Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

it's a real thing. the only problem is that the organization promoting it are not good guys nor all of them.

And it’s much more likely they shoot someone they know rather than take out a “bad guy”.

Anyone who is a half responsible gun owner will tell you they have a trigger lock or their gun in a safe rather than loaded on their nightstand - so if someone breaks into your house you’re going to need at least a couple of minutes to get it out and load it from a dead sleep - and then you need to be alert enough not to shoot a family member.

I argued with a guy on a different forum about that a few years ago. This middle aged doctor claimed he could go from fast asleep to armed and alert in 6 seconds.

I was in a hotel a couple of years ago and the fire alarm went off about 3am - took me at least a minute to work out where my pants were never mind anything more dangerous or complicated.

And it’s much more likely they shoot someone they know rather than take out a “bad guy”.

Anyone who is a half responsible gun owner will tell you they have a trigger lock or their gun in a safe rather than loaded on their nightstand - so if someone breaks into your house you’re going to need at least a couple of minutes to get it out and load it from a dead sleep - and then you need to be alert enough not to shoot a family member.

I argued with a guy on a different forum about that a few years ago. This middle aged doctor claimed he could go from fast asleep to armed and alert in 6 seconds.

I was in a hotel a couple of years ago and the fire alarm went off about 3am - took me at least a minute to work out where my pants were never mind anything more dangerous or complicated.
I say he's full of b.s. I can believe the alert part though the part of being armed in 6 seconds is baloney unless he is already well-armed while sleeping or had his gun loaded under the mattress. again, that is dangerous and wouldn't make sense unless his household is frequently visited by a bad guy with a gun. also, people with sense don't brag about that kind of thing.

I remember many years ago when I got into a deep sleep that I forgot that my wife was working a night shift. in my subconscious sleeping state, I heard the bedroom door knob being turned and from that state, I just jumped up in bed, shouting and in a fighting stance only to realize that it was my wife coming in and not a burglar. it took me 5 seconds to collect myself and realize what was happening. so that doctor is full of it and could have killed someone without realizing what is going on.

This is how the gun lobby gains so much influence over the right.

When someone dissents, they force them out of the paint.

You run that plan for decades, then you can own a party.

Yeah, that’s a simple playbook “oh, you have a primary coming up?” and suddenly your pro-gun opponent is well funded.

Those POS cops in Uvalde had the nerve to threaten her for speaking. They're that mad one woman showed more heart and balls than all 20 something of them put together.

There was a good guy with a gun who tried to stop the Buffalo shooter. Kid had body armor though, which has now been banned or severely restricted in New York from what I hear. Not gonna stop people from crossing state lines though.

So we not gonna talk about Action Bronson in the dress in front of the kid :lol:

All jokes aside, that footage is CRAZY

So we not gonna talk about Action Bronson in the dress in front of the kid :lol:

All jokes aside, that footage is CRAZY

1654372244410.png

You’re right though - that was wild. She did the right thing at least - toss him a wad of cash and tell him to leave. At least nobody was injured.

Back
Top Bottom