Marvel Video Games Thread :: Spider-Man 2 (PS5) Out Now!

What do people who complain about monotonous gameplay expect from an action game? serious question. What game are they using as a benchmark? does it just shift gameplay every level?

What do people who complain about monotonous gameplay expect from an action game? serious question. What game are they using as a benchmark? does it just shift gameplay every level?

It’s just reviewers who aren’t fond of superhero games and compare side quests to those in RPG’s. The only mainstream review site that matters is Gamespot. IGN has been garbage since 2007 when they gave Devil May Cry 4 a higher score than Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC4 LITERALLY had you go back and replay levels in the main game while Ninja Gaiden 2 improved on everything pt 1 on the Xbox did and then some. Mind you I’m a Capcom fiend.

Metacritic score is at 88 so this game is approaching legendary status.

:blush:

F9A8069C-6BF0-4187-80C0-CAF4BFABAC70.jpeg

It’s just reviewers who aren’t fond of superhero games and compare side quests to those in RPG’s. The only mainstream review site that matters is Gamespot. IGN has been garbage since 2007 when they gave Devil May Cry 4 a higher score than Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC4 LITERALLY had you go back and replay levels in the main game while Ninja Gaiden 2 improved on everything pt 1 on the Xbox did and then some. Mind you I’m a Capcom fiend.

Metacritic score is at 88 so this game is approaching legendary status.
DMC4 may be just about the most repetitive action game, but I get that's how they go. Atleast with spidey and Ninja Gaiden looks like they have a huge arsenal of moves.

I still haven't seen the statue I'm getting with the collector's edition. :lol: Gonna be cool to see it for the first time on Thursday night

I still haven't seen the statue I'm getting with the collector's edition. :lol: Gonna be cool to see it for the first time on Thursday night

was able to add it to cart at BB and was surprised that Destiny was included for free with it

unfortunately when i tried to check out it says sold out

i am surprised there isn't a pic of the statue yet, i figured there be someone unboxing it on yt by now

I only take Easy Allies and ACG for legit reviews. Though, it has a good score so far overall, though it's not epic level accumulated score like GTA, Zelda, or God of War.

Last edited:
I can actually see the side missions being repetitive depending on how they play out, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, few open world games pull off unique and non-repetitive side missions. See Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls, The Witcher, etc.

If every side plot consists of "do x task n times or to varying degrees of difficulty" with x remaining constant per side plot, then yeah.

Still hyped tho. All these reviews are still saying the game is fire

Last edited:
I can actually see the side missions being repetitive depending on how they play out, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, few open world games pull off unique and non-repetitive side missions. See Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls, The Witcher, etc.

If every side plot consists of "do x task n times or to varying degrees of difficulty" with x remaining constant per side plot, then yeah.

Still hyped tho. All these reviews are still saying the game is fire
That's what i'm saying, unless people want these things short.

You don’t have to wait til Thursday unless you have self control and don’t click this :nerd:

2AA8E95F-D830-4C7D-AD89-C613A15DB809.jpeg

while game looks good
cant justify picking it up now
specially with rdr2 and pokemon then smash in the next 3 months
plus i MIGHT get blops4 just for zombies

C’mon G are you serious? Smash isn’t til december. Eevee and Pikachu can wait just off the strength that I don’t think it’s gonna be what we expect. Spider-Man has The Heist DLC releasing 2 days before RDR2 and YOU KNOW RDR2 is getting a complete edition in 4 months time. And Black Ops 4??? Really man?

C’mon G are you serious? Smash isn’t til december. Eevee and Pikachu can wait just off the strength that I don’t think it’s gonna be what we expect. Spider-Man has The Heist DLC releasing 2 days before RDR2 and YOU KNOW RDR2 is getting a complete edition in 4 months time. And Black Ops 4??? Really man?
I’m a be real
I bought gta5 on release day on ps3
Got it on ps4
I still ain’t beat it :lol:
My 11 and 12 year old has beat it multiple times
And keep tryna tell me the ending
I’ll finish it one day
Just don’t have the patience that much anymore

Back
Top Bottom