Marvel or DC

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by el terrible23

Marvel>>DC in terms of variety and sheer number of superheroes and villains (Xmen, Avengers, Fantastic 4, Sinister 6, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. vs...Justice League)
DC isn't just the JLA. DC has the Doom Patrol and the Challengers of the Unknown which are what Marvel ripped off to make the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC has an active Western side with Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Cinnamon etc. DC does horror with Swamp Thing, Hellblazer & Madam Xanadu. DC does espionage and spy-fiction with Checkmate and the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.  DC does pulpy sci-fi with Adam Strange and Legion of Super-heroes. DC does weird fantasy with Sandman and House of Mystery.  And they do all this on top of their regular capes and cowl superhero stuff.

Even though not many people knows these, I am still surprised at the number of DC votes in this thread. On NT, unless it is Batman, Marvel usually triumphs over anything.

RFX45 you forgot to add Spiderman 3 to the list of awful Marvel movies.

DC>>Marvel for animation (Batman TAS, Justice League, ALL BATMAN animated movies, The adventures of Superman).

Marvel>>DC in terms of variety and sheer number of superheroes and villains (Xmen, Avengers, Fantastic 4, Sinister 6, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc. vs...Justice League)

I'd say both are even in terms of iconic heroes (Batman, Supes, Flash, Wonderwoman vs Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cap)

Same can be said about iconic villains (Joker, Luthor, Darkseid vs Venom, Magneto, Galactus)

DC's worst movie (Batman and Robin, Catwoman) waaaaaay worse than any crappy Marvel movie. But Marvel should be ashamed of their worst as well (Daredevil, X3, Spiderman 3)

DC's best movie (Dark Knight)> Marvel's best movie (Iron Man/X2) though I haven't seen First Class yet.

Action figures are about even (Marvel legends vs DC Universe)

In summary though, I enjoy both universes. I am a nerd.
Agree with everything though Spidey 1 and 2 should be also up there for best Marvel movie.

RFX45 you forgot to add Spiderman 3 to the list of awful Marvel movies.

DC>>Marvel for animation (Batman TAS, Justice League, ALL BATMAN animated movies, The adventures of Superman).

I'd say both are even in terms of iconic heroes (Batman, Supes, Flash, Wonderwoman vs Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cap)

Same can be said about iconic villains (Joker, Luthor, Darkseid vs Venom, Magneto, Galactus)

DC's worst movie (Batman and Robin, Catwoman) waaaaaay worse than any crappy Marvel movie. But Marvel should be ashamed of their worst as well (Daredevil, X3, Spiderman 3)

DC's best movie (Dark Knight)> Marvel's best movie (Iron Man/X2) though I haven't seen First Class yet.

Action figures are about even (Marvel legends vs DC Universe)

In summary though, I enjoy both universes. I am a nerd.
Agree with everything though Spidey 1 and 2 should be also up there for best Marvel movie.

Originally Posted by RFX45

DC isn't just the JLA. DC has the Doom Patrol and the Challengers of the Unknown which are what Marvel ripped off to make the X-Men and Fantastic Four. DC has an active Western side with Jonah Hex, El Diablo, Bat Lash, Cinnamon etc. DC does horror with Swamp Thing, Hellblazer & Madam Xanadu. DC does espionage and spy-fiction with Checkmate and the Suicide Squad/Secret Six.  DC does pulpy sci-fi with Adam Strange and Legion of Super-heroes. DC does weird fantasy with Sandman and House of Mystery.  And they do all this on top of their regular capes and cowl superhero stuff.

Even though not many people knows these, I am still surprised at the number of DC votes in this thread. On NT, unless it is Batman, Marvel usually triumphs over anything.
Falcon4567 is the most knowledgeable DC head on NT that I know of thus far.

Marvel, only because Batman is the only one holding any weight for DC (in my opinion)

When I think of Marvel I think of:
-the nostalgia of watching X MEN and Spiderman on Saturdays on FOX
-collecting the cards (anyone remember Marvel Masterpieces?)
-Wolverine toys
-How I went from zero interest in Avengers to telling everyone to watch Thor after I saw it
-The Wolverine anime

Batman
-dressed up as him for halloween
-the first Tim Burton Batman movie
-Batman the animated series
-Batman begins
-reading the graphic novels
-TDmfK
-Arkham Asylum

Is anyone else as juiced as I am about Dark Knight Rises AND The Avengers BOTH coming out next summer?
There's your DC vs Marvel right there

Marvel, only because Batman is the only one holding any weight for DC (in my opinion)

When I think of Marvel I think of:
-the nostalgia of watching X MEN and Spiderman on Saturdays on FOX
-collecting the cards (anyone remember Marvel Masterpieces?)
-Wolverine toys
-How I went from zero interest in Avengers to telling everyone to watch Thor after I saw it
-The Wolverine anime

Batman
-dressed up as him for halloween
-the first Tim Burton Batman movie
-Batman the animated series
-Batman begins
-reading the graphic novels
-TDmfK
-Arkham Asylum

Is anyone else as juiced as I am about Dark Knight Rises AND The Avengers BOTH coming out next summer?
There's your DC vs Marvel right there

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Falcon is probably the most knowledgeable comic book head on NT.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Falcon is probably the most knowledgeable comic book head on NT.

Hulk with Eric Bana wasn't that bad. Neither was Punisher. I just can't group those with Ghost Rider, SM3, or FF.

GL was that bad. I'm convinced Ryan Reynolds shouldn't do any fictional comic book character.

I'm aware of the other genres DC gets in to but honestly there's certain things I look for in comics and other things I just don't like regardless of who's doing it. If you're arguing DC has more variety genre wise with their comics sure. Think that comic about Marvel was dealing specifically with the superhero lane.

Hulk with Eric Bana wasn't that bad. Neither was Punisher. I just can't group those with Ghost Rider, SM3, or FF.

GL was that bad. I'm convinced Ryan Reynolds shouldn't do any fictional comic book character.

I'm aware of the other genres DC gets in to but honestly there's certain things I look for in comics and other things I just don't like regardless of who's doing it. If you're arguing DC has more variety genre wise with their comics sure. Think that comic about Marvel was dealing specifically with the superhero lane.

Even in just superhero fiction DC has more variety. Marvel has never had a book like Starman, Hitman or Animal Man where you can break the traditions and tropes of superheroics and point them back right in the face of their biggest characters. Marvel can't keep a funny book like Irredeemable Ant-Man or Agents of Atlas going but DC will give Plastic Man, Booster Gold and The JLI books and support them for as long as possible. Marvel doesn't have any prominent female characters that aren't part of a team or family but Power Girl, Supergirl, Zatanna and Batgirl are four of the best books DC is putting out right now.

Even in just superhero fiction DC has more variety. Marvel has never had a book like Starman, Hitman or Animal Man where you can break the traditions and tropes of superheroics and point them back right in the face of their biggest characters. Marvel can't keep a funny book like Irredeemable Ant-Man or Agents of Atlas going but DC will give Plastic Man, Booster Gold and The JLI books and support them for as long as possible. Marvel doesn't have any prominent female characters that aren't part of a team or family but Power Girl, Supergirl, Zatanna and Batgirl are four of the best books DC is putting out right now.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Ryan Reynolds is still the perfect Deadpool.

And to be honest, SM3 isn't as terrible as most people think. People just hyped up Venom too much and was vastly disappointed so they hated it. Movie wasn't perfect but to say it is as bad as Ghost Rider and FF?

And again, I just watched 30 minutes of the Punisher and it nearly put me to sleep. Not sure how people can like it more than SM3 or Superman Returns.

And to be honest, SM3 isn't as terrible as most people think. People just hyped up Venom too much and was vastly disappointed so they hated it. Movie wasn't perfect but to say it is as bad as Ghost Rider and FF?

And again, I just watched 30 minutes of the Punisher and it nearly put me to sleep. Not sure how people can like it more than SM3 or Superman Returns.

I have no faith in Reynolds. Never thought highly of him to begin with. I'd prefer a no name trying to be Deadpool than him. Dude is like one notch above Dane Cook in acting.

There is no hyping up Venom. It's **%!+!! Venom. Whether you read the comics or watched the animated series in the 90s you can't hype such an arch enemy turned anti-hero. IMO ppl's expectations should've been high after the Doc Ock portrayal in SM2. Then they force Brock in the film and got the damn nerve to cast Topher Grace of all ppl?(ironically before SM1 I thought he'd be a great PP) Venom and the weak Sandman role didn't help. They didn't know what they were doing with Harry Osbourn either. To me SM3 was a monumental failure and is on the level of FF because of how good the first two films were.

Superman Returns puts me to sleep. I'd rather watch that portrayal of Frank Castle than Superman Returns. I will admit that I didn't like Punisher or Hulk on first watch but then I decided to actually pay attention. Hulk doesn't pay off as a great action film but I liked the story same with Punisher which pacing isn't that bad.

I have no faith in Reynolds. Never thought highly of him to begin with. I'd prefer a no name trying to be Deadpool than him. Dude is like one notch above Dane Cook in acting.

There is no hyping up Venom. It's **%!+!! Venom. Whether you read the comics or watched the animated series in the 90s you can't hype such an arch enemy turned anti-hero. IMO ppl's expectations should've been high after the Doc Ock portrayal in SM2. Then they force Brock in the film and got the damn nerve to cast Topher Grace of all ppl?(ironically before SM1 I thought he'd be a great PP) Venom and the weak Sandman role didn't help. They didn't know what they were doing with Harry Osbourn either. To me SM3 was a monumental failure and is on the level of FF because of how good the first two films were.

Superman Returns puts me to sleep. I'd rather watch that portrayal of Frank Castle than Superman Returns. I will admit that I didn't like Punisher or Hulk on first watch but then I decided to actually pay attention. Hulk doesn't pay off as a great action film but I liked the story same with Punisher which pacing isn't that bad.

Just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for Venom, he was definitely hyped up like Gambit and Deadpool was. Those are those fan favorites characters that even people who has no prior knowledge of the characters/comics liked because they looked cool or considered a bad-***.

Just gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for Venom, he was definitely hyped up like Gambit and Deadpool was. Those are those fan favorites characters that even people who has no prior knowledge of the characters/comics liked because they looked cool or considered a bad-***.

Back
Top Bottom