting me on this.. just finished DL'ing and watching the first episode in 720p. First episode was solid.
PM me for the link.

And really, as much as I love Batman, no other DC heroes interest me. I grew up reading X-Men (and other mutant franchises, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc...) and Spider-Man.
Have you not watched the JLA animated series?  That whole series is solid.

�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Thanks for putting me on this.. just finished DL'ing and watching the first episode in 720p. First episode was solid.
PM me for the link.

And really, as much as I love Batman, no other DC heroes interest me. I grew up reading X-Men (and other mutant franchises, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc...) and Spider-Man.
Have you not watched the JLA animated series?  That whole series is solid.

Marvel's characters, movies, and games are all better than DC.

..but I must admit that I do like DC's animated work

Marvel's characters, movies, and games are all better than DC.

..but I must admit that I do like DC's animated work

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
PM me for the link.

Have you not watched the JLA animated series?� That whole series is solid.
Is that the one that ran in early 2000? The only series I've watched from DC recently was Young Justice, and it's been on hiatus for months. I actually liked it a lot. Hopefully it didn't get cancelled.
Is The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a good series?

Now that I got a new 1.5 TB External HD I should be back to DL'ing like a mutha.

�
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
PM me for the link.

Is that the one that ran in early 2000? The only series I've watched from DC recently was Young Justice, and it's been on hiatus for months. I actually liked it a lot. Hopefully it didn't get cancelled.
Is The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a good series?

Now that I got a new 1.5 TB External HD I should be back to DL'ing like a mutha.

Wolverine n iron man anime airing on g4tv this fall along with blade n xmen beginning of next year

Wolverine n iron man anime airing on g4tv this fall along with blade n xmen beginning of next year

PM me for the link.

Is that the one that ran in early 2000? The only series I've watched from DC recently was�Young Justice, and it's been on hiatus for months. I actually liked it a lot. Hopefully it didn't get cancelled.
Is�The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes a good series?

Yessir.  It was "Justice League" then it turned into "Justice League Unlimited".  I guarantee that you will love it.

PM me for the link.

Is that the one that ran in early 2000? The only series I've watched from DC recently was�Young Justice, and it's been on hiatus for months. I actually liked it a lot. Hopefully it didn't get cancelled.

Yessir.  It was "Justice League" then it turned into "Justice League Unlimited".  I guarantee that you will love it.

PM me for the link.

JL is pretty good, it later turned into JLU (Justice League Unlimited).

The Avengers: Earths Mithiest Heroes are surprisingly good as well, artwork could be better though. The stories are pretty well written and each episode connects and intertwines in one way or the other.

PM me for the link.

JL is pretty good, it later turned into JLU (Justice League Unlimited).

The Avengers: Earths Mithiest Heroes are surprisingly good as well, artwork could be better though. The stories are pretty well written and each episode connects and intertwines in one way or the other.

I will give DC the advantage on the animated side. Their cartoons and animated movies are amazing. Marvel had some great cartoons like Spiderman and X-Men in the 90's but so did DC with the classic Superman and Batman ones and they continued in the 2000's with JL,Static Shock,Teen Titans and The Batman.

I will give DC the advantage on the animated side. Their cartoons and animated movies are amazing. Marvel had some great cartoons like Spiderman and X-Men in the 90's but so did DC with the classic Superman and Batman ones and they continued in the 2000's with JL,Static Shock,Teen Titans and The Batman.

RFX45 you forgot to add Spiderman 3 to the list of awful Marvel movies.

DC>>Marvel for animation (Batman TAS, Justice League, ALL BATMAN animated movies, The adventures of Superman).

Marvel>>DC in terms of variety and sheer number of superheroes and villains (Xmen, Avengers, Fantastic 4, Sinister 6, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. vs...Justice League)

I'd say both are even in terms of iconic heroes (Batman, Supes, Flash, Wonderwoman vs Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cap)

Same can be said about iconic villains (Joker, Luthor, Darkseid vs Venom, Magneto, Galactus)

DC's worst movie (Batman and Robin, Catwoman) waaaaaay worse than any crappy Marvel movie. But Marvel should be ashamed of their worst as well (Daredevil, X3, Spiderman 3)

DC's best movie (Dark Knight)> Marvel's best movie (Iron Man/X2) though I haven't seen First Class yet.

Action figures are about even (Marvel legends vs DC Universe)

In summary though, I enjoy both universes. I am a nerd.

RFX45 you forgot to add Spiderman 3 to the list of awful Marvel movies.

DC>>Marvel for animation (Batman TAS, Justice League, ALL BATMAN animated movies, The adventures of Superman).

Marvel>>DC in terms of variety and sheer number of superheroes and villains (Xmen, Avengers, Fantastic 4, Sinister 6, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. vs...Justice League)

I'd say both are even in terms of iconic heroes (Batman, Supes, Flash, Wonderwoman vs Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cap)

Same can be said about iconic villains (Joker, Luthor, Darkseid vs Venom, Magneto, Galactus)

DC's worst movie (Batman and Robin, Catwoman) waaaaaay worse than any crappy Marvel movie. But Marvel should be ashamed of their worst as well (Daredevil, X3, Spiderman 3)

DC's best movie (Dark Knight)> Marvel's best movie (Iron Man/X2) though I haven't seen First Class yet.

Action figures are about even (Marvel legends vs DC Universe)

In summary though, I enjoy both universes. I am a nerd.

Originally Posted by el terrible23

DC isn't just the JLA. DC has the Doom Patrol and the Challengers of the Unknown which are what Marvel ripped off to make the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC has an active Western side with Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Cinnamon etc. DC does horror with Swamp Thing, Hellblazer & Madam Xanadu. DC does espionage and spy-fiction with Checkmate and the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.  DC does pulpy sci-fi with Adam Strange and Legion of Super-heroes. DC does straight pulp detective fiction with The Spirit. DC does weird fantasy with Sandman and House of Mystery.  And they do all this on top of their regular capes and cowl superhero stuff.

DC isn't just the JLA. DC has the Doom Patrol and the Challengers of the Unknown which are what Marvel ripped off to make the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC has an active Western side with Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Cinnamon etc. DC does horror with Swamp Thing, Hellblazer & Madam Xanadu. DC does espionage and spy-fiction with Checkmate and the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.  DC does pulpy sci-fi with Adam Strange and Legion of Super-heroes. DC does straight pulp detective fiction with The Spirit. DC does weird fantasy with Sandman and House of Mystery.  And they do all this on top of their regular capes and cowl superhero stuff.

DC isn't just the JLA. DC has the Doom Patrol and the Challengers of the Unknown which are what Marvel ripped off to make the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC has an active Western side with Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Cinnamon etc. DC does horror with Swamp Thing, Hellblazer & Madam Xanadu. DC does espionage and spy-fiction with Checkmate and the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.  DC does pulpy sci-fi with Adam Strange and Legion of Super-heroes. DC does weird fantasy with Sandman and House of Mystery.  And they do all this on top of their regular capes and cowl superhero stuff.

Even though not many people knows these, I am still surprised at the number of DC votes in this thread. On NT, unless it is Batman, Marvel usually triumphs over anything.

Back
Top Bottom